Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I rarely post anymore due to the annoying redirects. I'm not loading a pile of anti-virus stuff just for this site. Hopefully it'll eventually get fixed. Flashing pm box for new members is another issue that needs addressed.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Q
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

In the time it took you to type that long winded post on an iPhone you coulda solved the problem.

For the 100th time , get Mercury and save the worry for something important.

Then you get Mercury (whatever that is) and it fuggs up your Iphone. Or even worse, it screws something up which you don't realize until you get in timbuktu and find out it's bricked your phone when you need it most. I'm in Spain right now, this morning I was in Italy and yesterday I was in Bahrain. In every place I relied upon my Iphone for necessary communication to get my job done. I'm not going to go dicking with it and run the risk of screwing it all to hell just to make one malware infested internet site workable.

Nobody needs to be constantly dicking with their phone or computer to make one internet site work. Fix the damned site instead. As soon as you start replacing operating systems or browsers to fix one screwed up site you introduce ten more problems in other areas.

How is adding an app dicking with your phone? You heard that story from somebody's neighbors cousin across the way that bricked their phone cause it was jail broken.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I think all the whiners should just up and leave, that will fix Ricks wagon.

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
After that is said, this is probably the finest site of its kind on the net.

I for one THANK YOU Rick!

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Q

In the time it took you to type that long winded post on an iPhone you coulda solved the problem.

Then you get Mercury (whatever that is) and it fuggs up your Iphone. Or even worse, it screws something up which you don't realize until you get in timbuktu and find out it's bricked your phone when you need it most. I'm in Spain right now, this morning I was in Italy and yesterday I was in Bahrain. In every place I relied upon my Iphone for necessary communication to get my job done. I'm not going to go dicking with it and run the risk of screwing it all to hell just to make one malware infested internet site workable.

Nobody needs to be constantly dicking with their phone or computer to make one internet site work. Fix the damned site instead. As soon as you start replacing operating systems or browsers to fix one screwed up site you introduce ten more problems in other areas.

How is adding an app dicking with your phone? You heard that story from somebody's neighbors cousin across the way that bricked their phone cause it was jail broken.

The point is I don't know what this crap will do to my phone and I shouldn't need to do it to make my phone work with this site when it'll work with EVERY other website out there. I need my phone to work, it's not experimental. I'll quit coming to this website before I'll screw with the phone. I'm sure no one really cares if one poster stays or goes, but run enough of them off and someone will care. These malware infested advertisers will eventually go away when there's nobody left to read their stupid ads because they got tired of this BS.

Remember Huntamerica? It's the website that everybody visited before the owner ran everyone off by being an ass and everyone migrated over here. If this place becomes too much of a pain in the ass to use people will start migrating somewhere new also. Nothing is forever and this malware BS is rapidly approaching the point of running people off.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I agree there are problems with this forum, other forums I read work without out a hitch. Reason to bitch and moan? No, fix it and go on about your business. Fixes have been given for every OS, take advantage of it and surf in peace.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Q

Nobody needs to be constantly dicking with their phone or computer to make one internet site work. Fix
the damned site instead. As soon as you start replacing operating systems or browsers to fix one screwed up site you introduce ten more problems in other areas.

The point is I don't know what this crap will do to my phone and I shouldn't need to do it to make my phone work with this site when it'll work with EVERY other website out there. I need my phone to work, it's not experimental. I'll quit coming to this website before I'll screw with the phone. I'm sure no one really cares if one poster stays or goes, but run enough of them off and someone will care. These malware infested advertisers will eventually go away when there's nobody left to read their stupid ads because they got tired of this BS.

Remember Huntamerica? It's the website that everybody visited before the owner ran everyone off by being an ass and everyone migrated over here. If this place becomes too much of a pain in the ass to use people will start migrating somewhere new also. Nothing is forever and this malware BS is rapidly approaching the point of running people off.

