Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Paul_M Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It must really suck because they are trying to keep what it exactly is from the public. Oh and it's not a deal just an informal understanding. So we drop sanctions and Iran gives up nothing.
http://news.yahoo.com/iran-sees-progress-talks-resume-night-session-082019447--politics.html

LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — Iran and six world powers have agreed on the outlines of an understanding to limit Iran's nuclear programs, officials told The Associated Press Thursday. Negotiations continued on a dispute over how much of it to make public.

The officials spoke outside weeklong talks that have been twice extended past the March 31 deadline in an effort to formulate both a general statement of what has been accomplished and documents describing what needs to be done to meet a June 30 deadline for a final accord.

A news conference was set for later in the day, when the results of the talks were expected to be announced.

European Union foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif were to read out the same statement in English and Farsi. Zarif and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry were then expected to brief reporters separately.

The U.S. and five other countries hope to curb Iran's nuclear technologies that could be used to make weapons. Tehran denies such ambitions but is negotiating because it wants a lifting of economic sanctions imposed over its nuclear program.

Pressured by congressional critics in the U.S. who threaten to impose new sanctions over what they say is a bad emerging deal, the Obama administration is demanding significant public disclosure of agreements and understandings reached at the current round. Iran wants a minimum made public at this point, describing previous two-stage deals as detrimental to their interests, officials say.

The Iranians want any results from talks in the Swiss city of Lausanne described less as a deal and more of an informal understanding.

The officials demanded anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the negotiations publicly.

They spoke after senior diplomats from the six countries negotiating with Iran huddled overnight in strategy sessions meant to advance the pace of agonizingly slow nuclear talks. Iran's foreign minister said the sides were close to a preliminary agreement, but not yet there.

The talks resumed several hours after a flurry of overnight sessions between Kerry and Zarif, and other meetings involving the six powers.

Iran also wants to get rid of sanctions that have stifled its economy. The U.S. and its partners want detailed documents on the steps Iran must take by the end of June on its nuclear program.

As he headed to his own meeting Thursday, Zarif said the talks had made "significant progress." But he said drafts still had to be written.

One problem, said Zarif, was differing voices among the other side at the table — the United States, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany — making it difficult for them "to reach a coordination."

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, who left Lausanne Tuesday, said the two sides were close, the Interfax news agency reported. There are "only a few steps left to take or, in some cases, even-half steps, and some things have already been agreed upon," he said.

But as the talks dragged on, one Western official said early Thursday that they were "at a tough moment and the path forward is really unclear," adding that the idea of breaking talks off over Passover and Easter and resuming them next week had been informally raised. That was confirmed by another official. Neither was authorized to discuss the negotiations publicly, and both demanded anonymity to speak.

The talks — the latest in more than a decade of diplomatic efforts to curb Iran's nuclear prowess — hit the weeklong mark on Thursday, shortly before the State Department announced they would go into double overtime from the March 31 deadline for a political framework.

As the sides bore down on efforts to get a deal, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier canceled a planned visit to Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius was also back, less than a day after leaving the city.

By blowing through self-imposed deadlines, President Barack Obama risks further antagonizing lawmakers in both parties who are poised to take their own action to upend a deal if they determine the administration has been too conciliatory.

The initial response to the extensions from Republicans suggested they already reached that conclusion. "It is clear, the negotiations are not going well," Sens. John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said in a statement. "At every step, the Iranians appear intent on retaining the capacity to achieve a nuclear weapon."

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
With 'Mr. Ed Jr.' involved, you KNOW it's going to be the worst possible 'deal' for the US..

That traitorous pos is just one more that should be in front of a firing squad.. RIGHT next to that other big pos, Jane Fonda..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure it will contain lots of substance. Very constructive.

Seems we can't just simply own up to failure and go home. They're an independent nation and should be able to do whatever inside their own borders. If they step out of line with nukes, the wrath of the world will fall upon them.

We're the only nation of earth that has built nukes and used them.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/02/15.

1Minute
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why do we have to have a deal with them? Why do they need our permission to do something and why is it so important for us to give it?

I don't get it. Why degrade ourselves to get a deal.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm all for Itan getting Nukes. As a matter of fact it should be our bombers and war ships that deliver them...with extreme prejiduce

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The deal should be a simple one: GET RID of all your nuclear, bomb-making capabilities or expect a full blown blockade, sanctions and eventual military action, up to and including invasion. It's called an ultimatum

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm reminded of the negotiation involved when two wolves and a sheep decided what to have for dinner.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The deal should be a simple one: GET RID of all your nuclear, bomb-making capabilities or expect a full blown blockade, sanctions and eventual military action, up to and including invasion. It's called an ultimatum

Never happen. The MIC wants his brethren to have nukes.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
given the fact that iran has supported any number of terrorist groups all over the world that have been killing people most of my life including a lot of americans, no i don't want them to be nuclear equipped.
I think personally the comparison to chamberlain, is spot on for what is coming down the road.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What are the odds that Barry texted Kerry and told him, "I don't give a sshit what you, just get a deal!"?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Too bad. Lifting sanctions will drive oil prices down even further which we don't need.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ironbender
What are the odds that Barry texted Kerry and told him, "I don't give a sshit what you, just get a deal!"?

Pretty fuggin' good

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I'm all for Itan getting Nukes. As a matter of fact it should be our bombers and war ships that deliver them...with extreme prejiduce

Yep.

But, they aren't the only country deserving such... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
If I was President, my condition would of been a little different.

They would actually be pretty simple, either the immediate unconditional surrender of the Iranian nuke program, or we'd use small tactical nuclear weapon to remove their program for them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
If I was President, my condition would of been a little different.

They would actually be pretty simple, either the immediate unconditional surrender of the Iranian nuke program, or we'd use small tactical nuclear weapon to remove their program for them.

Agreed. And let Israel come along for the ride.

"Death to America". Just can't get any clearer than that. Doesn't a death threat justify lethal force?

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Obama and Kerry will strut and crow like they are the saviors of the world for the next two years. Then, when there's a new administration and Iran plops a nuke into Israel, they can both blame whomever is President then for screwing up their perfect deal.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Too bad. Lifting sanctions will drive oil prices down even further which we don't need.

I cannot fathom that thought process!!!

Everything gets hit by higher fuel prices, everything! Does it hit one sector? Sure, but what about EVERY other sector in the economy?

That is the most ridiculous greenie horseshit.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by conrad101st

I cannot fathom that thought process!!!

Everything gets hit by higher fuel prices, everything! Does it hit one sector? Sure, but what about EVERY other sector in the economy?

That is the most ridiculous greenie horseshit.

Actually, the oil business in North America is in serious straits right now because of this. The Saudis are willing to take it in the shorts to drive other oil producers out. Fracking operations are shut down. Unfortunately big equipment manufacturers (one of which I am an employee) are hurting as well as the oil producers buy their equipment. All employee big numbers.

Granted you and I as well as companies that provide goods benefit from lower fuel prices. That helps the economy to a degree, but there needs to be a balance. Not too high and not too low.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 1minute
I'm sure it will contain lots of substance. Very constructive.

Seems we can't just simply own up to failure and go home. They're an independent nation and should be able to do whatever inside their own borders. If they step out of line with nukes, the wrath of the world will fall upon them.
BS

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am sure Kerry has a deal...

1. You can Nuke Israel as long as you don't Nuke US...

2. Make Sure Obama is appointed Emperor of the USA for life...or you will threaten to attack us...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (257 mag, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 2UP, 300jimmy, 35, 14 invisible), 1,357 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.