Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
You just love yourself, don't you.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I see the whiskey is flowing. I have a nice cup of black velvet carmel tonight.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The lie is that green tip will blow through a vest out of an AR handgun and plain old M193 won't. They both should go right through most SBA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yup

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The list of Azzes around this place grows by the day sometimes. Full moon and the kooks are out...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
The list of Azzes around this place grows by the day sometimes. Full moon and the kooks are out...

^^^^ This!

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
764fartnozzle is full of himself again I see.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by mudstud

^^^^ This!

Actually fellas this isn't technically true, as there is no "growth" there... this is none other than our old friend who won't go away, Larry Root. (da poooo-say)

Still wish Bricktop coulda whooped him when he had the chance.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Amid all the (typical) name calling there was no apparent knowledge of the internet lie.

BTW efw, Bricktop never had the chance to give me a whupping (the word you were grasping for) because while has never been anywhere near either of my homes, I drive by his shack twice a year. While he knows that, I have yet to see a sign out front saying: Larry Root, come in so I can whup you."

He is just another clone of the tough guy wannabes that this site has a few of.

Ironic that there is so much hate for a few by a few, but the haters just cannot put the hated on ignore and, in fact, ignore the hated. Guess it helps your post count.

Glad I bought all 5.56 when it was <$350/1000.

best to all of you and yours, Larry Root (my real name)

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really dislike our Republicans not getting the credit they deserve.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=37785

Statement on Signing the Bill To Regulate Armor-Piercing Ammunition
August 28, 1986

It is a pleasure to be able to sign into law H.R. 3132 to ban the production or importation of the so-called cop-killer bullets, which pose an unreasonable threat to law enforcement officers who use soft body armor. This bill, similar to legislation jointly submitted to the Congress by the Departments of Justice and the Treasury in 1984, recognizes that certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

During the 61/2 years that I have served as President, I have sought to strengthen law enforcement in this nation and to do everything possible to protect the lives and safety of the dedicated men and women who constitute our first line of defense against the forces of lawlessness. I am pleased, therefore, to sign H.R. 3132 to ban armor-piercing ammunition as this legislation has long had the strong endorsement of our outstanding law enforcement organizations, including the International Association of Chiefs of Police, National Sheriffs Association, Fraternal Order of Police, International Brotherhood of Police Officers, Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, National Association of Police Organizations, National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, National Black Police Association, National Troopers Coalition, International Union of Police Associations, Police Executive Research Forum, Police Foundation, Police Management Associations, and the Major City Chiefs.

In signing this bill, I want to urge those States and localities that have not acquired body armor for their law enforcement officers to obtain such lifesaving equipment for their officers. The use of soft body armor is credited with saving the lives of more than 600 officers since it was first introduced in the 1970's. An even more important message is the one I have for law enforcement officers: If you have access to soft body armor, please use it. Your lives and safety are too important to risk needlessly. The fabric used in modern soft body armor is truly a miracle fiber, but it is useless if left in the dressing room locker or the trunk of a squad car.

In signing H.R. 3132, I am giving our law enforcement officers my pledge to do everything possible to eliminate the hazard posed by armor-piercing ammunition. Those officers who in the past may have used the threat of armor-piercing bullets as a justification for failing to wear soft body armor should no longer have that excuse. We are doing our best at the Federal level to enhance the safety of police officers but must have the cooperation of the officers themselves to secure the full benefits of this important legislative action.

Note: H.R. $132, approved August 28, was assigned Public Law No. 99-408.
Citation: Ronald Reagan: "Statement on Signing the Bill To Regulate Armor-Piercing Ammunition ," August 28, 1986. Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=37785.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Dang 2 posts in a row that have contain nothing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 7x64FN
Amid all the (typical) name calling there was no apparent knowledge of the internet lie.

BTW efw, Bricktop never had the chance to give me a whupping (the word you were grasping for) because while has never been anywhere near either of my homes, I drive by his shack twice a year. While he knows that, I have yet to see a sign out front saying: Larry Root, come in so I can whup you."

He is just another clone of the tough guy wannabes that this site has a few of.

Ironic that there is so much hate for a few by a few, but the haters just cannot put the hated on ignore and, in fact, ignore the hated. Guess it helps your post count.

Glad I bought all 5.56 when it was <$350/1000.

best to all of you and yours, Larry Root (my real name)

I thought a felon could not own a gun?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Jimmy, you are treading very close to the edge. Google slander and libel and the remedies available to a plaintiff in the Peach state.

I don't believe there was any mention of gun ownership, guess you missed that.

best to you and yours, Larry Root (my real name)

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
can we call you a retard?

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jimmy, you are treading very close to the edge. Google slander and libel and the remedies available to a plaintiff in the Peach state.

Are you really threatening you fake legal actions, AGAIN?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dang 2 posts in a row that have contain nothing.
I noticed that too.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
What is he even babbling about now? Larry I really did not know who you even were a few weeks ago and now I still don't know. You throw a meaningless post up or comment on a thread and then wander off when someone usually counters your point.

As mentioned by someone above, yes it was a Rep that signed the bill but it was a waste of paper at the time and still is today. The premise of stopping AP rounds out of pistols was intended for the infamous "teflon coated" KTW round and the THV that were being or were going to be imported. At that point nobody was thinking of a 5.56 pistol. It was a classic case of cart before the horse, I dont believe a peace officer was ever killed by a specific AP designed round from a pistol but plenty have been killed by lots of things punching through their vest. A simple .17 HMR will go a lot deeper in kevlar than a lot of people would like to believe.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Are you really threatening you fake legal actions, AGAIN?

you know what i noticed at the papers? those that came in screaming they were gonna sue us for slander(they ment libel, just didnt even know what law they were gonna use....DUI charges were the big one people screamed this over) were the ones pissed we found out and printed the truth.....if we phugged up somewhere, rare but usually happened cause someone in the courts had the official info wrong, they didnt come in threatening a libel suit, they just wanted a prominent correction....

guessing the same applies here, if its true it aint libelous...and imagine Larry is screaming bout it cause the info is true, he just doesnt want it out there

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Jimmy did not accuse anybody of anything. he made a simple statement about what he thought.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.