24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 117 of 144 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 143 144
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scopebite416 and I survived the long, wet, drive back home. The traffic around Austin proved to be just as bad as it was on the way there. Rained all the way until we got well into Arkansas.

Thanks, Dan for all your work setting up the hunt. Special thanks to Roger, Dan, and Pat for the excellent seafood supper! Everyone 'pigged out'...well, at least at chow time. grin

It was good to reunite with old friends from last year and get to know the new friends I met this year.

Hope everyone made it home safely.

Slainte'

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
BP-B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Major props to Dan for putting together such a fine hunt with fine folks, and with such a short window.

You did good Dan,real good.

Pretty neat to spend a few days with like minded good folks in such a great state. The only thing I missed out on was Buck'ees. Good thing anyways...I'd have had to pay a schitload for shipping.

As an aside, that's the most carbs I've eaten in 9 months combined. I should have saved myself a lot of time and just stuck Lois' great cooking to my ass. I knocked myself right out of ketosis my first 5 minutes there.

Major,major props to the guy who brought the peanut M&Ms.

Lastly, if I knew 85% of this nation's 17 year olds were just like Lawson, I'd rest easy as to our next generation. Solid, well rounded young man. Has about an inch or two on his old man, too. In fact, every one of the new guys were great additions to the camp.

I thought I could spin a metaphor with the best of them but I don't hold a candle to Jerry.

Ed...I hope you're feeling better.

7mato...can't believe you and your Kia got off the property. Pleasure meeting you.

Great trip. Looking forward to the next one.

Props again, Dan!

Last edited by isaac; 03/23/15.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First class bunch of guys.

The Great Poobah is in fact The Great Poobah. Got the pleasure of spending an evening in the blind with him. Great Guy and his McFlame .223 AI is a dang nice little piece.

Gunner500 is funny as hell. I think he may be the original Larry the cable guy.

TexnCal - Pat is a knowledgeable man but I wont hold that against him. He brought a lot of AR-s to look at. Spent a couple of evenings in the blind with Pat had good time he taught me a lot about the Brush Country.

CrimsonTide is one hell of Pistolera you dont want him shooting at you under 250 yds. Nice guy as well

Lil Tide is nice respectful young man. Glad he killed the first hog. Joel and his Momma should be proud.

Isaac was a pleasure meeting You as well. The wife was not happy with all the caliche mud on her KIA this morning. That lil sucker is beast in the mud.

Doc Rocket brought along a Nice lil double rifle. Points like a shotgun. Sorry you had to leave early Doc.

WTXJ_ Gordon. We both arrived at the same time so we got roomed together. He is lucky he is hard of hearing as he didnt have to listen to me snore. Great and kind guy.

Whelennut,Scopebite and all the others from the Great White north was a pleasure meeting and talking with you all. Gentlemen one and all.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Mato, it was very good to make your acquaintance. I was envious of your overalls the entire time. Next hunt will definitely find me in my favorite bibs.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Mato, it was very good to make your acquaintance. I was envious of your overalls the entire time. Next hunt will definitely find me in my favorite bibs.

CT--totally agree. I think I'll go to Fleet Farm and get me a pair. My dad wore striped bibs 6 1/2 days a week!

BTW--Mato. Thanks for the primers. My revolvers are going to get a workout!

Slainte'

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well I just got in the door after an uneventful flight. Will post some pics later.

I can only echo what others have said, many thanks to Dan for the quick manner in which he organized this...as others said, it was good to reconnect and make a few new friends.
Another BIG +1 to Lawson...I didn't expect any less from CT.

Pats cooking was hands down the best, Rogers kindness was too!

Because of the weather we had a little more time to talk and I was Impressed ( in a good way...) by the brain power in the group.As hard as Gunner tried to hide behind a redneck facade, he couldn't help but show himself as the thinker he is.
Thanks to EdM for my ride to and from San Antonio..and thank to Pat for pointing out how tough Texas pigs are.....He feels my TTSX bounced off one, and in retrospect, thats the best explanation with! blush

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
..and thanks to Pat for pointing out how tough Texas pigs are.....He feels my TTSX bounced off one, and in retrospect, thats the best explanation with! blush

I banged my head on the blind getting in it, that's my excuse explanation smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Special thanks to Rodger for bring 15 lbs of fresh jumbo shrimp,wahoo and red snapper fillets. Pat and I prepared the feast and we scored big points with Lois the cook for our help
Pat grilled every thing up over a mesquite fire

[Linked Image]

Oh My!!!!!!!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I would like to thank everyone for their generous hospitality. I really enjoyed myself despite the pig situation. The exotics were awesome to see outside of a zoo. I enjoyed hearing about all of the hunting experiences. You guys are real hunters. Even though most of the talk of guns and ammo flew over my head, I learned a lot. Everyone was kind and excepting, even Tom, because he doesn't give schitt. There wasn't as much alcohol abuse as I imagined. I guess it was the schedule we kept. I really enjoyed meeting all of you. What a diverse group. Sorry I had so much trouble with the names, it was too much info all at once.

Roof, thanks for the invite. I hope you tolerated my snoring OK.

Dan, thanks for all of the hard work, I'm sure it was time consuming. I really appreciate it.

A special thanks goes out to Roger, Dan and Pat for the shrimp dinner. Fantastic.

