Print Thread
Hop To
A
Aught6 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Retirement is about 10-12 years out. Might sound far away but time seems to fly lately. My wife and I are looking at some place warm that is American friendly. Lately even Florida is getting snow and living in the north my whole life I'm sick of snow. I was stationed in Panama when in the military and loved it. We are heading to Belize (again) for vacation and it is in my top five possibilities. I haven't gave it much thought until recently and haven't looked into hunting there until recently. It's really nice for vacation and the fishing is great. Just wondered if anyone here has ever hunted Belize or Central America? I know they are a bit restrictive on firearms but if I could bow hunt that wouldn't bother me so much.

Last edited by Aught6; 03/07/15.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's all in who you bribe; how much and how often.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Aught6 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I know Peter Capstick hunted Jaguar there once upon a time. Must be something there to hunt for a lowly old stick and string guy...

A
Aught6 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
So, back in the US of A after a solid week+ in Belize. The fishing is fantastic. Hunting? Well it's a developing country and they don't have a whole lot of regulations. So, the game numbers are a bit of a mystery. I did see both Whitetail and Brockett deer while on other tours with my wife during the day which is unusual. The guides are multi purpose guides as in they do kind of everything ( fishing, Mayan ruin tours, etc) and are very friendly and knowledgable. He told me that hunting is a do whenever you need meat kind of thing as long as you have a permit. Either gun or bow but not many use bows. Also usually done at night from a boat with a light?????? Sounds more like legal poaching but that's how it's done down there. I was also told that there was plenty of deer (small WT and Brockett), peccary, paca(gibnut) that they hunt as well as the occasional croc. The only thing really protected was the Jaguar and other cats from what I gathered. Obviously a good review of the game laws would be needed but it seems to be alright for things to do as far as hunting and without a doubt fishing. Good trip and couldn't beat the wether. Every day was sunny and about 80-85. Only rain was the last day for only an hour as it is dry season.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
that would be awesome.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have been to Belize a couple of times and one trip into the rain forest. Nothing to hunt but Monkey's that i could see. When you left town , you had to go through Military Check Points to get out and back in. They were all carrying US M-4 Carbines , so this is one third world country we are selling weapons to.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 22kHornet, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 32 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,589
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.