Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
She's a real beauty for sure! Hope she performs as good as she looks. My first ever Kimber firearm.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm really liking the night sights ... awesome feature for a carry gun IMO

[Linked Image]

I looked at a lot of .380 pocket pistols and I ultimately chose this Kimber because it just plain feels good in my hands. Fits my hand like a good glove!

[Linked Image]

Can't wait for tomorrow! Weather is nice here & you can bet this baby will get several hundred rounds cycled through her! I'll keep you all posted on its performance on the range.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck! I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Been dry firing it here in house to get a feel for the trigger .... smooth as glass. Great trigger, no doubt. I think the little extra weight to it compared to some of the lighter weight polymers I had looked at will help make it more of a joy to shoot too! At least that's what I'm hoping. Lol!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try the GoldDots and Remington GoldenSabres for carry. Go with either that feeds and shoots best. They will work well.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyBobby

Fits my hand like a good glove!

[Linked Image]

It's a gorgeous gun, and I hope it meets your needs. But, judging by that last picture, I hope you don't have to wear much of a glove where you live.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Cheyenne ~ I hardly ever wear a glove. Work is the only place I sometimes do and that's just on the rare ocassion. Also, I think there's more room inside the trigger guard than that picture leads you to believe. Might just be a bad camera angle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dad is a pretty good natured guy. I've "borrowed" a few of his guns that have taken quite a while to find their way back to him, but when I tried to get my mitts on his recently-acquired Kimber micro, it was an absolute no-go! I got to shoot it the day he bought it (he had to let me, he's not a member of my range) but never since! He loves that thing! And who can blame him? They are sweet guns. Pricey, but hey, it's only your life.

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you carry it daily forever (or at least until the next one comes along!)

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
When it comes down to trusting my life with a single weapon ... or a loved ones life, like my wife or sons life, I wouldn't ever consider the $710 I paid for this handgun as being "too pricey". But hey, that's just me. I figure with its small size I'm more apt to carry it on a regular basis and not leave it behind. I've spent way more on varmint rifles, hunting revolvers, reloading equipment, and even a single riflescope for that matter. This is probably the single most important firearm purchase I've ever made.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When it comes down to trusting my life with a single weapon ... or a loved ones life, like my wife or sons life, I wouldn't ever consider the $710 I paid for this handgun as being "too pricey". But hey, that's just me.

I think my comment might have not come across correctly. When I said "pricey" I didn't mean "too pricey." I just meant that they aren't cheap, but since you are trusting your life to the gun, it's NOT "too pricey."

Sorry for any confusion...

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Waders
When it comes down to trusting my life with a single weapon ... or a loved ones life, like my wife or sons life, I wouldn't ever consider the $710 I paid for this handgun as being "too pricey". But hey, that's just me.

I think my comment might have not come across correctly. When I said "pricey" I didn't mean "too pricey." I just meant that they aren't cheap, but since you are trusting your life to the gun, it's NOT "too pricey."

Sorry for any confusion...

I knew you did not mean anything by it ... just wanted to be clear about it. Carry on!

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice looking pistol. What holster(s) are you using?

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Nice looking pistol. What holster(s) are you using?

Don't have anything yet, considering I just got it yesterday. I'm open to suggestions though! The holster market is a tad overwhelming to me ... too dang many to choose from.

I kind of like the Crossbreed IWB holsters. Not sure really. Debating yet how I want to carry this particular firearm. In pocket, on waist, or even ankle. All very good options.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I saw/handled one at the NRA show last May in Indy.. Sweet little handgun. Congrats on the purchase..

Of the 3 ideas you posted for carry, the very last one to try would be the ankle.. There's a lot of negatives to overcome there..

A .380 can usually be carried very well in a coat pocket or vest.. You're right on there being a rather overwhelming choice of holster-makers for these things.. That alone could be the hardest decision you will make..

Best wishes.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Kimber pistols are nice. I have a 1911 with the four inch barrel. For a pocket pistol I went for the Sig 938 because I prefered a 9mm over the .380. The recoil is similar to shooting a 1911 in .45ACP. Whether a wound from a .380 is any less significant than the 9mm, I couldn't say.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
.... still looking for holster ideas for this particular handgun fellas

I'm considering this gun as my full time carry and feel it needs to be holstered. Is the Crossbreed IWB a good choice you think?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try pocket carry for the little thing.

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/

I've used one of their holster before; they are quite good.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
Try pocket carry for the little thing.

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/

I've used one of their holster before; they are quite good.

Thanks ... I'll definitely give those a look. This little Micro Carry has performed flawlessly through its 1st 300 rounds with no FTF's or FTE's. As far as accuracy, it's truly more capable than I am but I'm working on that. Lol! Next time I shoot I'll try and take some target pics. It's really a joy to shoot! Not like my XD-40 ... that thing will let me know when it's time to quit shooting. BaHaHaHa!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I use one of these on the Glock 42 (380), not sure if they have something that works for your pistola

Stock photos

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, ClipDraws work.

He'd need this one:

http://clipdraw.com/universal-fits-all-handguns/

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I use one of these on the Glock 42 (380), not sure if they have something that works for your pistola

Stock photos

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now that's pretty slick! About perfect for my little pistola.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 71 invisible), 3,007 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.