Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I sent a scope in to Leupold because the eye piece and lock ring were frozen in place. They let me know this morning that it would take 24 days to repair. I am used to sending them a scope and getting it back within a week. What gives? powdr

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Busy season?

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I sent in a couple in January and got a similar email. They were returned faster than that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could be under promising and over delivering.

The last time I sent a scope to them a few years ago I got the scope back in a couple of weeks (free of charge, of course), then a few days after that I received a postcard from Leupold saying that they had received the scope, it would be evaluated by a technician and that I would be contacted with an estimate of repair costs.

Now that is probably more of a condemnation of the post office's ability to deliver post cards on time but I thought it was kind of funny.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I'd bet you'll see it quicker powdr. Last CDS dial I ordered the guy said 21 days, I had it in my hands in 7 days. Probably just a canned response.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've gotten a scope back in the mail fixed already before getting the CS postcard, two times now.

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks guys, I was hoping that would be the general response. It's just been so long since I've sent one in. Probably 15 years. I bet I get it by the end of next week. Thanks again guys. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 03/26/15.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Kind of like airlines giving flight times well over necessary so they come in on time. A stat that is measured and reported...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by powdr
I am used to sending them a scope and getting it back within a week. What gives? powdr

It's just been so long since I've sent one in. Probably 15 years.

Him speak in circles.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Leupold received two scope from me on the 16th for reticle changes. Normally it is 2-3 weeks turn around time. I asked for expedited service because I have a ground squirrel hunt the last week of April and wanted some flexibility to get sighted in before flying out. I was told no problem. I received the first one on Tuesday, and the second one today. Ten days from when they received until I got them back is excellent service. $70 to put a LR-V duplex in a 6-18, and $110 for a Varmint Hunter in a 8.5-25 VX-III. Those little fury bastards are really in trouble this year...

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My last CDS dial was supposed to be 4-6 weeks...I had it in my grubby mitts in four days...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I think my LGS just sent in a chit load for repair. Get in line.... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yah, they're (the Leupold techs) probably over at Nikon getting training... NOT!

Last edited by oregontripper; 03/27/15. Reason: More BS

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
This has nothing to do with Leupold, but I recently acquired a Monarch 3 with this XTR turret, Nikon's version of the CDS. I called Nikon CS to as questions about he scope, dial, etc......they are a totally clueless bunch of dolts. I know more about their equipment than they do and I don't know schitttt about Monarch 3's or their dials.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
That's why I like to deal w/Leupold JG. They have just about any scope a man could want w/o too much sophistication. Plus, they will always be #1 in customer service. That, and that alone, has made them the sole leader in scopes...as far as I'm concerned. powdr

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's why I like to deal w/Leupold JG. They have just about any scope a man could want w/o too much sophistication. Plus, they will always be #1 in customer service. That, and that alone, has made them the sole leader in scopes...as far as I'm concerned. powdr

Leupold's customer service is top notch! Suppose that and great scopes is why I have so many.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
That's why I like to deal w/Leupold JG. they will always be #1 in customer service. That, and that alone, has made them the sole leader in scopes...as far as I'm concerned. powdr

If you produce a so so product at a above so so price, then you have to stay in business some how.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I would expect as much from someone from England. powdr

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by UKdave
That's why I like to deal w/Leupold JG. they will always be #1 in customer service. That, and that alone, has made them the sole leader in scopes...as far as I'm concerned. powdr

If you produce a so so product at a above so so price, then you have to stay in business some how.

As opposed to those high quality phillipino vortex optics you guys seem to favor.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UKdave

What is it that's produced by a Brit company owned by Brits? GFY

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 67 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,273
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.