Mato, after I ran the 5 mile mud bog in my 2 wheel drive rental car, I thought about you in the Kia and thought you'd never make it. Glad to hear you were alright. I was lucky, I had Gunner watching my back on the way out in his pick up. That was a little nerve racking when you have to catch a fight. If I had gotten stuck, it would have been my luck if he didn't have a chain or a strap to pull me out.

Gunner, I bet you were dieing back there when I had it slideways a few times. I had to keep up momentum. That's pretty slick stuff. I had Roof pretty puckered up in the passenger seat. Once we got on paved roads, I hope I wasn't driving too fast for you. I was just mak'n tracks even though I couldn't see. My head lights were covered in mud.

Poobah, even though you don't give a schitt, you're alright in my book.

CT, you've got a fine young man there and a good marksman as well. He was knocking the crap out of the clays, especially for the first time out.

Ready, I really enjoyed the slide show of your hunt with Joe in Alaska. Very enlightening.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Special thanks to Rodger for bring 15 lbs of fresh jumbo shrimp,wahoo and red snapper fillets. Pat and I prepared the feast and we scored big points with Lois the cook for our help
Pat grilled every thing up over a mesquite fire

[Linked Image]

Oh My!!!!!!!

They were bacon wrapped as well. I poured melted butter over mine and could hardly finish it.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to meet you as well Stonecutter had some good talks. The trip out was fun.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Another fun bit was meeting Carl ( Ready)...our contingent from Germany. It was hard not to notice that Carl was deadly with whatever weapon he put in his hands.Something I for sure couldn't say, as my shotgunning was up to its usual dismal level, and Im still nursing and whining about a sore shoulder I forgot about having till the 12 gauge went off...
Pat was plain scary good with his bent barrel shotgun...I hope the one in whatever squad car he gets in is bent... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
By popular request I have researched and found a pic of the incomparable Jaqueline Bisset...

[Linked Image]

A discussion in camp one night brought back fond memories of Jaqueline in " The Deep" wearing a soaking wet T-shirt...I labored long and hard to find and post this pic....

Is this the one you guys were thinking of? grin

[Linked Image]

I figured it was cause of the blowfish...... whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Here is Gordon WTXJ Spotting for the shooters.

Payton who was my guide and is also the owners son. Said that this was the easiest group he had ever worked with. He said usually the spend hours at sight in time with just a small group. He said "You guys know what you are doing everyone is either spot on or takes a couple of adjustments to get spot on".

[Linked Image]

This Carl 'Ready' shooting I think TexnCal's .257 Kimber beauty of a gun. Of course the Poobah and I believe Bullshooter with the Red earmuffs.

And Ingwe is right Carl could shoot anything you threw at him and shoot it well. He told fine stories as well. I think I got him hooked on Coors Light beer though.

[Linked Image]

Ingwe and Gordon shooting Gordons fine S&W custom shop .357.

[Linked Image]

CrimsonTide and his 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger America. We had a good talk on the Creedmoor.

Last edited by 7mmMato; 03/23/15.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
frown

Happy for you guys, sorry I missed out. I'd still like to thank Dan for all Hus work.

Hope to catch some of y'all throughout the year.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Here's some pics from 2 days ago. I had to leave the party abruptly last evening due to a work situation, so I don't have many pics. I expect others will follow through today and tomorrow.

EdM on the left, and ltppowell on the right. Pat had just said something unprintable...

[Linked Image]

This'n is a shot of Carl & me after shooting clays. He's holding the L.C.Smith 16 gauge I just bought, it's got 20-gauge Briley tubes in it. The gun I'm holding is my Ugartachea 20 gauge, a very light 20-gauge gun. Both guns seem to bust clays pretty good. Quite a bunch of us shot clays yesterday in between stuffing our faces and sitting in the blinds waiting for pigs to show up.

[Linked Image]

Here's one of me & the Poobah. He imparted much wisdom to the turdlike fellows who attended this here shindig.

[Linked Image]

Dayum mutt and jeff! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Pat 'LtpPowell' In camo and Pat 'TexnCal' on his left. Bob 'Isaac' on the bench.

[Linked Image]

My hog is the black mass in the fog. Had to wait 30 minutes for the fog to clear and hog to get closer to shoot it. Was a fun hunt.

[Linked Image]

Tailgate pic of my hog

[Linked Image]

Payton skinning my hog took him less than 10 minutes to have it hanging in the cooler.

[Linked Image]

Tom shooting pistols he is a fine pistol shot as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Dat's a big dayum turkey..might need a slug for him!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Looks like we got TideJr on the far right Gunner500 in camo. Ready is shooting with Crimsontide in the orange hat. Cant for the life of me remember who the other fellow is. Someone step up and remind me.

[Linked Image]

More pistol work here. Follically Challenged in the green hat another fine guy.

[Linked Image]

Roof? I believe with a Jack Rabbit .223 will get there attention. We fed him to the Gator.

[Linked Image]

Rain we actually had ducks swimming under our feeder on the last night we hunted.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK...more pics...in no particular order..

The gallery.....

[Linked Image]

Stonecutter...

[Linked Image]

Carl aka Ready

[Linked Image]

EdM...on the cusp of retirement.

[Linked Image]

Page 117 of 144 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 143 144

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
521 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 51 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.