Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
I seem to have a weakness for rather obscure European stuff from time to time. This little 1910 FN Browning is one of those things. As best I can tell it's a 1928 or 1929 in 7.65. It's in beautiful condition. The bore is excellent. There is very light holster wear around the muzzle. It's hard to tell if it has been reblued or if the finish is original. The lettering on the left side of the slide is crisp and clear. On the right side of the slide there are light marks under the blue that may have been old pits buffed out. It's difficult to tell. The overall condition is excellent. The engraving pattern in the sight groove is sharp and clean. ???? If it was redone whoever did the work was very skilled. The ergonomics are great and everything functions 100%. Helluva mouse gun.
[img][IMG]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af114/oldrooster/1910-2a_zpsiomzp6i2.jpg[/img][/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Had a .380 just like it... Be careful as I understand that the firing pin is also the ejector. If you have a round in the chamber and eject it with some vigor you should see a dent in the primer...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Bob, was yours a good shooter? I haven't been out with it yet. The workmanship is what I'd expect from FN. The Browning design was used until somewhere around '71. I'd like to find a holster for it.

Last edited by OldRooster; 03/29/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just missed one like that (actually, the FN Model 1922) in a local shop. That one was made in 1940, and had Nazi acceptance proofs on it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OldRooster - That gun is a classic. Reminds me of Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca.
Near the end of the movie he is carrying that gun and shoots a nazi.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
they are pretty neat little guns. I ran across the 1922 version, with the barrel extension, a few years ago. A german flap pancake holsters and the capture papers from WWII. Keep in mind a 1910 was used to shoot franz joseph and start WWI.
i am not sure about the obscure part, they were used for a lot of years by a lot of different countries.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/06/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Hotload -that's why I couldn't resist it. The previous owner had it restored years ago. It was well done and he took good care of it after the work was done.

Last edited by OldRooster; 04/06/15.
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Ron - you 're right about the obscure part. A lot were produced when all of the variations are considered right up to the early 70s. I like the proportions of the original configuration and the very clean lines.

Last edited by OldRooster; 04/06/15.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hotload
OldRooster - That gun is a classic. Reminds me of Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca.

You might want to watch those scenes again.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

Fine suggestion. I believe I'll do that this evening. grin

IC B3

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by OldRooster
Bob, was yours a good shooter? I haven't been out with it yet. The workmanship is what I'd expect from FN. The Browning design was used until somewhere around '71. I'd like to find a holster for it.

...I really don't recall other than it had a fairly sharp recoil... The only ammo I ran in it was some ball and don't recall any malfunctions...

The safety is very small and from what I understand most people who carried them relied on just the grip safety...grab and go...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

Gael - You are correct. In Casablanca, Rick Blaine ( Bogart ) was carrying a Colt Model 1903 Hammerless. He had the same gun in Key Largo, Dead Reckoning, The Big Sleep and others.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,657
Posts18,455,635
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.