Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
TiBike Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Guys, hopefully someone can help me out. I want to put my 3" GP100 on the belt of my Kifaru pack(s). Not crazy about chest rigs or their Koala. An easy transition to wearing on my belt without the pack would be a great bonus. I'm not picky about Kydex vs leather vs ?? just want it to work well. Any ideas??

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure who makes a paddle holster for a GP, but if the retainer tab on those is wide enough a paddle will snap over the accessory loop on a Kifaru belt well(assuming you don't have a MOLLE belt)

Wilderness Safepackers will definitely work on your pack belt and can use either the accessory strap or just slide over the belt.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Safepackers are nice, no one will ever know it's carrying a handgun, it just looks like a gear pocket.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't remember if you are able to separate the webbing over the hipbelt on your pack. If you can you can use a regular slotted holster and it is tucked away nicely and held securely in place. I've used my daily leather slotted holster with snapped thumbbreak a lot. I've been using an old Eagle Industries flap holster and seeing how dirty it gets I'd recommend a flap holster if you can find one for the GP.
Here is a link to a thread with a picture. Notice the mag pouch and the mag lite and leatherman case attached to the belt this way.
Camfire thread on big tall packs

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have found that I can wear an empty pancake holster from Simply Rugged just fine under the pack waist belt and even go to sleep with it still on my belt.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i can build whatever you want

mercy triumphs over judgement
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bought one of these, couldn't be happier. I find holsters on pack belts to be a PITA, and when you take off your pack, you take off your pistol. Doesn't work for me. With this holster pack on or off, pistol is still with you. And very comfortable. Give them a look.

http://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/Chest_Holsters.php

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp
Not sure who makes a paddle holster for a GP, but if the retainer tab on those is wide enough a paddle will snap over the accessory loop on a Kifaru belt well(assuming you don't have a MOLLE belt)

Wilderness Safepackers will definitely work on your pack belt and can use either the accessory strap or just slide over the belt.

add $1.09 and it'll get you a cup of coffee, but sure is nice for me to see you posting about "other" stuff

another fan of the Wilderness Safepacker

mom has one for her berry pickin sidearm

good stuff

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,891 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.