Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You guys are pretty convincing and I'm up to date on my shots so I'll hook up the R POD and head that way.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Outstanding!

I had to Google R POD. Those are cool trailers!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Yeah.... once you let the coonasses in, where can you draw a line ? grin

Hey! I resemble that, and those are almost fighten words.

I challenge you to a duel!!!

grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
A duel? COOL! That tops last year's entertainment!

We have to get a good guitarist to play a theme song from a spaghetti western. Maybe "The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly"? grin

Randy, you challenged Gene, that means he gets choice of weapons! shocked

Sledgehammers in 5' of water? Railroad ties in deep sand? Deep fryers at 30 paces? laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Outstanding!

I had to Google R POD. Those are cool trailers!

Ed

Me too. They are neat, but for me would have to go with the Casa brand. Think they are made down in Huntsville, right off of I-45 I see them. Seems as I was going too attach an address I have forgotten the real name of this little trailer. All I know is I see the manufacturing site when going down I 45 about 1/2 the way to Houston.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Casita

http://casitatraveltrailers.com/

Just a place to put your head at night, the small one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I looked at the Casita hard before making this decision. It wasn't an easy one. One of the big difference makers is there is a local dealer for the R POD.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Um hea all just how far is this gathering place from TX , AR . OK line ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I looked at the Casita hard before making this decision. It wasn't an easy one. One of the big difference makers is there is a local dealer for the R POD.

When you get there would like a tour if we have time. Ed keeps us busy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton

I don't know. Gilmer, Tx. Look that up on mapping software.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A

It's about 90 miles from Texarkana to our place. It takes me about 1.5 hours just loafing along. Less if I drive as I usually do. grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj
When you get there would like a tour if we have time. Ed keeps us busy.

Yup, that's me, the old slavedriver! grin LIft that barge, tote that bale, get me a drink, put those targets up, cook that food! grin

Ed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Really ED did all the work.
All set up when I found his house.
I just sat around. That's where the busy came in.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My door is generally open so you're welcome to step in.

Will the trailers and campers be set up at the site or do they need to be at an rv park?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

It's about 90 miles from Texarkana to our place. It takes me about 1.5 hours just loafing along. Less if I drive as I usually do. grin

Ed
Not sure about the future , but this is the closest "garthering" I seen yet on my time here. If all is invited? Mrs might be able to come with if that's ok ? Hotels in the area or tent it ? we don't have a camper at this time

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A duel? COOL! That tops last year's entertainment!

We have to get a good guitarist to play a theme song from a spaghetti western. Maybe "The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly"? grin

Randy, you challenged Gene, that means he gets choice of weapons! shocked

Sledgehammers in 5' of water? Railroad ties in deep sand? Deep fryers at 30 paces? laugh

Ed

Ed, your thinking wrong... Since CD4570 and I are 'Refined Gentlemen', I feel sure that the choice of weapons could only be appreciated by 'men of our caliber'.

whistle grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
My door is generally open so you're welcome to step in.

Will the trailers and campers be set up at the site or do they need to be at an rv park?

There are a number of places to set up a trailer/camper at our place and not be jammed in, side-by-side. We looked like an RV park last year. grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Not sure about the future , but this is the closest "garthering" I seen yet on my time here. If all is invited? Mrs might be able to come with if that's ok ? Hotels in the area or tent it ? we don't have a camper at this time

Absolutely bring the Missus! My bride's feelings would be hurt if other ladies didn't come and we SURE don't want to hurt her feelings! eek laugh

There were a number of the "fairer sex" at last year's Gathering and all seemed to enjoy themselves.

There are hotels in Gilmer, roughly 15 miles from our place, but there are also plenty of tent spots here. Your choice. Hopefully, this year won't be cold and raining like last year. Of course, we're hosting this thing three weeks later in the year this time. grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Ed, your thinking wrong... Since CD4570 and I are 'Refined Gentlemen', I feel sure that the choice of weapons could only be appreciated by 'men of our caliber'. whistle grin

WHEW! "Refined Gentlemen"? I'm glad I'm wearing boots! I think I'll go put on my hip waders... eek laugh

Ed

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Absolutely bring the Missus! My bride's feelings would be hurt if other ladies didn't come and we SURE don't want to hurt her feelings! eek laugh

There were a number of the "fairer sex" at last year's Gathering and all seemed to enjoy themselves.

There are hotels in Gilmer, roughly 15 miles from our place, but there are also plenty of tent spots here. Your choice. Hopefully, this year won't be cold and raining like last year. Of course, we're hosting this thing three weeks later in the year this time. grin

Ed
Thank you sir I'll keep in touch

Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (35, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 41rem, 15 invisible), 1,287 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,459
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.