Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]
How come you don't lip em like them guys in the Bass show's, it sure makes em look bigger when you hold em out at arms length.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fishing report LOTW: I fished alone today (Sunday, 3-1-15)out of the Angle, off Oak Island. Had incredible good luck! Got a late start at 4 pm, ended up with 4 eyes in the 18" range, 4 eatin size saugers, but, despite poor catches of 'slot' fish, caught 3, 25", 25" and a 26"! Yeeee Hawwwww! Around 5 pm or so I could barely keep up with the bites, used a Gemin eye with a rainbow minnow. It would get to 24' and a fish would take it immediately.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's a damn good report.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That sounds like darn good fishing. The south side has been much slower that most years with an occasional good day tossed in.
I'm just about finished with a little 6'x12' hard side portable. I may have to hook it behind the widetrak and take a little trip north.
Are you in MN or Canadian waters?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan

[Linked Image]
How come you don't lip em like them guys in the Bass show's, it sure makes em look bigger when you hold em out at arms length.

I've heard of more than one southern bass fisherman that has made the mistake of trying to "lip" a northern pike. Clamp and shake = one nasty cut up hand that will be painful all the way through the healing process.

Great pics ND and WB! I don't know when we'll get up there next. Sure would like to hear of the south side bite picking up soon.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=White_Bear
Are you in MN or Canadian waters? [/quote]

MN. Just south of Oak island in 26'. I couldn't go today, but maybe tomorrow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They will poke a hole clean through a thumbnail before you can say "ouch".

I don't need to learn by experience there as I have seen it before.

That said, I would have stuffed all of my fingers down a 20# water wolf's mouth just to land the kids first fish. Maybe not the second one though so I'm glad this was a baby one. smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right after I got married,I took the wife out on leech,where my BIL had a dozen or so spear houses to rent.
he let us sit in the one that had the muskie coming in every day.
he came in about a foot under the ice.
probably about 30 lbs.
the wife noticed laugh

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Awesome pic of the youngun Whitebear. Reminds me of me at that age.

And on the lipping Northerns, last summer I caught an 18lber. My hands looked like hamburger after I wrestled the big bugger in the boat. I didn't know that they had teeth on their gill rakers, tongue, and apparently on top of their teeth! I just discovered fishing for Northerns in the last 3 years or so and love it, I've even got pretty good at filleting them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I think "Northern Pike" is Indian for "Teeth with Fins"

smile

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by fluffy
Right after I got married,I took the wife out on leech,where my BIL had a dozen or so spear houses to rent.
he let us sit in the one that had the muskie coming in every day.
he came in about a foot under the ice.
probably about 30 lbs.
the wife noticed laugh

What a polite way to say your wife chit her pants Fluffy!

laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TheKid

And on the lipping Northerns, last summer I caught an 18lber. My hands looked like hamburger after I wrestled the big bugger in the boat. I didn't know that they had teeth on their gill rakers, tongue, and apparently on top of their teeth! I just discovered fishing for Northerns in the last 3 years or so and love it, I've even got pretty good at filleting them.

It sounds like they're getting good at filleting you as well. grin

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by TheKid

It sounds like they're getting good at filleting you as well. grin

Ha! We've all learned from experience that you just keep your damn hands/fingers away from a northerns mouth. A long needle nose is your friend!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

354 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 348srfun, 219DW, 17CalFan, 303savage, 42 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,127
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.