Fair enough, but unless you are still running the basic few apps that come loaded on IOS, then you already taken a gamble.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE

I think TLee just hit the nail on the head. Nothing is gonna get fixed, as long as people keep visiting the site and clicking pages. As long as everyone is still visiting and clicking, money is still rolling in and there's no motivation for Rick to change anything.

Wanna motivate him? Log off for a month. If everybody who's complaining would do it, it might get noticed.

This site got started when everybody got fed up and bailed off of another one, right?

I'll start.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Last night was the first time EVER that I've had problems with the Fire on my iPhone 5s. Every time I tried to post, it would immediately redirect me to the App Store for some fricken game!!!
It's not happening now, so Rick must have fixed. Thanks Rick!!! The Fire is still the best Damn forum on the World Wide Web !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by T LEE

I think TLee just hit the nail on the head. Nothing is gonna get fixed, as long as people keep visiting the site and clicking pages. As long as everyone is still visiting and clicking, money is still rolling in and there's no motivation for Rick to change anything.

Wanna motivate him? Log off for a month. If everybody who's complaining would do it, it might get noticed.

This site got started when everybody got fed up and bailed off of another one, right?

I'll start.

They won't leave, too much pleasure in bitching all the time.

No different than the guy at work that constantly complains about the company, the coworkers , the pay, the snacks in the vending machine, etc. But never quits, just keeps on with same old song and dance.

Dave

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Constant problems here with my iPhone and this website. It happens with NO other website.
It is this website plain and simple.
Its bullshit that the "solution" should be to load another browser or any other crap. Its a problem with this website, and nothing else.

All you dudes who say things like "ask rick for you money back" need to realize that Rick runs this website for a business. Its not like he does it to be charitable... this website earns him money.
He should take care of the constant redirect issue like an actual business owner.

No slight to Rick intended with this either. I know he is a good guy, but I am tired of hearing how the solution is for the users that generate income(actual $ via gear shop and advertising) to add additional programs to their devices.

Hey dicknutz ever consider that post was made with something besides my iPhone?...
I refuse to add more apps to my iPhone to use ONE damn site.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obviiously its Ricks issue to fix. Only the dim think otherwise. Fact is though, if you want to continue to hang out here, an app or two makes it much easier.

Wheres Hugajackass? He said he could fix thus chit. Pay the man Rick!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for the quick witted reply.

Why does everyone keep saying add a app for one website ? It will work on every one, replace safari with it and away you go.

But carry on with the bitching, don't mind me.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a ship load of viruses somewhere,a few months ago.
I have a good friend,fixed all my shiet.
haven't had one problem since.

adblock plus
Microsoft security essentials
malwarebytes

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Read many but not all replies , my I phone is totally puckked somethime here, Home computer does the slow to no key typing sometimes. I am no computer person , it does get annoying is it my fault cause I could have better protection ?? maybe ?? but IMO it still shouln't be an issue

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick....my Netscape isn't loading,..can you fix it..?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTF is Netscape?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick, I just want to give you a heads up. I am going to get a new can and string in the near future, and I think this time it will be green bean can, and I want to be able to surf here with no problems, so get what it takes on your end, or I will start a call out thread and threaten to leave. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Rick, I just want to give you a heads up. I am going to get a new can and string in the near future, and I think this time it will be green bean can, and I want to be able to surf here with no problems, so get what it takes on your end, or I will start a call out thread and threaten to leave. miles

Try a 5 gal bucket for surround sound.

Dave

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by gitem_12
The constant redirets are getting rediculous

So is yer speling

Mike
LMAO...

Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Every time I try to post from my iphone it's a race to get it posted before the page resets and I lose everything. Pretty frustrating when I lose that race. I try to copy what I'm writing so I can paste it back in after I loose the page.

Bb
Why not try a REAL computer instead of those stupid-azzed "SMART" phones?? (the oxymoron of the century) smile smile

Even with that pos Firefox I used to have, this place worked fine.. With Chrome - it works just as good..

Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by DownWind
Originally Posted by Huntz
Ask Rick for your money back!!!

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner! +10

+1 smile grin laugh
Lemme add a few laugh laugh laugh to that.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,319
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.