-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We do most of our reading here on the net now.

I used to subscribe to Handloader and Rifle and before that Outdoor Life.

This internet is interactive and we can easily participate ourselves and ask questions and show what we did.

We still get the Rifleman and Am. Hunter with the life memberships.

Nobody even gets the 'paper'. There used to be a paperboy now their building is for sale.

TV news and the net wiped them out.

We are all gunwriters now!

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love my hands-on reading material and am not at all comfortable with reading books, magazines, and newspapers on-line.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I love my hands-on reading material and am not at all comfortable with reading books, magazines, and newspapers on-line.

Same here, but may have to accept the change.
Sometime.
Maybe.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yet as of the first half of 2014 printed books still out sold e-books.....but Dumb Don never let facts get in his way smirk ebooks where a whopping 23% of sales....hardcover 25%, 42% paperbacks and 10% to Audiobooks.....not to mention the total books sold in the US hasnt moved a hell of alot in the last 10 years....

Dumb Don cant seem to figure out just cause he does something doesnt mean the rest of us copy him......

Last edited by rattler; 03/07/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Same here, but may have to accept the change.
Sometime.
Maybe.

Just like the fricking metric system and those lightless light bulbs.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I will buy an e-book sometimes if I need it immediately for reference.

Otherwise, no, I will not.

Magazines, I buy fairly often.....but I've noticed prices have gone very high.

I have a lot of real books, probably about 800, and I cherish them.

Troll Slayer--Last Best Hope and Lord and Savior of the unwashed masses.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Where possible, I have pretty much switched new purchases to my Kindle. I still get paper on reference materials such as guns or knives or something along that line as it is easier to skip around and see the whole picture.

Have not moved into the digtal world on magazines for the most part. I still subscrible to a number of magazines. The trade stuff I have shifted to digital versions only as I only browse a bit and often don't read anything in detail.

As far as being experts, well there are experts and then there are experts and everyone has an opinion on subjects they are interested in.

I do however really like the forums for knives and guns and occasionally on other topics. They are more interactive and often more current in terms of pricing and other "news".

I used to cherish books. I still want my reference books in paper. They tend to be fairly permanent in the library. But I have gone to kindle formatted books for general reading (novels and so forth).

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

120 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 338rcm, 7x57Hunter, 15 invisible), 1,014 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,504
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.