Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Good read from an objective study that analyzes real data, not computer models.

http://business.financialpost.com/2...te-earths-19th-little-ice-age-has-begun/

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
but just think how bad this would be if it were not for AGW kinda balancing the scales. laugh

Sam......

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
bump

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We need to put more CO2 into the air and stop this coming ice age.We better hurry or we will freeze to death.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm thinking the ruskie hasn't read much h of Al Gore's stuff......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jdm953
We need to put more CO2 into the air and stop this coming ice age.We better hurry or we will freeze to death.

You don't understand, global warming will result in an ice age. Glaciation requires snowfall at the poles. Significant polar snowfall requires temperature moderation. Increased greenhouse gasses lead to global warming and result in polar temperature moderation. So, ironically, global warming precipitates an ice age.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'm thinking the ruskie hasn't swallowed much of Al Gore's stuff......
fixt it, mag. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by jdm953

You don't understand, global warming will result in an ice age. Glaciation requires snowfall at the poles. Significant polar snowfall requires temperature moderation. Increased greenhouse gasses lead to global warming and result in polar temperature moderation. So, ironically, global warming precipitates an ice age.

Now explain how all the hot (ok, cold) spells ages ago were caused by man and the need for an auto ban. crazy)

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
An Ice Age is a glacial episode where significant portions of the earth are covered in ice sheets. Glaciation results from the build up of snowfall. It snows and snows. Snow piles up and piles up and piles up. As snow continues to pile up, it compresses and pushes out at its base. The kind of intense snowfall required for glaciation is not possible without warmer temperatures at the poles. The extremely cold polar temperatures of the past 10,000 years or so have prevented this kind of snowfall. Precipitation is dependent on moisture being present in the air. Extremely cold polar temperatures mean very little moisture is present arctic air and thus little arctic snowfall is possible.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
And according to that idiot Democratic senator...if the ice builds up at the poles...the Earth may flip over.

It's a source of great pride to my family that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dan Chamberlain
And according to that idiot Democratic senator...if the ice builds up at the poles...the Earth may flip over.

That sir deserves a posting of the said happening.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
Now explain how all the hot (ok, cold) spells ages ago were caused by man and the need for an auto ban. crazy)

That's another matter not included in my previous posts. That said, my understanding is the oceans are the most significant reducers of atmospheric CO2, with CO2 consuming ocean plants and algae being responsible for the majority of CO2 reduction and O2 production. Debating the factors responsible for decreased presence of CO2 consuming ocean plants and algae is not something that I intended to take on. This process is addressed in a mechanism called the "carbon cycle". I suppose that you could google it if you wanted.

I felt that it was important to point out the counter-intuitive reality of conditions leading to glaciation and set out to do so. If I've failed in my explanation that would certainly be up for debate and within the scope of my comments. Government regulations and the root cause of climate change is outside of this scope.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Dan Chamberlain

That sir deserves a posting of the said happening.

Albeit excruciating to watch, that's one of the most hilarious things that I've seen in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol oligopolies OMFG!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dammmmmmmmittt

Now all the dinosaurs is gonna freeze to death & get extincted

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Only 19 ice ages would seem to suggest a young Earth, no? Not billions of years, but only thousands.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ohhhhhh, who to believe... shocked

I was thinking of upgrading the air conditioning, because of global warming...

and now, according to this ruskie, I may need to upgrade the heating system.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions! crazy

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Only 19 ice ages would seem to suggest a young Earth, no? Not billions of years, but only thousands.

Ice ages are typically extended periods of time lasting millions of years. There have been at least 5 major ice ages, lasting from 2 million years to over 300 million years. These "little ice ages" are another matter.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by achadwick
...Only 19 ice ages would seem to suggest a young Earth, no? Not billions of years, but only thousands.

Only 19 LITTLE Ice Ages that they have been able to map with ice cores and other geological data.

Remember, the "theory" is that the Earth was much hotter for eons before cooling down enough to support life.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Eat more beans....

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i just gassed up the Super Duty. i'm doing my part

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

714 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,144
Posts18,464,952
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.