Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Couldn't be the drought, and its effect on an oversubscribed watershed...

Yes it could.

I left Ca farm country in 81. My sympathy lies with the land owners who got screwed out of their water rights. They'll have to change crops, irrigation practices and let land go fallow to stay alive.

I'd be ok with selling you some Columbia river water if they wouldn't just pump it over the Tehachapi to So Cal. But they would because Sacramento gets lots more money from the city dwellers than the farmers.

I gotta call Stewart and find out what happened to my check.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Just to be realistic, I don't expect any meaningful solutions to the problem this time around...

and nothing in recent legislation will solve a thing.

But when 50 or 60 times as much can be spent on a bullet train than water supply... what's to be said!

Haha. Hey, you'll never guess who was awarded the (so-called) Bullet Train contract?

"Dianne Feinstein's husband wins near-billion dollar California 'high speed rail' contract"

"To the surprise of absolutely no one familiar with the ways of Corruptifornia, the one-party state completely in the hands of the Democrats, a consortium whose lead firm is controlled by Richard Blum, husband of Sen. Diane Feinstein, was awarded a nearly billion-dollar contract for the construction of the first phase of the so-called high-speed rail line to link San Francisco and Los Angeles. Those paying attention to the project call it the “half-fast” rail line because it will share trackage with conventional commuter rail trains in the sprawling Los Angeles and San Francisco areas, lowering its average speed to levels achieved by American railways a century ago."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...h_speed_rail_contract.html#ixzz3UwZ9gF8a

His corporation has been found guilty several times for over-billing fraud and money laundering with one more case still pending.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DesertSandman
You fellers like to eat?

Q: Which are the top 10 agricultural producing States?

A: In 2013, the top 10 agricultural producing States, in terms of cash receipts were (in descending order):

California,
Iowa,
Nebraska,
Minnesota,
Texas,
Illinois,
Kansas,
North Carolina,
Wisconsin,
and Indiana.
These and related statistics can be found in ERS's Farm Income and Wealth Statistics.

Yeah but if all the californias die of thirst that really cuts down on the demand for CA food.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
"Whisky is for drinking
Water is for fight'n over!

“I don't drink water. Fish [bleep] in it.”

― W.C. Fields

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Was just reading in the paper this morning where the snow pack is at just 12% of normal...

and that one side effect of this extended drought that will get worst as it goes on is power generation.

With the priority's of water distribution being;

1. Domestic Use
2. Irrigation
3. Power Generation

This drought is not just going to be effecting California, but most of the western states.

And could result in more dependence on natural gas fired generating plants.

Phil

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I heard on the local conservative radio that the project is costing $30,000,000 per mile. $15,000,000 goes to Blum/Fienstiens's company. Actually, Blum owns the holding company that owns the company getting that money for we-don't- know-what.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 72 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.