Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
After hunting along the border from El Paso to Tucson and most of it right along the border, I actually feel safer in the field than I do here in WA, between tweekers, weed growers, meth labs and virtually NO police presence. In the southwest it seems I can't get through a day without getting interrupted or checked a couple of times. Border patrol and sheriffs are everywhere, no matter how far you are from a main road here they come on their four wheelers, 4x4's and on horseback, I've even been zoomed a couple of times by aircraft..

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Erich,
Given your taste in firearms, attitude about suitable coyote shooting sticks and the amount of effort you will devote to surviving in the desert, maybe you should get a Colt SAA .38 or .44 WCF. Then at least you know that even if you get outgunned and killed by border bandits - you got killed in style.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
MOGC, if they weren't so heavy and bulky, I think it would work, but I already have a 41 Mag. and used to carry it working in the Seattle rail yards at night. I used to shoot a Star PD that was about perfect, very accurate, reliable with just about anything I tried to feed, compact and light. I really like the idea of a DAO striker fired handgun that is lighter and has a better trigger pull than a revolver of the same size, just pull it out and pull the trigger, no safety or hammer to cock.

Just about any dead end road on public land in the west will have a pile of 5.56 casings and a bunch of shot up trash. And if you are worried about a sniper up in the hills with a 300 WSM odds are you'll never know about it if he wants you.

I guess I'm to the point in life that I'm not all that concerned about my demise, I've lived the kind of life they write stories about and have experienced enough war that I'm NOT going into the field now with the EXPECTATIONS of HAVING to fight my way back out again. All I'm interested in is something on the order of a flint and steel or hand winch, something I never expect to use but will work if needed.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You just described a G19. It's about stone axe reliable.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 56 invisible), 3,190 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,313
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.