24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a 1951 made K-22. It purely rocks!! Accurate as a laser beam. Fired my first rounds at age 4 out of my Dad's K-22 and this one popped up and I just HAD to have it. My Brother has Dad's gun.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sure would like to handle and shoot the best 22.

In the meantime I have no complaints with these Smiths...

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just for the shear pleasure of plinking and growing up in the 50's w/ all those cowboys, a Colt Peacemaker is hard to beat.
[Linked Image]

"The older I get, the better I was"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I ended up with RJM's 34/35 last year smile

It may not be "the best" by any objective measure but all I know is that it hits a 4" plate at 25y in DA standing like you were throwing magnets at a refrigerator.

There is something about the sight radius of a 6" barrel on a TINY steel I-frame - ridiculously handy but practical field accuracy aplenty!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by alukban; 02/28/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a Colt New Frontier .22lr with the 7.5" barrel with beautiful case hardening that was out-shooting any other .22lr. hand gun I had including a bull barreled Single shot Thompson contender with an adjusted super light trigger pull. It outshot S&W Model 41, Ruger Target Competition bull barrel shooters, and many other target autos.

Foolishly I traded it in for something in a bigger caliber....big mistake. I've looked and looked for a replacement and the only ones so far had been used and abused and start at $800 and on up.

I ended up getting a Ruger New Model Single Six stainless in 6.5" barrel that shoots within a whisper of the Colt. Shoots almost as good as the Colt but doesn't look and feel like the Colt. I resigned myself to the Ruger and am semi happy with the best to date substitute for the Colt.

IC B2

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don't think you can beat a K22 in any version. This one hasn't been fired yet.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Colts are OK, if you can find one that isn't too expensive, or trashed.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 03/01/15.
RGK #9647048 03/01/15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When choosing a .22 LR handgun consider an autoloader instead for these reasons.

The autoloading pistol is easier to shoot and carry well and easier to aim well.

A autoloader can be carried in the field in my back pocket butt down, shirt out and be concealed and comfortable to carry. I carry mine chamber empty.

The autoloading 22 can be aimed with your other hand reaching under it's barrel to steady it. We can't do this with revolvers!

[Linked Image]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I feel like a pariah because my choice would be a Bearcat.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by RGK
I don't think you can beat a K22 in any version. This one hasn't been fired yet.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Those things were meant to be shot! Choot it! grin

[Linked Image]

Mine just LUVS CCI Blazer...

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Either my 6" K-22 masterpiece or my 6" Colt Diamondback.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Savage_99
When choosing a .22 LR handgun consider an autoloader instead for these reasons.

The autoloading pistol is easier to shoot and carry well and easier to aim well.

A autoloader can be carried in the field in my back pocket butt down, shirt out and be concealed and comfortable to carry. I carry mine chamber empty.

The autoloading 22 can be aimed with your other hand reaching under it's barrel to steady it. We can't do this with revolvers!

[Linked Image]

This is some of the dumbest schit i've ever read, even from Dumb Don, and THAT's saying something.

I suggest Don carry that 22 auto with the muzzle taped in his ear with a round in the chamber and and a stick wedged in the trigger guard

Ps. Someone quote me so he can see it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

JJHACK #9649734 03/02/15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is truly stupid. Even if what the idiot does what he says with an autoloader, the same could be done with a revolver.

DumbassDon has taken his stupidity to new "heights". Unbelievable.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

[Linked Image]

I am at a loss. What do I do? I have over a dozen .22 Autoloaders. I need a drink to ponder this dilemma.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sometimes ya gotta hit the slow pitch out of the park...

A autoloader can be carried in the field in my back pocket butt down, shirt out and be concealed and...can't do this with revolvers!...

[Linked Image]

JJHACK #9650574 03/02/15
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

[Linked Image]

I was going to PM you in private and tell you what a dumb ass you were for posting this, but for some reason you have me on ignore. I made 137 posts since 1/10/15 I must have hurt your feelings along the way apparently. So I will just post here you are a dumb ass.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

<sigh>

first, the revo can be carried with different types of ammo. Say snake shot in the first chamber, and high velocity hollow points in the rest. The auto frequently won't function correctly with the snake shot, or with subsonic loads. The revo won't care.

The revo does not litter the landscape with empties when you shoot it, which can be an issue sometimes.

I don't know of any instructor who suggests a grip as you suggest. If you want a rest under the barrel, use a fence post, a mono pod, or something similar.

And I do have three .22 autos. Neither the Browning Medalist, nor the High Standard victor are especially easy to carry. The little Ruger .22 SRP is the one exception, but it's a casual plinker, not a target gun.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

JJHACK #9651097 03/02/15
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Worlds best 22 revolver?

Korth. And you're in luck - there's one on gunbroker right now for the tidy sum of about 10k.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=470223572

JJHACK #9652698 03/03/15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Korth exists to demonstrate to everyone that fools really are born every day.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by alukban
I ended up with RJM's 34/35 last year smile

It may not be "the best" by any objective measure but all I know is that it hits a 4" plate at 25y in DA standing like you were throwing magnets at a refrigerator.

There is something about the sight radius of a 6" barrel on a TINY steel I-frame - ridiculously handy but practical field accuracy aplenty!

[Linked Image]

...yea it was lust at first trigger pull wasn't it.... laugh

I figured if I didn't sell it to you I simply would have disappeared...and you would have ended up with it anyway.

The S&W Model 53 .22 Jet is a one hell of a machine... But the round from a 6" revolver isn't all it's cracked up to be. Factory Jet ammo is hard to find and expensive when you do. Also the only loads now available are loaded with the Hornady .222 Jet bullets that are not as accurate as the original Remington 40 grain soft points. Velocity is only in the 1700 fps range and that is only a little faster than a .22 Magnum from a 6" barrel.

Put about 1000 rounds of Jet through mine and ended up having to find a new barrel. The forcing cone looked like a funnel and there was a loose spot in the barrel about 1" in front of the forcing cone. Jets are not only hard on the barrel but one round without hearing protection can cause permanent tinnitus...the frequency of the blast has to be experienced to be appreciated.

It is too bad Smith never made a 6" 651 .22 Magnum with an extra Long Rifle cylinder..that would have been a nice "Outdoorsman's Gun"...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Korth exists to demonstrate to everyone that fools really are born every day.

I bought a Korth about 18 years ago for $1000.00. It is now worth close to $10,000.00. I wish I had been foolish more often.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (12344mag, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,969 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.