Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
There's a silver lining.

I found out last September that the building I have been leasing for my business was up for sale. One of my customers that is on the local city council gave me the heads up, as he is on the planning and zoning board. (Never a word from the owner of the building, of course, until the deal was done sick). I guess he didn't want to risk losing any rent.

Started my search for a new home for my business and soon found out that there were no suitably zoned buildings in my immediate vicinity.

Sooo, I've decided to build my own. A giant leap of faith, and more money than I've ever committed to, but here's the artist's rendition of what my customers will see from State Rd 9 in Alpharetta Ga. smile

[Linked Image]

Projected completion in late summer.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Very nice.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice looking building, badger. That ought to catch quite a few eyes. I hope you do well in your new location.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Nice looking building, badger. That ought to catch quite a few eyes. I hope you do well in your new location.

Thank you. Everything I own is riding on this, it has to do well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck in your new venture!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Congrats Alan!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow! It is hard to believe that a building owner wouldn't give the current tenant the first option. Not even telling you that the building was for sale seems like a real douche bag move on his part.

Good luck with your new building. Your business might even be better than it was now that you have a building that is tailored to your exact wants/needs.

My Father once bought a building so that he could throw the tenant out and I thought that it was a mean thing to do, but nobody disrespected my Father and enjoyed the feeling forever 'cause one thing my Father had was a long memory whenever he was slighted.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Best of luck in your new venture!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We're moving from 6000 sq ft to 8300, better laid out and with parking for 40 cars. Road frontage which we don't currently have. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time, considering the stakes involved for me personally.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Best of luck to you!

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One word of caution: If possible in the financing, split the new building into it's own LLC away from your auto body business, then lease the building to your auto body business. I failed to do this in a business I owned many years ago and when I had a catastrophic loss event, I lost everything when the lightning struck all the way to the ground because they weren't separate. I only had a loss in one piece, but I actually lost three businesses because they weren't separated legally.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 03/26/15.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations! I'm sure it will be a great success.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by badger
There's a silver lining.

I found out last September that the building I have been leasing for my business was up for sale. One of my customers that is on the local city council gave me the heads up, as he is on the planning and zoning board. (Never a word from the owner of the building, of course, until the deal was done sick). I guess he didn't want to risk losing any rent.

Started my search for a new home for my business and soon found out that there were no suitably zoned buildings in my immediate vicinity.

Sooo, I've decided to build my own. A giant leap of faith, and more money than I've ever committed to, but here's the artist's rendition of what my customers will see from State Rd 9 in Alpharetta Ga. smile

[Linked Image]

Closer to me, and my 914 with an LS-1!

Where on Hwy 9?

Last edited by hatari; 03/26/15.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A lot of advantaged to your own building including having it designed just the way you want it. Best of luck to you.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
One word of caution: If possible in the financing, split the new building into it's own LLC away from your auto body business, then lease the building to your auto body business. I failed to do this in a business I owned many years ago and when I had a catastrophic loss event, I lost everything when the lightning struck all the way to the ground because they weren't separate. I only had a loss in one piece, but I actually lost three businesses because they weren't separated legally.

Yes, already done. And thanks smile

badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by badger
There's a silver lining.

[Linked Image]

Closer to me, and my 914 with an LS-1!

Where on Hwy 9?

Hwy 9 and McFarland.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn fine looking building, scary big step. Make it functional and you will do fine.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
One has to admire gumption, and I do. I'd say 'good luck' but I don't think there is much luck to it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would suggest an advertising slogan of "Ve haff vays of making your car vork!", but somehow I'm thinkin' that might not be the best way to go... wink

Congratulations, owning your own business is kind of scary but definitely rewarding.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I would suggest an advertising slogan of "Ve haff vays of making your car vork!", but somehow I'm thinkin' that might not be the best way to go... wink

Congratulations, owning your own business is kind of scary but definitely rewarding.

Catchy. I'll haff to sink about zat vun. laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 61 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,650
Posts18,455,461
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.