24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just feel the need to vent after my latest fly reel purchase. I recently was at my local fly shop and decided to purchase 2 new sth cayuga reels. an m and an l just to play around with. The L felt fine other than was setup for rh retrieve never even tried the m. When i went to put line on the m i noticed it was skipping instead of directly engaging the drag system. No instructions on how to change the retrieve. I tried to contact cortland with no response multiple calls and emails. At $100 ea I would definitely have expected quality to be better. With all the reel and line companies out there poor customer service makes it easy to bump a choice off the list. Needless to say no more cortland products coming to my house. On a better note had a great day of fishing on the upper patuxent river here in Maryland thanks pptu you guys are doing amazing things.

Think i need a bigger gun
GB2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At 100 bucks - I'm all over my Konic.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dantheman223wssm
] On a better note had a great day of fishing on the upper patuxent river here in Maryland thanks pptu you guys are doing amazing things.

Glad it worked out for ya! I like the Middle Fork a bit down from there and I'll let you know when we get the trout in. They did put some in last fall but with an 1" of rain today it won't be fishable this weekend. One of the guys did a video of the stocking.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by teal
At 100 bucks - I'm all over my Konic.
I am with you I have a Konic 5/6 size and a bunch of cabelas rls reels that I am very impressed with.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Pugs can't thank you enough you have been a great help to a native maryland traveling trout bum that didn't know anything about fishing his own state

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Finally an email saying they didn't receive my first email but they would be glad to help. Kind of difficult to help if they can't bother answering the phone. Wish my company could run so casually. Also wish more people were in this part of the forum. If there is one thing I can't stand it's poor customer service.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You should've just called the fly shop you bought the reels from...they should know how to setup a reel and retrieve.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
They were not familiar with the reels actually had guy from online repair center that was very helpful. Cortland directed me to a Facebook page for sth reels. No phone number no email. Flipping a gear changed retrieve on LG reel and wiping off excess lube fixed slipping on the other

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I can relate to your frustration. Good CS can cover a lot of ills. It always amazes me that companies don't realize this and hide behind websites and phone trees. My greatest example of stupidity is a company that doesn't have their phone # up front on their web page noooo they hide about 4 screens deep. Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
appreciate it. shame to because really is a decent reel at the price. Hopefully get out this week to let a fish run some drag on it.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to use Cortland Camo mono a lot way back when, but it went to crap.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 767 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.