Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't there a federal law passed after September 11 that allowed active LEOs to carry anywhere?

Not that the law would stop the fascists in places like Chicago and the Peoples Republic of Maryland from doing their "duty".

What fresh Hell is this?
BP-B2

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
If you have a permit from your home state your car is a "safe zone". Loaded concealed gun gun is ok in the car. Step out of the car with it and you're in violation of the law. If you want to lock it in the trunk you need to unload and case the gun before getting out of the car. This is state law and Chicago can't get around it.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RWL99
I'd wear it in a heart-beat...as long as I was NOT carrying a firearm on me. That shirt would tend to catch the eye of a passing Schitcago police officer.

It might provoke a stop and search laugh

[Linked Image]

The very definition of "profiling"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Taking the family to Chitcago for Independence day weekend.. Afternoon game at Wrigley, Art Institute, daughter visiting some skools.. I'm looking forward to the trip.

Rancho, try to get up to see the fireworks at the Great Lakes Naval Station - I'm told (by local friends) they are the best!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yeah, gonna be a fun time..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rancho,

Sherri and I have been to Chicago a few times since the Cancer Treatment Center is near there. Some things that we really enjoyed and you might want to try to include are walking the old Navy Pier which is now loaded with really cool and non standard shops and restraunts and some very interesting short boat tours.

I think you mentioned going to the Museum of Natural History. That is, in our opinion, a must do and must see. Just an amazing place and they have the Lions of Tsavo mounted and on display.

The 3D theatre with the T-Rex is pretty fun and part of that Museum.

That whole lakeshore area that houses the museum and other things is clean and fun in our experience.

Good luck and have a terrific time!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shut up, grifter.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by RWL99
I'd wear it in a heart-beat...as long as I was NOT carrying a firearm on me. That shirt would tend to catch the eye of a passing Schitcago police officer.

It might provoke a stop and search laugh

[Linked Image]

The very definition of "profiling"

Profiling is a MUST in police work. I could give a phfuck what ever group that's claiming victim status is whining and crying because the police are stopping them more often than the other "victimized" groups. There's GD reason! When a certain demographic commits 2/3 of the GD burglaries a GOOD LEO will be keeping an eye out for that certain demographic being someplace they absolutely have no business being. If above demographic is seen in a upscale neighborhood driving a 64 Plymouth Valiant at 10 mph THAT is reasonable cause for a Terry stop. Skin color matters only in that it's an identifier for turds working the area, pulling off burglaries after everyone has left for work.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
604 members (2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.