Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I enjoy reading Charles Krauthammer commentaries and his does a great job of pointing out the obvious. He is purely partisan which is fine and one of the reasons I enjoy his writings. This week he came out with his picks with odds of winning for the GOP field in 2016. You just have to love his view of our up coming election!

Handicapping the 2016 Field

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/416059/handicapping-2016-field-charles-krauthammer

What is great is Tea Bagger favorite Ted Cruz is in the bottom of his tier 2 candidates with 15-1 odds of winning.

Quote:
5. Ted Cruz. Grand, florid campaign launch with matching rhetoric. Straightforward base-oriented campaign. Has developed a solid following. Could break out, especially in debate. 15-1.

Based on his odds you guys are going to have to get comfortable with having another Bush and that is best you can expect!

Great story guys!

GB1

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He Puts Rubio first.

Which I found interesting.

Rubio at 3-1 and Jeb at 3.5 to 1 (7-2). Both of these guys have some real depth and competence.

Rubio has more passion.

I was amazed that he discounted Walker, mostly for inexperience on a national stage. Still has him in the first tier at 4-1.

Overall, a pretty interesting article.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 03/28/15.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I agree. I don't see the big money lining up behind Rubio. Old money Bush will swing the establishment $ and if he wins in the general election we all will be hating "Bush III" I don't see the country electing a 3rd Bush.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dr. Charles is nothing like a real conservative. I don't listen to him.

Sam......

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A dolt pontificating always makes me chuckle

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BMT
He Puts Rubio first.

Which I found interesting.

Rubio at 3-1 and Jeb at 3.5 to 1 (7-2). Both of these guys have some real depth and competence.

Rubio has more passion.

I was amazed that he discounted Walker, mostly for inexperience on a national stage. Still has him in the first tier at 4-1.

Overall, a pretty interesting article.

BMT

Krauthammer is brilliant and always interesting.

He's not a conservative as I think of a conservative. He's more of an aristocratic, country club Republican and as long as one remembers where he's coming from, it's always interesting to here what he has to say. He does make some good points from time to time. Like many of his kind, they don't understand the fervor and angst of those of us who are really worried about this country.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Dr. Charles is nothing like a real conservative. I don't listen to him.

Got bad news for you. Not enough "real" conservatives in this country to elect one - period.

Otto is my co-pilot.
T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Unfortunately I have to agree with Nathan; Republicans seemingly are more against Republicans than they are against Democrats.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People are fed up with Obama and the Dem's. Who ever gets the Rep nomination is our next president. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unfortantley, Dr Charles is probably right on his predictions.

The Republican Party won't nominate Cruz or Jindahl, or that idiot Rand Paul. And Scott Walker will have a melt down before the primary, or multiple skeletons will fall out of his closet.
And the Democraps & Libertard Media will continue to crucify Ted Cruz because he scares them the most.

I still think either Jindahl / Cruz or Perry / Jindahl are the best choice for POTUS, but that will never happen.

Bush and Rubio are the only GOP candidates who can get the Mexicans to support them on the GOP side. And If it should come down to Bush vs Hilliary or Rubio vs Hillary, you can bet your sweet ass that I for one WONT stay home and NOT vote for Bush or Rubio. Because that's Exactly how the [bleep] in Charge won the last two elections ! mad

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/28/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
It's a long time till the primaries start. Any poll,prediction done now is not worth a hill of beans.

Not gonna get worked up about it either till the primaries start.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good advice, buddy!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
It's a long time till the primaries start. Any poll,prediction done now is not worth a hill of beans.

Yep. And don't pay attention to what the psyops weenies in the Propaganda Corps say. Their job is to influence support for the R they can live with in the event the democrap they really support loses.

Vote for the candidate you like in the primaries and hold your nose and vote for the nominee in the general.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
People are fed up with Obama and the Dem's. Who ever gets the Rep nomination is our next president. Hasbeen

Actually it's not that simple! You see....the folks that are paying the bills these days are OUT VOTED by those that are on the take to the tune of 52% to 48% so it's a done deal! That 52% doesn't give a rats azz whether the POTUS rapes a six year old girl every day on the Oval Office desk....as long as they get their handouts!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Yep. And don't pay attention to what the psyops weenies in the Propaganda Corps say. Their job is to influence support for the R they can live with in the event the democrap they really support loses.

Vote for the candidate you like in the primaries and hold your nose and vote for the nominee in the general.

Yup.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leave it to [bleep] slurpin goochie goo lickers like Walt to introduce tea baggin ball polishin topics into otherwise normal conversation.

Fuggin libtard homo.

I say again, in case ya missed the other day, if you're ever back here in the Oneill area look me up so I can buy ya a beer...

With just a little bit a rat poison in it.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N

The problem is with the likes of Cruz feeding Red Meat to the bottom of the base( and being unelectable) will make all candidates pander to the extreme crazy right creating candidates who will attempt to out crazy the other candidates. The GOP primary process brings out the true believers on the right in droves, isolates the remainder of the GOP and you get stuck with a McCain or Mitt who would not know a conservative if it bit them. End result is you have an unelectable candidate regardless.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oops

Busted by a fa ga la lovin computer program.

Maybe I should spell " [bleep] " djizs.

(see if this works )

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Eventually the establishment RNC will rule the day and Bush III will be selected,not elected. The Country is too far "gone" to elect a real conservative. The RNC will talk tough when its needed but pull the inevitable "bait and switch". The US voters are too ill-informed to really realize what has happened to the Country. The only way to awaken them is another 9/11 sized attack, which is obviously not an acceptable development.
So that sets up a centrist GOP nominee against "Obama light". In either case our goose is cooked - only sooner in one case.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 66 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,584
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.