Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The White House claim that the ammunition for the popular AR-15 rifle should be banned as part of a “common sense” effort to protect police officers’ lives is being derided by police officers themselves as a shameful lie.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said this week that the .223-caliber M855 ball should be banned because it can penetrate an officer’s soft armor and can be fired not just from sporting rifles but “easily concealable weapons.”

The term “easily concealable” was used to describe the AR-15 handgun. A bulky 6 pounds and 25 inches long, the semi-automatic version of this weapon, with a magazine, would be difficult to conceal, say firearms experts. And it would likely not be the first choice of any street thug or gang member, as it retails for between $1,000 and $2,000.

In fact, gun-rights advocates and law enforcement agencies contacted by WND say they have been unable to document a single incident in which a police officer has been taken down by a criminal using an AR-15 handgun in the 20 years since this particular round, the M855 ball, has been exempted from the federal ban on armor-piercing bullets. It was exempted based on its use for sporting purposes.

“We have not been able to find a single instance where a police officer has been shot from this type of handgun using a bullet that pierces his soft-body armor, and if the administration had any examples you know they would be pushing it in everybody’s face to further their executive action,” said Alan Gottlieb, executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation. “We’ve scoured everywhere, gone into every source possible to try to find an instance of this and have not been able to find one.”

So Earnest’s comments only further infuriated gun owners who were already seeing red over the possibility of losing access to some of the most common ballistics used for sport-target shooting and hunting.

WND polled several large police agencies, looking for evidence that vest-wearing officers have been killed or seriously wounded by this particular form of ammunition fired from a handgun, only to come up empty.

“Not in my jurisdiction,” said Sheriff David Clarke Jr. of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. “We’re doing a search nationwide to see if there’s any data that exists as proof of this comment coming out of the White House, but so far we haven’t found anything.”

Clarke said he was skeptical that the White House was really concerned about officer safety.

“I’m disgusted that this administration would use the safety and well-being of our nation’s law enforcement officers to accomplish their gun-control agenda by circumventing the Congress and circumventing the Constitution in rewriting this law,” he said. “That’s all this is. They don’t fool me. No fraternal order of police, no sheriff is going to fall for this.”

http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/zero-cops-killed-by-obamas-bad-ammo/#kZX3lVz81jGLM3uD.99

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Watch for a fast and furious moment. They've said it's dangerous, with no instance of it ever being used...soon they'll be cops getting shot with it left, right, and center.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't care much for M855 for what I shoot, and how I shoot.

However, this is just a ploy to gain further gun control, and more than that, it's a test of the waters to see what they can, and can't get away with without proper legislation.

If they get away with banning this, what's next? Ballistic Tips? Hollow points?

Anyone that falls for the "police are in danger" because of this ammo has never seen what a 30-06 does to any body armor police are likely to wear.

Nothing more than liberal gun control. Period.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Aside from expolosive varmint bullets, and maybe even those, I think most 223 will punch through the light vests that cops wear.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It isn't about anything factual. It is about CONTROL!

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by dawggone
It isn't about anything factual. It is about CONTROL!

This. Period. And dont forgot it. and dont forget to tell people this.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by kciH
Aside from expolosive varmint bullets, and maybe even those, I think most 223 will punch through the light vests that cops wear.

True, most if not all are only rated for handgun (true pistol) rounds....the heavy/tactical ones are too heavy to be practical to wear all the time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Zero cops killed by Obama's 'bad' ammo

The enemy isn't concerned about facts.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MckinneyMike
Originally Posted by kciH

True, most if not all are only rated for handgun (true pistol) rounds....the heavy/tactical ones are too heavy to be practical to wear all the time.

My point on the matter is that if they can arbitrarily ban one type of .223 ammo, they can ban them all. Throw in the Encore to make things very interesting. I'm not sure how much good it will do, but I'd make my voice heard on this no matter what you shoot or what you think of the black rifles.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I believe there's an exception for single shot pistols.

