Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 31 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 30 31
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Blue, I guess we could have a Wheelchair, offhand shoot for you, Gene, and eyeball. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ed, I will be 78 yrs old in about 10 days,and if I remember right your ass was draggin your tracks out after a week huntin with me, damn insolent PUP!!! rio7

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
OK, I'm down off of the roof now (fixing and cleaning gutters on two houses) and can reply on something other than a "smartphone".

Yup, no argument that my butt was dragging. That was some of the hardest hunting I've ever done, and I've been in some rugged places. Whoda thunk that flatland like you have down there could wear a man out? Guess I'm getting soft in your old age. laugh
You're worse than any Drill Instructor I've ever met. No rest for the weary, I guess.

I was just suggesting a fair competition that would allow you and the others to get in on the fun. Besides, you don't even HAVE a .22lr, so why are you upset? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Upset!upset! do I sound Upset! I bet I can barrow a .22 from Kaywoodie, you need to get back on the roof. rio7

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm finished with the roof, now I get to cut up and haul off three large trees in the yard that came down during the ice, snow, and rain a few weeks ago.

I have two very accurate Contender Carbines in .22lr Match. Both wear fixed 6x Weaver scopes. They have been used for more than one "shoot-off " here and are fully up to the task. I figure, if a person can consistently hit a golf ball at 50 yards, and keep a golf ball dancing at 100 yards, they will do. grin

You can even borrow one, if you would like. I'll even let you use the ammo they prefer. grin

Ed

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Hope you can make it, Greg!

Same here, hope you can make it.... but if you dont....

We're gonna talk about you, tell all kinds of lies about you, give you a baaaad name, ruin you reputation, etc.

(of course, money and liquor can persuade a fellow to change his mind)

grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
Upset!upset! do I sound Upset! I bet I can barrow a .22 from Kaywoodie, you need to get back on the roof. rio7

Blue, I got your back!

Just let me know and I'll bring you a .22 so you wont have to shoot one of Ed's.

He will give you the one we saw in the barn, stock broke, forearm cracked, had a bent nail holding the lever in place, and looked like he had modified the rear sight with a hack saw, but the front sight did look good (it just wasnt upright).

grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks Randy, Us oldmen need to stick together, I know that .22 Ed, has in the barn the one he shoots beach balls with at 10 yrds, Ed, wears glasses ya know.Blue

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Hope you can make it, Greg!

Same here, hope you can make it.... but if you dont....

We're gonna talk about you, tell all kinds of lies about you, give you a baaaad name, ruin you reputation, etc.

(of course, money and liquor can persuade a fellow to change his mind)

grin

We'll give him things to work on, too, when he does show up... grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
We'll give him things to work on, too, when he does show up... grin

I figure if he leaves his welder at the Rusty Iron he'll be OK.

Hmmm..I wouldn't put it past him to smelt some of this iron ore lying around here and make something out of it. Better keep the lighters away from him.

Ed

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blue and Cur, I'll bring my shooting mat if I remember for you guys. We can get you back up.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
RIO, we can do a shoot between you and curdog off the bench... no rests, the idea is to have fun, with you or at you guys smile

I really hope I can make and partake in the shenanigans.
Thanks for ordering those, Ed, and Greg thanks for getting them fixed with crazy welding skills.
Pisco sour is on me, if we can make it.
I'll set up the assembly line with kids again (gotta teach them early)

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Now that I am through picking on Ed, How about I sit in a folding chair and shoot of of sticks? that should be a pretty good handicap.rio7

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Now that I am through picking on Ed, How about I sit in a folding chair and shoot of of sticks? that should be a pretty good handicap.rio7

Uh, huh....that's what I figured you'd do. grin

With you, that's the same as prone for the rest of us mortals.

I'm good with that if Gene is.

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Uh, huh....that's what I figured you'd do. grin

With you, that's the same as prone for the rest of us mortals.

I'm good with that if Gene is.

Ed

When I think prone I think no bags, tripods, bipods, backpacks, nothing but elbows, fat belly, etc.
Somehow I think RIO7 is finding the ways to make a "handicap" to his advantage...
My grandma used to say (crude translation here)

The devil knows more from being old than from being the devil... I think it applies here
whistle whistle whistle

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Good quote! Fits both Blue and Gene to a "T".

For Blue, shooting from a chair with sticks is no handicap. If folks were paying attention at last years Gathering they could have seen him in action at that 8" long piece of 3" diameter pipe I had hanging at 200 yards. I think he missed once with his "truck gun" AR-15.

Watching Gene shoot Prairie Dogs a few years ago at unknown distances showed me that he is quite comfortable shooting from a chair as well.

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed, I guess they need to be nominated umpires of the rimfire contest... or just have them shoot exhibition style against each other on a different age category smile

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
It wouldn't be fair to make them just umpires, they have to shoot, too.

I'd really like to watch both of them shoot from chairs with sticks and see how they stack up against folks shooting Prone.

I like watching good shooters do their thing. It's the issue of coming up with a challenge good enough for them to strut their skills.

Ed

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
curdog, think we better come up with plan to whip these young whipper snappers butts, may be we can get oldman Randy, to give us a hand. rio7

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have no doubt they will beat me my sorry butt, but I can bring some decent smack talk:)
I always enjoy watching someone skilled doing their art

Page 18 of 31 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

202 members (300jimmy, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 2UP, 23 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.