Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm on my fourth Nissan pickup. I've had nothing but good luck out of them, few repairs, and excellent service, but I don't work it too hard, either.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I agree with ratsmacker. Have had numerous with no problems. Beautiful machines and durable.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I agree with ratsmacker. Have had numerous with no problems. Beautiful machines and durable.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The new Titan should be out this fall and with the new Cummins diesel, beefed up frame, Aisin transmission, built in king pin, 13000 pound towing capacity, etc.. should be a stump puller.

Looking forward to sitting in one next month.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is it a 3/4 ton? Often I need the weight in the bed, not behind.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
It will be marketed as a 1/2 ton plus. Not quite a 3/4 ton, but not a 1/2 ton either.

exact specs are not out yet but it should have a payload over 2000 and a GVWR of 8500 or so.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pre6422hornet
The new Titan should be out this fall and with the new Cummins diesel, beefed up frame, Aisin transmission, built in king pin, 13000 pound towing capacity, etc.. should be a stump puller.

Looking forward to sitting in one next month.

I was at the Mid-America Truck Show in Louisville last month and the Nissan diesel was there in one of the Cummins displays. The Nissan rep told me that these would be at the dealers late 2015. That truck attracted quite the crowd and that would be an understatement!

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Yep delivery is slated for end of Nov start of Dec. Do you remember who you talked to by chance?

I am the Nissan Rep for New Mexico and El Paso.

I am trying to order one as a demo smile

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn, a cummins in a Nissan Titan. Sounds cool. I was looking at a 2008 pro 4x4 Titan the other day because I'm getting tired of rebuilding everything on my 04 gmc 1500 sierra 4x4. The only thing on that truck that is worth a damn is the LS1!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Damn, a cummins in a Nissan Titan. Sounds cool. I was looking at a 2008 pro 4x4 Titan the other day because I'm getting tired of rebuilding everything on my 04 gmc 1500 sierra 4x4. The only thing on that truck that is worth a damn is the LS1!!!!

BSA old buddy how's it going? My wife had a 08 Nissan Titan 4x4 and that tuck was the nicest driving truck we had at the time. But we traded it off due to the gas mileage I think the best we ever got was around 15 MPG but the std was 13-14 mpg. At the time we got rid of it in 2010 gas in Alaska was close to $4.00 bucks a gallon and she drove 90 miles(roundtrip)a day to and from work so it adds up quick.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I understand that Nissan's Cummins will be about 5.0L, not the bigger 6.7 used by Dodge. It won't be the powerhouse work horse put out by the big 3.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
No it is not the same powerplant, but with the king pin integrated into the frame, and 13000 lb towing capacity, it will be pretty stout.

I am going to be sitting in one next week at dealer show. Gonna take lots of pics.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Nissan 4x4 supercab I had was a nightmare, to be exact it was the lousy service department for the dealer in Flagstaff, AZ. The repairs were supposed to be covered by warranty but the shop manager seemed to nickel and dime the 10-13 page bill so that I ended up paying the equivalent of the cost for repair. The truck got 13 MPG at the best.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I understand that Nissan's Cummins will be about 5.0L, not the bigger 6.7 used by Dodge. It won't be the powerhouse work horse put out by the big 3.

It is not intended to be. Much like the new GM 1500's with the 6.2 L gasser option with the max trailering package. Max payload of 2200+ pounds and max towing of 12000 pounds. Eyeballled one yesterday. A heavyier duty light duty truck.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I am considering a a new-to-me truck for work. My work mostly consists of long road trips hauling 4-600 pounds worth of gear so payload isn't a huge consideration.

But, comfort and handling on crappy roads is a major concern. I rented a Nissan Armada this winter for an extended road trip. I was not pleased with the ride comfort, so I have not included a Nissan in my current search. I may try to test drive one this weekend and see if it might work for me after reading some of these reviews.

Montana MOFO
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

BSA old buddy how's it going? My wife had a 08 Nissan Titan 4x4 and that tuck was the nicest driving truck we had at the time. But we traded it off due to the gas mileage I think the best we ever got was around 15 MPG but the std was 13-14 mpg. At the time we got rid of it in 2010 gas in Alaska was close to $4.00 bucks a gallon and she drove 90 miles(roundtrip)a day to and from work so it adds up quick.

OUCH !!! That must have hurt the old pocket book. I've done a little research and the consensus is they suck the gas down. The one I was looking at was lifted and riding on 35s, which would make it even worse. I think I'll keep the ol GMC blush

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by pre6422hornet
No it is not the same powerplant, but with the king pin integrated into the frame, and 13000 lb towing capacity, it will be pretty stout.

I am going to be sitting in one next week at dealer show. Gonna take lots of pics.

Hornet, I'd really appreciate it if you post those pictures and let us know what you think of the truck. Sounds like a damn good one.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn that gives me a woody, but it looks too much like a ford. sick

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Damn that gives me a woody, but it looks too much like a ford. sick

I thought it looked more like a Dodge, frankly, despite all the chrome on the nose.

It's more truck than I need, and the mileage is horrible, by all accounts, but my Frontiers don't get much better mileage, to be truthful about 'em. I like their size better for my needs, though, they're easier to park than the Titan.

I have driven a Titan, nice truck, but too much truck for what I want and need. I think I'll stick with my Frontiers.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (007FJ, 44mc, 257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,655 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,236
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.