With this precedent they can ban all .224, 7.62x39, .308 (M1 carbine and 300BLK pistols) and 6.8/.277 bullets.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Right, but if you can arbitrarily ban ammunition because it will penetrate body armor that is not designed to stop it, what is to stop you from arbitrarily removing the exception? We are living in lawless times, as far as the power structure is concerned. Look at the ACA, it's been arbitrarily changed so many times that you'd be hard pressed to tally the instances. It's federal law, just like the gun laws. I'm not trying to cause a panic, I'm just pointing out the reality we currently live in. If they can just arbitrarily change federal law that effects ever single person in the country, the ACA, do you think they'll blink at arbitrarily changing federal law that only a handful of "right wing extremists" can even technically speak to?

Hell, if you want to kick it up a notch...why not just have a Soros type start a firearms company that produces multi shot handguns in every popular round. No one has to actually purchase any of them, or use one in a crime, they just need to be available. You could accomplish this with less money than it cost to purchase a low tier congressman.

Last edited by kciH; 03/05/15.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good point. Take a Browning BAR or Rem 742/750, give it a pistol grip and shorten the barrel and sell a couple. Bye bye 243 through 338 bullets.

Or an AR10 pistol for all short action cartridges. That one would probably sell more than a few.

And there aren't many calibers that you can't chamber in a Saiga.

I gotcha.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Take a Bond Arms type derringer and CATALOG it for every round known to man. I could do this in my garage. I suspect you get the idea. It would be a hell of a lot more "concealable" than any iteration of an AR pistol I've witnessed.

Last edited by kciH; 03/06/15.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Don't forget that once the Camel's nose is inside the tent the rest can be "Executive Ordered"

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The White House claim that the ammunition for the popular AR-15 rifle should be banned as part of a “common sense” effort to protect police officers’ lives is being derided by police officers themselves as a shameful lie.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said this week that the .223-caliber M855 ball should be banned because it can penetrate an officer’s soft armor and can be fired not just from sporting rifles but “easily concealable weapons.”

The term “easily concealable” was used to describe the AR-15 handgun. A bulky 6 pounds and 25 inches long, the semi-automatic version of this weapon, with a magazine, would be difficult to conceal, say firearms experts. And it would likely not be the first choice of any street thug or gang member, as it retails for between $1,000 and $2,000.

In fact, gun-rights advocates and law enforcement agencies contacted by WND say they have been unable to document a single incident in which a police officer has been taken down by a criminal using an AR-15 handgun in the 20 years since this particular round, the M855 ball, has been exempted from the federal ban on armor-piercing bullets. It was exempted based on its use for sporting purposes.

“We have not been able to find a single instance where a police officer has been shot from this type of handgun using a bullet that pierces his soft-body armor, and if the administration had any examples you know they would be pushing it in everybody’s face to further their executive action,” said Alan Gottlieb, executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation. “We’ve scoured everywhere, gone into every source possible to try to find an instance of this and have not been able to find one.”

So Earnest’s comments only further infuriated gun owners who were already seeing red over the possibility of losing access to some of the most common ballistics used for sport-target shooting and hunting.

WND polled several large police agencies, looking for evidence that vest-wearing officers have been killed or seriously wounded by this particular form of ammunition fired from a handgun, only to come up empty.

“Not in my jurisdiction,” said Sheriff David Clarke Jr. of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. “We’re doing a search nationwide to see if there’s any data that exists as proof of this comment coming out of the White House, but so far we haven’t found anything.”

Clarke said he was skeptical that the White House was really concerned about officer safety.

“I’m disgusted that this administration would use the safety and well-being of our nation’s law enforcement officers to accomplish their gun-control agenda by circumventing the Congress and circumventing the Constitution in rewriting this law,” he said. “That’s all this is. They don’t fool me. No fraternal order of police, no sheriff is going to fall for this.”

http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/zero-cops-killed-by-obamas-bad-ammo/#kZX3lVz81jGLM3uD.99

That's 'cause even criminals ain't dumb enough to think an AR pistol is a good idea.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reagan supported keeping civilians from having ammunition. Good enough for any Conservative.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did someone step in something?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are or could easily be pistols that shoot every type of rifle ammo. So this argument could be easily used to ban all rifle ammo.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sherp
Reagan supported keeping civilians from having ammunition. Good enough for any Conservative.
There is not much point in listening to you spout lies like this one. Are you ever going to say anything of value?

[Linked Image from ]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 56 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.