Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One day I will find a 2002-2006 Chevy/GMC 2500 with the 8.1 liter in it with Allison transmission which I think was std starting in 04 with the 8.1.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am a general manager of a Nissan store in upsate ny, what I would tell you regarding Frontier to Tacoma, is that reasale is virtually the same. Before all the Toyota Koolaid drinkers jump on me, follow me. A 2015 crew cab sv 4x4 Frontier is bought for a real world price of $27000, and a crew cab Tacoma with the same options in a v6 will cost you 33500-34000. 6 years from now with an assumption of both trucks having 150,000 miles, the Tacoma is worth 12-13000 on the street and the Frontier is worth 8000-10000, both are uber dependable trucks, so it really depends on what YOUR preference is and which seat your ass fits better in. But all the talk of the resale being better is a myth when you take into consideration the Tacomas upfront cost of 5000-6000 more dollars.

guns to me are like legal crack
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure you are going to be able to get any personal pics at the dealer meeting in Dallas of the new Titan, I am going also, but my itinerary says no electronic devices allowed at the conference?

guns to me are like legal crack
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
One day I will find a 2002-2006 Chevy/GMC 2500 with the 8.1 liter in it with Allison transmission which I think was std starting in 04 with the 8.1.

That's a great body style. That engine is used in big U-hauls and is first choice for big motorhomes buddy. Go for it, you'll be feeding that big block sob though!! sick eek

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that 496 is one hell of a motor they said GMC/Chevy discontinued because it was eating into their Diesel sales at that time. They said it would pull with any of the diesels at the time. Now days with diesels out of the big 3 pushing well over 800 ft lbs of torque the 8.1 is clearly lagging behind now.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Saw an 8.1 with Allison for sale here. You willing to come to Montana for one? mtmuley

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 303savage
I am a general manager of a Nissan store in upsate ny, what I would tell you regarding Frontier to Tacoma, is that reasale is virtually the same. Before all the Toyota Koolaid drinkers jump on me, follow me. A 2015 crew cab sv 4x4 Frontier is bought for a real world price of $27000, and a crew cab Tacoma with the same options in a v6 will cost you 33500-34000. 6 years from now with an assumption of both trucks having 150,000 miles, the Tacoma is worth 12-13000 on the street and the Frontier is worth 8000-10000, both are uber dependable trucks, so it really depends on what YOUR preference is and which seat your ass fits better in. But all the talk of the resale being better is a myth when you take into consideration the Tacomas upfront cost of 5000-6000 more dollars.

I would expect nothing less from a general manager at a Nissan store. WTF would you say that the Nissan is inferior(It IS) and has less resale value (which it does). Toyota dealers don't have to discount or discount a Toyota truck very little. Why do you think that is ???? Its because they are in demand.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 05/23/15.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by 303savage
Not sure you are going to be able to get any personal pics at the dealer meeting in Dallas of the new Titan, I am going also, but my itinerary says no electronic devices allowed at the conference?

Yep you are correct. I just opened mine as well. I fly in Tuesday morning as we ( Nissan Corporate) have meetings Wed and Thursday morning. Oh well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still think that the Tacoma hardware outlasts the Frontier hardware, but truth be told, it's a lot closer than it used to be. I loved my 97 Taco, but I'm lukewarm at best about my 2009. I'd love to see a four-banger diesel in the Frontier that gets 35 MPG plus. That would be the schitz for putting around the back country without having to run into town for fuel.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtmuley
Saw an 8.1 with Allison for sale here. You willing to come to Montana for one? mtmuley

Unfortunately I'm in Kuwait right now. Wont be back until Oct-Nov. How much were they wanting?

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I just bought a '15 Titan, and love the heck out of it so far.

Trucks, like rifles, are a personal thing. If you just wanna hate a brand, you'll be more than capable of finding reasons to do so.

And, pick a brand, someone hates it. Guaranteed. Every brand, domestic or foreign, there are people who will foam at the mouth to tell you all that's wrong with any given truck. It's just how the world turns! smile

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by tddeangelo

Trucks, like rifles, are a personal thing. If you just wanna hate a brand, you'll be more than capable of finding reasons to do so.

And, pick a brand, someone hates it. Guaranteed. Every brand, domestic or foreign, there are people who will foam at the mouth to tell you all that's wrong with any given truck. It's just how the world turns! smile

Or maybe someone drove 1/2 dozen of Nissan and Toyota trucks, knows people who also own both and decided that the Toyota was a better truck. I have much more confidence in my ability to ascertain whether something is well built then any info gleaned from the interweb.

Out of all the trucks built right now you could not give me a GMC/Silverado truck new production.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by tddeangelo

Or maybe someone drove 1/2 dozen of Nissan and Toyota trucks, knows people who also own both and decided that the Toyota was a better truck. I have much more confidence in my ability to ascertain whether something is well built then any info gleaned from the interweb.

Out of all the trucks built right now you could not give me a GMC/Silverado truck new production.

I agree....that was kind of my point. Everyone has to make their own decision. If someone set out to buy a truck that no one on the web would bash, they'd spin around in circles till they fell over.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

591 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 2500HD, 160user, 22250rem, 62 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,279
Posts18,448,505
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.