Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by jdm953
We need to put more CO2 into the air and stop this coming ice age.We better hurry or we will freeze to death.

You don't understand, global warming will result in an ice age. Glaciation requires snowfall at the poles. Significant polar snowfall requires temperature moderation. Increased greenhouse gasses lead to global warming and result in polar temperature moderation. So, ironically, global warming precipitates an ice age.

I'm thinking you don't understand anything but what algore tells you. laugh

Sam......

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Good read from an objective study that analyzes real data, not computer models.

http://business.financialpost.com/2...te-earths-19th-little-ice-age-has-begun/

Only 19 ice ages would seem to suggest a young Earth, no? Not billions of years, but only thousands.

Ice ages are typically extended periods of time lasting millions of years. There have been at least 5 major ice ages, lasting from 2 million years to over 300 million years. These "little ice ages" are another matter.

I guess so, since Vostok ice core carbon samples shows Cycles of about 150,000 years.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/29/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just read Habibullo Abdussamatov's paper and while I'm not currently in a position to respond to it in it's entirety, I did have one thought I will mention. Abdussamatov argues that, "Natural causes play the most important role in climate variations rather than human activity since natural factors are substantially more powerful. Antarctic ice cores provide clear evidence of a close coupling between variations of temperature and the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide during the glacial/interglacial cycles of at least the past 800-thousand years. Analysis of ice cores shows that the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere follows the rise temperatures very closely and lagged warmings by 800±400 years. During the glacial/interglacial cycles the peaks of carbon dioxide concentration have never preceded the warmings. Therefore there is no evidence that carbon dioxide is a major factor in the warming of the Earth now. Considerable changes of the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide always determined by corresponding temperature fluctuations of the World Ocean."

Abdussamatov seems to be arguing too much at once. His article goes to great lengths to align reduced TSI (Total Solar Irradiance) levels with periods of glaciation holding up specific astronomical data a means of mapping certain climate changes. He then veers off course offering arguments against another completely different sort of data, namely that concerning CO2 concentrations in ice core samples. These secondary arguments are largely unsupported and have little or no bearing on his original topic, TSI levels and their relationship to climate change.

As I read Abdussamatov's paper, it occurred to me that, if there were a group of global players who had a vested interest in the continued use of fossil fuels, Russia would be one of them. Further, efforts by them toward propping up any and all arguments against the relationship between fossil fuel consumption and climate change would not be novel.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
But...the earth is only 6000 years old...isn't it?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ringworm
But...the earth is only 6000 years old...isn't it?

Well.... , yea there's that whole issue.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eat more beans!

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (16penny, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 3,274 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,301
Posts18,468,064
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.