Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kciH
We had one good leader who spun us out of the spiral in the 80's,

Yep, Reagan gave us amnesty for illegals, the ban on machine guns, and the ban on non-sporting ammunition. Great guy that Ronnie.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bottom one was the 45acp, Winchester white box 230 fmj. [Linked Image]

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former Hewlett-Packard Co Chief Executive Carly Fiorina on Sunday said the chances of her running for U.S. presidency were "very high" and she would announce her plans in late April-early May.

Fiorina, speaking on Fox News Sunday, put the chances of her running for president in 2016 at "higher than 90 percent" but said she could not yet announce the bid as she was working to establish her team, get "the right support" and financial resources.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/r-fo...her-than-90-percent-2015-3#ixzz3Vn5ZYDGI

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Krauthammer 2012 picks >> Michele Bachmann: Tea Party favorite. Appeals to Palinites. Could do well in Iowa. Hard to see how she makes her way through the rest of the primaries. A strong showing in debates and a respectable finish would increase her stature for 2016. But for now: 20-1 to win the nomination.

Donald Trump: He's not a candidate, he's a spectacle. He's also not a conservative. With a wink and a smile, Muhammad Ali showed that self-promoting obnoxiousness could be charming. Trump shows that it can be merely vulgar. A provocateur and a clown, the Republicans' Al Sharpton.

The major candidates

Mitt Romney: Serious guy. Pre-vetted (2008). Tons of private- and public-sector executive experience. If not for one thing, he'd be the prohibitive front-runner. Unfortunately, the one thing is a big thing: Massachusetts' Romneycare. For an election in which the main issue is excessive government (see Axiom One), that's a huge liability. Every sentient Republican has been trying to figure out how to explain it away. I've heard no reports of any success. Romney is Secretariat at Belmont, but ridden by Minnesota Fats. He goes out at 5-1.

Newt Gingrich: Smart guy. A fountain of ideas. No, a Vesuvius of ideas. Some brilliance, lots of lava. Architect of a historic Republican victory in 1994. Rocky speakership. Unfortunate personal baggage. 12-1.

Haley Barbour: Successful governor. Experienced Washington hand. Abundant charm. Baggage: Years of lobbying, unforced errors on civil rights, early isolationist deviations. Rarely without a comeback, however. 7-1.

Tim Pawlenty: Formerly, unassuming, unprepossessing, solid two-term Minnesota governor. Currently, mouse that roars. Up-tempo style, middle-of-the-road conservative content. Apparently baggageless. Could be the last man standing. 5-1.

Mitch Daniels: Highly successful governor. Budget guru. Delightful dullness satisfies all axioms (see above). Foreign policy unknown, assuming he has one. Alienated some conservatives with his call for a truce on social issues. If he runs, 6-1.

Likely not running

Mike Huckabee: Has a good life - hosting a popular TV show, making money, building his dream house in Florida. He'd be crazy to run. Doesn't look crazy to me.

Sarah Palin: Same deal. Showed her power in 2010 as kingmaker and opinion shaper. Must know (I think) she has little chance at the nomination and none in the general election. Why risk it, and the inevitable diminishment defeat would bring?

Even less likely to run - the 2016 bench

A remarkable class of up-and-comers includes Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley. All impressive, all new to the national stage, all with bright futures. 2012, however, is too early - except possibly for Ryan, who last week became de facto leader of the Republican Party. For months, he will be going head-to-head with Obama on the budget, which is a surrogate for the central issue of 2012: the proper role of government. If Ryan acquits himself well, he could emerge as a formidable anti-Obama.

One problem: Ryan has zero inclination to run. Wants to continue what he's doing right now. Would have to be drafted. That would require persuasion. Can anyone rustle up a posse?

Charles Krauthammer's column,

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by BMT
He Puts Rubio first.

Which I found interesting.

Rubio at 3-1 and Jeb at 3.5 to 1 (7-2). Both of these guys have some real depth and competence.

Rubio has more passion.

I was amazed that he discounted Walker, mostly for inexperience on a national stage. Still has him in the first tier at 4-1.

Overall, a pretty interesting article.

BMT

Krauthammer is brilliant and always interesting.

He's not a conservative as I think of a conservative. He's more of an aristocratic, country club Republican and as long as one remembers where he's coming from, it's always interesting to here what he has to say. He does make some good points from time to time. Like many of his kind, they don't understand the fervor and angst of those of us who are really worried about this country.

DF

Krauthammer has moved a long ways from the Left when he wrote and worked for Carter and Mondale.
Same path from Left to Right as Ronald Reagan who he now says was our greatest president.

In his own words...I’m often asked: “How do you go from Walter Mondale to Fox News?” To which the short answer is: “I was young once.”

Krauthammer has also written: “I believe that while everyone has the right to change views, one does at least owe others an explanation.”

He is always well worth reading or watching, but his endorsement/handicapping record sucks.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
In his own words...I’m often asked: “How do you go from Walter Mondale to Fox News?” To which the short answer is: “I was young once.”

It's really easy, he simply went from Jewish Bolshevism to Jewish Zionism.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

and FREE EYEBALL!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

and FREE EYEBALL!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The way things are going, I'd take Billy Bob in a heartbeat over the present "disaster in chief".

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The way things are going, I'd take Billy Bob in a heartbeat over the present "disaster in chief".

I don't think it's possible to get one worse than what we have now.

and FREE EYEBALL!
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by mog75
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

I don't think it's possible to get one worse than what we have now.

Charles Krauthammer is not so sure....

"Senators are going to have a hard time," syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said on Fox News last week. "We already tried a first-term senator,"

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by mog75
[Linked Image]

This one Die out of Prue Respect...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think that was one of those flying gophers like shrapnel posts. I have no idea how he has time to lay down the gun, pick up the camera and snap the picture by the time the bullet arrives. I tried, and I'm not qualified. Low hits with the v max will launch them pretty good some times, direct hits do it occasionally too. Sometimes there ain't hardly a mark on them but they're dead as a door nail. Low miss is the best explanation I got.

and FREE EYEBALL!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Think they died of overdosing on Chili beans. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.