Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sea fire,

I noticed that little girl a few posts back with the fly rod in her hand? Is this just a hunting thing or could she maybe use some fly gear?

GB1

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
PM her dad... I am sure he's open to receiving some fishing gear for her also..

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Thank you Seafire, I'll do that, but would be happy to help in the general sense as well...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 01/09/15.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good evening Gentlemen....

I have tried to line up the donations received with who sent them, to let them know it has been received...

however two problems have been presented...

1. Many folks desire to remain anonymous

2. People didn't exactly list their handles from the campfire...

so what I am going to do is list what has been received by me... leaving out first names and the donation... will list last names and towns the post mark or return address was listed on the envelope...so if yours was missed, please bear with me... I think it is a common courtesy that each folks is notified that their donation or gift has been received....some of you have been notified as I was able to line up your name with your handle... some not...

so here goes...

1. Fleming.. Plattsmouth Neb
2. Lengkeek, Douglas WY
3. Custer, Dayton VA
4. "Dave" postmarked Rochester NY
5. Yeager Littlestown, PA
6. Hager, Richland WA
7. Cross Timbers Management Services, Edmond OK
8. Swanson, Camas WA
9. Walker, Quemado NM
10. Boenker, Floresville TX
11. Lyle, Edmond OK
12. Mischke, Fairfield OH
13. Custer, Dayton VA, 2nd one
14. Townley, Vashon WA
15. Roberts, Lincoln NE, both an envelope and a box..
16. Glandon, Loveland OH
17. Cea, East Quegue NY
18. Whisler, Hutchinson KS
19. Parson, Dunedin FL
20. Doty, Proctor VT....
21. Shrawder, New Wilmington PA

There has been a few others... that have been notified via PM..

two more donations showed up in today's mail...and the big part of these was received AFTER Christmas and some after the 1st of January....

if any questions or you don't see your name here, let me know via PM...

I want to thank each and every one of you that has made this all possible...two firearms are on the way now, and the others are coming...

we have a 257 Roberts in a Ruger 77 going to Lolo Montana and a Model 70 in 30/06 going to Toccoa GA...

will be notifying the other donors of firearms with the appropriate FFL contact info later this coming week...

thanks for everyone's patience with this...to get it done before Christmas, if we are going to do this again, we'll have to get started substantially before Christmas, vs this time...

hopefully the recipients will post some pics once there goodies are received and set up by Dad the way they are desired to be...

Last edited by Seafire; 01/11/15.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the update. I appreciate your hard work in organizing this. God bless you.

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thank you, but it is more a labor of love than anything else...

it is both a privilege and blessing to be able to do this stuff..

minus our veterans, what better cause can there be...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Seafire-This project kinda went awesome great. My personal thanks to you and much appreciation to all donors of gifts and cash. Thank you again.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Seafire-This project kinda went awesome great. My personal thanks to you and much appreciation to all donors of gifts and cash. Thank you again.

Thanks, but no thanks needed for helping out Santa here this year...a young 12 year old is looking forward to having his very own "first rifle".. which should be at his Dad's FFL in a day or two...how much better reward than his excitement does one need in return? If only everything we did in life felt this good.

Thanks for getting this whole thing started...

best regards
seafire

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
While many of our donors desired to remain anonymous, I did get notification, after taking them up on their offer...

But Vortex Optics is donating TWO requested ( by a pair of youth's parents) 2 x 7 Crossfire Scopes with the BDC reticles...

A very big appreciative THANK YOU to VORTEX for this generous donation and support of the Campfire, and our Mickey Colemen Memorial Youth Christmas Project...

One will be sitting pretty on top of a Ruger American Youth chambered in 243, with a Muddy Girl Camo Stock on it, which will light up the eyes of a young lady in Indiana, and give her something she will be very proud of.

The second will be sitting proudly on top of a Ruger Hawkeye in 257 Roberts for a 12 year old boy in Lolo Montana.

Thanks Vortex, and the next time you boys are looking for a new scope to put on top a new rifle.. or even an old favorite, remember the generosity of Vortex and give them a look see....

best regards
seafire

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thanks to all of you.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
add;

22. Cooper, Machesney Park IL.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Kirtus has reiceved his gun, scope, and sling. We purchased rings and mounted the scope. I was only able to find one type ammo which was Remington. We hit the range today with a 22 to start with then on to Kirtus' 30/06. I sighted in the 30/06 and then we shot the 22. Kirtus shot the 30/06 and did very well. Thanks to everyone for bringing this all together. The range was crowded and we did not take time to make pictures but Kirtus did make a picture of his rifle and target. I will post better photos of Kirtus and his gun in the next few days.

[Linked Image]
photo hosting sites

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Congratulations to Kirtus!!!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well done Kirtus, nice shooting. Congratulations.

Swifty
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Congrats to Kirtus! Looks like a dandy set-up ready for anything!

Just great stuff guys!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gunnar has received all of his items. The rifle is a Ruger Hawkeye in .257 Roberts, with a 2-7 Vortex Crossfire scope, buck knife, sling, Leupold binoculars, and a caping knife.

Brass and ammunition was also sent from two other members, and this is a huge help, as we all can guess how often one encounters factory ammo for this rifle!

Here he is with the rifle and scope mounted.

[Linked Image]

We took it to the range, but were only able to get it sighted in, and the weather (rain) pushed us off the range. It is shooting well, but will require some fine tuning.

A HUGE Thank You to all those who donated this year. Gunnar has his very own rifle, and is super excited to put it to use.

It is very rewarding to be a part of such a great community of hunters and shooters that make up this site. A special thank you to Seafire, and the network of great individuals that stepped forward to make this happen. When it all started, I had no idea how much generosity would soak thorough this thread and into the hearts of my son and I. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Handsome young man with a great rifle. Best wishes for lots of great hunting.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks MissouriEd! It has already been an incredible experience, setting this rifle up, shooting at the range, the excitement, and enjoyment of watching another hunter, my oldest son, start his relationship with his first real hunting rifle... incredible!

The rifle shows a lot of promise with factory ammunition. I can't wait to see what it will do with hand-loads!

Regards,

Matt

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well i was hoping to get a picture of Danielle shooting her new rifle but not sure when thats going to be as it seems winter just wont let go.
So i just snapped a quick picture of her with it instead.
The rifle was totally of her choosing in color and make as the Ruger American just seemed to fit her perfectly.
I chose the cartridge, if all goes well Indiana will be allowing centerfire rifles for deer this coming fall.....about time we caught up to the rest of the country.
it is chambered in .243 winchester and has a new vortex 2x7 sitting on top, feels very nice and she is chomping at the bit to go shooting.
Anyway Danielle and I want to thank every person who donated to this fund for these kids so they could get involved in a sport of which I and many others have a passion.
sorry this took so long but it seems we cant get a break weatherwise to go shooting.
Im hoping that she kills her first deer here this fall with this combination.
once again thank you all.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love it when a good plan comes together. Thanks to all that participated, and wishing all the best, to the well deserving youngsters.

Sam......

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 43 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,398
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.