Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I have acquired a made in Japan tasco model 629TR. The tr stands for trajectory/rangefinding reticle. It is a 3 x 9 x32. Elevation knob hand adjustable.

It is early 1980s vintage. Much too complicated for this ole farm boy.

Any info ? I have googled it. Does it have any collector value ?

It could be used as a "regular" scope. It has very clear and bright glass.

Any info ???

Thanks.

Tom aka rinkydink

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It has next to no collector value. It can be used as a "regular" scope, and is - in my opinion - better used that way.

For their day, the Japanese Tascos were pretty decent glass.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by rinkydink
I have acquired a made in Japan tasco model 629TR. The tr stands for trajectory/rangefinding reticle. It is a 3 x 9 x32. Elevation knob hand adjustable.

It is early 1980s vintage. Much too complicated for this ole farm boy.

Any info ? I have googled it. Does it have any collector value ?

It could be used as a "regular" scope. It has very clear and bright glass.

Any info ???

Thanks.

Tom aka rinkydink

http://tinypic.com/i4l7pd.jpg

dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They were real decent and sturdy scopes. Now with ilike's link you have a good scope with all the functions.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks Luv2safari. I so not have an application for this scope and was trying to decide on a sales price.

Tom aka rinkydink

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ive got an early 80s Jap Tasco 8x40 scope. Good for its day. Its my spare now and whenever I have a rifle start to shoot crap groups, on goes the Tasco to see if its the scope causing the problem. Invariably the groups go back to where they were supposed to be!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a 4X that I purchased in the early 90's. It always seemed fine to me, but I am smart enough to listen to the facts supplied by my betters about such things and retired it after a few years. A couple of years ago, my hunting partner (who has much more experience with all such things than do I) and I were messing with scopes up in his third-floor gun room, looking out across the fields and comparing them for clarity and sharpness. When he looked through the old Tasco mid-way through the pile, he looked for a long time and then said, "Hmmmm..."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I have a 3x9 Jap made Tasco that I bought back in the mid 80s. It is much better than the current ones made in China. I used to have it mounted on my 30-06 but the eye relief was a little to short. Other than that it is a very good scope. It will never be sought after by collectors though. For years now I have been using it on my .22 RF rifles.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
If you ever see a Tasco World Class "Plus", take a closer look. It is "not" a Walmart special.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, 13 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 707 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.