Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I need a million dollars. Now. That is amazing.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by badger
Call me a philistine if you will, but I didn't drool.

Sure, some nice works of art there, and I can appreciate the work that went into creating them, I also appreciate their history. To me, a rifle or handgun is a tool to be used, not something to display for its beauty. I would have no business owning any of these fine pieces, because I couldn't bring myself to use them in the field.

But, it's nice to know they are out there smile

I"m with ya. I keep looking at nice wood on guns, and thinking... and then realize, it'll never leave the safe so forget it, another McMillan on the way...

They are not works of art for me. Heck I don't even get woudn up if i find a tad of exterior dirt/rust on em.

As long as they work and are accurate I"m good with em.

But that was a good link and nice to see stuff like that around.

FWIW I have one of the bazillion collectable 30-30s made thats not worth more than I paid for it in the 70s.... legendary lawman I think mine is. Its never been fired. Scared to shoot or use it... loose value and all we were told...
I really have been trying to make myself take it out and shoot the hell out of it. Probably will succeed one day too.

They always say the first scratch hurts worst....

And being that I have a civil war musket with a bite mark from a javelina on the stock, I guess I"m ok with scratches...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a collection. When everyday firearms were works of art as well as tools. Makes me sad to see the cheap, plastic crap that embodies todays firearms. I guess that's why I drag a cooper through the woods these days.

Will they list what they sold for? I'd be interested to see how much they bring.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd rather have Corbett's 450/400.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
What a collection. When everyday firearms were works of art as well as tools. Makes me sad to see the cheap, plastic crap that embodies todays firearms. I guess that's why I drag a cooper through the woods these days.

Will they list what they sold for? I'd be interested to see how much they bring.

times change and the use of arms has changed in a way. one could argue that pickup trucks are now the status symbol to some that elaborate firearms were long ago. I'm curious as to what they would bring as well, just because.

I have zero interest in guns like that myself. my old 30-30 is a record of miles in a scabbard, gun rack on a ranch pickup and countless scratches from many a hunt. same for my .243. worth little by bluebook standards I guess, but I could care less. I'll never sell em. fancy guns are nice to look at, but why have something expensive that requires maintenance that I don't/ wouldn't use. JMO

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

times change and the use of arms has changed in a way. one could argue that pickup trucks are now the status symbol to some that elaborate firearms were long ago. I'm curious as to what they would bring as well, just because.

I have zero interest in guns like that myself. my old 30-30 is a record of miles in a scabbard, gun rack on a ranch pickup and countless scratches from many a hunt. same for my .243. worth little by bluebook standards I guess, but I could care less. I'll never sell em. fancy guns are nice to look at, but why have something expensive that requires maintenance that I don't/ wouldn't use. JMO

There's just something very romantic about a Winchester 94 with honest wear. It's what they were created for, its what everyone should use them for, and it's just right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mine is a marlin 336. first gun i bought when I turned 18. shot my first elk with it too!

guess I should trade it for an old 94 smile J/K

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by badger
Call me a philistine if you will, but I didn't drool.

Sure, some nice works of art there, and I can appreciate the work that went into creating them, I also appreciate their history. To me, a rifle or handgun is a tool to be used, not something to display for its beauty. I would have no business owning any of these fine pieces, because I couldn't bring myself to use them in the field.

But, it's nice to know they are out there smile

Life is too short to hunt/shoot with tools...

[Linked Image]

Actually, those Diamond brand adjustable wrenches are quite collectable. But I agree with your point.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All wenches are adjustable. Wait, you said wrenches...my bad, sorry.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
did you guys go 3/4 of the way down that page and look at those 1909-1910 winchester motorcycles? i didn't know they made them.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Will, give me a time machine and sign my azz up.

[Linked Image]

She's turned into a classic non-collectable, but I remember the good ol' daze.

DD

This is more what I expected the thread to be about, given the title and OP. Except with less clothing and more T&A. Alas, it's only about some old guy's guns. Meh.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
All wenches are adjustable. Wait, you said wrenches...my bad, sorry.

What's the proper procedure for adjusting a Warn?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I consider myself a practical person and my guns reflect that. My only collectible is an English double muzzle loader shotgun that hangs over the fireplace.

However I can easily imagine holding the Corbett rifle and feeling its history in my hands. I really enjoy Shrapnel's posts of hunting with his vintage rifles and understand the attraction at a visceral level.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
USE???? This an original Sharps
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It gets USED!!! Like having a gorgeous girlfriend or wife-YA SCREW THEM!!! I'd use every single boomer Elmer had.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 26 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,619
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.