Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Who spends the last 14 seconds of their life willingly videoing?

Probably someone who could see what was happening and wanted to record evidence just in case it survived and might help bring some consolation to surviving relatives and resolution to investigators.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
BP-B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
What's the flight crew of the A380 with 800+ consist of?

And Opinions when something like this happens to one of them?

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
You can write off Germanwings/Lufthansa!

Not in a million years. Lufthansa is the national airline of Germany and is supported by the German Government.
They have a great record when it comes to flight safety and this one sicko ain't going to bring them down. It's sophomoric to believe that they will go out of business over this.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is another case where a muslim crashed a plane. Islam is not a religion which does not tolerate any other religion. You either join islam or die.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
This is another case where a muslim crashed a plane. Islam is not a religion which does not tolerate any other religion. You either join islam or die.

Where did you come up with that gem?
I'd like to see some proof of that accusation.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by RWE

Probably someone who could see what was happening and wanted to record evidence just in case it survived and might help bring some consolation to surviving relatives and resolution to investigators.

This is what occurred to me as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
People can't seem to get past the idea that some folks go off the rails and kill other folks. There is no way to prevent it, only hope you aren't there when they do go off the rails, or be able to put a bullet in them when they do.

It really is as simple or difficult as that..

Better screening of crews might help, as might always having two people on the flight deck at all times, but at the end of the day, sadly these things can be extremely difficult to predict and/or prevent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Who says the co-pilot was a Muslim?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by RWE

This is what occurred to me as well.

Reports are that it shows the final 14 seconds of people screaming and freaking out from the back of the cabin. Some consolation and/or resolution if that is correct.

I'd like to think its someone with the level of pragmatism to catch some helpful information but I wonder if it could be so.

Unless the person is recording a message to loved ones and just happened to catch everyone else freaking out, they are almost as removed from human interaction as the co-pilot.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Greyghost
What ever might come out of these latest investigations, this time it might have been prevented with going back to a 3 man flight crew or something as simple as having a flight stewardess stay in the cock pit until the pilot returned, anything that put more than a lone pilot in the cockpit.

Phil

In the U.S., you have to have two people in the cockpit at all times (even if one person is just a flight attendant). Not so in Europe. That is one regulation that will be changed as a result of this incident.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad that locked cockpit door worked. Much more effective than doing away with security to enure passengers are disarmed.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Public outraged with Lufthansa CEO after early reports that Germanwings airline pilot or co-pilot was 100% flight ready. Talk now is he the Lufthansa CEO will have to step down even after apology's. And could be that the shuttle Germanwings may not come out of this.

Phil

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Someone with the habit of videoing everything and posting it online.

Ed

Or someone who wanted to tell loved ones I love you and goodbye.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
286 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 1,980 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,821
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.