Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I live near the border of a neighboring state. An individual (non FFL) in the next state has a shotgun I would like to buy. He won't ship it. How can I complete this transaction? Can I meet him at an ffl in his state and have the ffl do the transfer to me (a non resident of that state) ??? Thanks for any input.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I think you have to receive it at an FFL in your home state. Maybe contact an FFL near him and see if he will ship it for you/him.
If this is wrong, someone will be along to say so, but that's how I understand it.

Keep Smiling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Meet him in a Wal-Mart parking lot, pay him for the tool you are buying from him, put the tool you bought from him in your car...and drive home.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

ATF, FAQ Link

Bottom of the page "unlicensed persons"

Last edited by 700LH; 03/05/15.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
I live near the border of a neighboring state. An individual (non FFL) in the next state has a shotgun I would like to buy. He won't ship it. How can I complete this transaction? Can I meet him at an ffl in his state and have the ffl do the transfer to me (a non resident of that state) ??? Thanks for any input.

Yes. That's the way to keep it legal.

Last edited by shootem; 03/05/15.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
yes, you can complete the transaction at an FFL in the sellers state. Just like buying a long gun from a dealer in that state.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's long gun and a neighboring state. As long as you can legally purchase, you can make a private transaction in person with no check. Both Georgia and Alabama have no background check on private sales.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
It's long gun and a neighboring state. As long as you can legally purchase, you can make a private transaction in person with no check. Both Georgia and Alabama have no background check on private sales.

And is illegal

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH

And is illegal

I got a shotgun, you got cash.

Thank you, come again.( in your best Apoo voice )

Sean
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Meet him in a Wal-Mart parking lot, pay him for the tool you are buying from him, put the tool you bought from him in your car...and drive home.

Never done it.
Or farted, drove above the speed limit OE called my wife a name behind her back.
Simply didn't happen.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oakster
yes, you can complete the transaction at an FFL in the sellers state. Just like buying a long gun from a dealer in that state.

Which is exactly what you're doing as it goes through the dealer's book. Or you can complete the transaction at an FFL in the buyer's state which is dealer buys then sells to you also.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

And is illegal

Do you enjoy looking foolish... and wrong?

Based on current law you may purchase through FFL in buyer's or seller's state.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

And is illegal

i hope you are calling WCC wrong, because gun sales across state lines requires a FFL to be legal

ked

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 03/06/15.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

And is illegal

Yes on Federal law, no on state law, or should I say Yes on some state's laws.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's kind of funny that when I used to go to the Wannamaker gun shows (infrequently) and have asked a dude selling a gun, all I asked him was how it shot and how much he wanted. Don't think I ever asked him where he was from. Never even crossed my mind he could be from out of state. ;-)

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And is illegal

At an FFL yes, but not a "private transaction"
Go read the ATF link provided so you can enjoy feeling foolish.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a violation of both the second and 14th amendments. A federal judge recently ruled that interstate FFL requirement on interstate firearm transactions are unconstitutional.

If I am legally eligible to purchase a firearm, according to the ruling, I should be able to do that in all 50 states. (Equal protection clause).

Buy it and bring it home.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 03/06/15.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It's a violation of both the second and 14th amendments. A federal judge recently ruled that interstate FFL requirement on interstate firearm transactions are unconstitutional.

If I am legally eligible to purchase a firearm, according to the ruling, I should be able to do that in all 50 states. (Equal protection clause).

1+

Still, if it worries him, have him ship it to your FFL. Maybe you can split the cost.

http://cdn.pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/guraop021115.pdf

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin

Yes ,you can use a FFL in another State for a long Gun transfer as long as you do it face to face.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

Dang, but you're on a roll today. Wrong again. The court ruling only struck down the requirement to have a handgun, bought in another state, to be picked up at an FFL in the buyer's own state. So all it did is to authorize you to buy a longgun OR handgun directly from an FFL in another state. It did nothing to change the law making it illegal to buy across state lines from individuals.

Last edited by HilhamHawk; 03/06/15.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,603
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.