-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
JM, whenever you're ready to come, we'll get you set up. I'll PM you w/contact info to avoid the "troll patrol".

Might even dig out one of my Wyoming Centennial 1885 BROWNING 25-06s.
Which I hope you will appreciate.

[Linked Image]

Have fond memories of hunting birds down your way in my younger days.

Would be nice to have a Southern gentleman come to visit Wyoming, please don't think that some of those who claim residence from there, on here, are representative of the vast majority of us.

Good shooting !

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep Larry is back.........now confirmed. Good google fu pic laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A regular Perry Mason you are ........ and we all know what his "tastes" were.

Time for shooter to go to sleep.

Last edited by shooter4570; 02/22/11.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shooter4570
A regular Perry Mason you are ........ and we all know what his "tastes" were.

Time for shooter to go to sleep.

OK Old Douche gender confused sociopath....Larry If I give you 50 cents will you go buy a better life than the one you have? Go away and let the real people here plan a hunt.

The OP wants real answers not your make believe stuff.

Rick kicked you off this site several times but you keep making up new alias' to continue to be a PITA!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
JM and frammy on a hunting trip...Do it JM!

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Ummm ok everyone back to the topic at hand.....According to the MRS section the area have a majority of public for instance area 78 has 80% public land with good access.

And trust me I know what it takes to get a good pronghorn.

Basically what Im asking is why the same hell is there only 75-150 tags for these areas and in some units there are over a 1000. Is the 80% public a national forest (aka not very many goats in thick forest). Do they herds migrate in and out of these areas. Ive been to the area just east of Cody towards Greybull. And Ive seen a lot of prairie ghosts there but didnt pay attention to see if its public.

SO if anybody has anything half way related to this area I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I appreciate the offers. I wish I could go. I think this year is gonna be rough for me.

Mill closures, possible fuel hikes coming and the Federal BCAP program being done away with is gonna put business in the schitter.

Wife is looking at budget cuts to her Youth Program and it may be done away with altogether.

If that weren't bad enough, state cuts have jacked up Ryan's college tuition 15%.

I should have filled all my deer tags last season.....LOL.

Just gotta be careful with what's going on right now.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by MonteMiles250
Ummm ok everyone back to the topic at hand.....According to the MRS section the area have a majority of public for instance area 78 has 80% public land with good access.

Basically what Im asking is why the same hell is there only 75-150 tags for these areas and in some units there are over a 1000. Is the 80% public a national forest (aka not very many goats in thick forest). Do they herds migrate in and out of these areas. Ive been to the area just east of Cody towards Greybull. And Ive seen a lot of prairie ghosts there but didnt pay attention to see if its public.

SO if anybody has anything half way related to this area I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Really? Not hard to figure out, less pronghorn in a unit = fewer tags

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by MonteMiles250

Really? Not hard to figure out, less pronghorn in a unit = fewer tags

Really Rosco? Feel free to ignore this topic if you cant be helpful. No crap less tags=less pronghorn. For those that actually have knowledge of these units why is there so few tags? Has it always been this few? Was it over-hunted? Was their a bad spring snow storm in the past few years?

The units have some high ratings from the MRS section of Eastmans. Im just making sure they didnt have a big die-off or they all migrate on the 20% of private land in the area.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Increased the tags in 2009 and again in 2010.

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thank you mtmiller. Have you ever hunted the unit?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Partagas could probably give you some insight on area 78.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Partagas could probably give you some insight on area 78.

Or PM DrHJH....

Many factors enter into license numbers.....public input at G&F meetings is one of the major contributors in addition to the factors you are aware of.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks Cheyenne and elkhunter76. And a happy birthday to you elkhunter76.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here is the number for the Cody Regional G&F office 307-527-7125. They can give you accurate info.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shooter4570

Trophy Antelope in WY are few compared to nicer climates like AZ.

Would you then explain why Wyoming is ranked #1 and Arizona is #3 in the B&C record book entries by state? Wyoming all time 1015 entries and Arizona all time 319 entries. Last 10 years Wyoming 415 entries and Arizona 82 entries.

Again you prove your lack of factual knowledge and exhibit your ignorance oldman1942............

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I'm also looking for a DIY Wyoming Pronghorn hunt. Any additional tips appreciated.

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 44mc, 10gaugemag, 35, 10 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.