Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9723103 03/30/15
J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if those were full tilt loads. smile

One cylinder full of the hard kickers, without gloves, and I'm ready for a stiff drink...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the guys shooting in ties.

Classy.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

Watch #3.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A couple of those jaspers about let it get away from them. Interesting that they didn't bother to put up a clean target for each of them.

Also interesting how many of them got the first round in the black.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

One cylinder full of the hard kickers, without gloves, and I'm ready for a stiff drink...

Yes, full-tilt. We used Federal 300 grain loads.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RWE

Classy.

My apologies for wearing a suit, but I was working when I was asked to participate and bring my .454 down.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Bovine Bullet Test

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Originally Posted by RWE

Classy.

My apologies for wearing a suit, but I was working when I was asked to participate and bring my .454 down.

Actually, Whit, I was dead serious on the suit.

You give an official look to the whole "bout to drop a case a whoopass on a Griz" motif.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haha! Thanks! I did get a sub 2.9 second time a couple of cylinders later, but it wasn't captured on film.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Bovine Bullet Test

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I loaded up some H110 loads and 300gr XTP's for my 7.5" RBH 45 colt, and it didn't take me long to convince myself that if the deer were dying with 50gr Blitz's from a 222 rem, they sure as hell didn't need whole house colt loads....

Good grief those things leave a vibration in the hands...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Done like a boss! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, I'm impressed. Bryce is damn fast with that cannon, and that's well under 10" and all centered.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
nice video and wow!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'd rather be beaten with a stick.

RS

J
jwp475 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 4ager
Okay, I'm impressed. Bryce is damn fast with that cannon, and that's well under 10" and all centered.

It should be noted that Mr Townsley's 454 has a ported barrel that aids considerably in controlling muzzle flip. The FA-83 that the NRA guys are shooting is not ported. I am most impressed with Max Prassac's time of 3.1 seconds without a ported barrel. If fact Max shot for time one more time after filming was complete and posted a 2.9 second time without the aid of a ported barrel.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

It should be noted that Mr Townsley's 454 has a ported barrel that aids considerably in controlling muzzle flip. The FA-83 that the NRA guys are shooting is not ported. I am most impressed with Max Prassac's time of 3.1 seconds without a ported barrel. If fact Max shot for time one more time after filming was complete and posted a 2.9 second time without the aid of a ported barrel.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great shooting Whitworth1 !

I am not certain that in a bear attack, one has 3 seconds to get rounds off, but drilling like that will sure make a guy better than if he/she did not.

More realistic drill might be shooting one handed, while on your back, with one's off hand being ground up in a limb chopper that is resting on your chest crazy

As respects to recoil and getting back on target, I loaded some 325gr heavy loads for a Ruger Blackhawk and took them on my first Brown Bear hunt in AK. Pretty severe recoil and I did not like how I had to re establish my grip in between shots. So, I bought some finger groove grips. New problem, 100% of the recoil now being transferred direct ly to the hands and wrists. I can shoot them OK, but not as fast as the guys in that video.

My new bear country gun is my 329PD with the lock system removed and plugged, all of the various screws - especially the cylinder thumb release screw (I have lost a cylinder release at the range before learning the need for this)- all dabbed with some loc-tite, and Hogue gripper grips from an X Frame S&W. These grips cover the backstrap of the grip and make the gun significantlly more comfortable to shoot.

I CAN get 6 heavy 44 Magnum rounds off quickly now, but it just plain HURTS. 300gr loads from a 23 ounce gun is just a nasty combo. I still consider this to be an ideal set up for me though as if my left hand is inside the fur covered limb shredder, or of said limb shredder is fast approaching, I am pretty sure my adrenaline will be high enough that I will not notice or care about the beating my right hand is taking.

In black bear country, 260gr SWC's backed by 10.0gr of Unique are, IMO, quite sufficient and not only shootable from my 23 ounce gun, but not damaging to it or my hands. Also not overly damaging on small game.

Thanks for posting the video link, it was fun watching OTHER peoples hands take the pounding for a change! grin

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

That Max guy is one steely eyed feller...nice job!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I admire the heck out of Freedom Arms revos, but anything above a .480 Ruger gets to be non-fun, in a hurry. In fact I'd probably load the .480 down some, to say 1200 fps or so, with the big hard casts, when shooting my Super Redhawk smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,912
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.