Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Those sights don't look too useful with that suppressor attached.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Not at all. Of course it's not really attached either. I just lined them up to see what it would look like.

Doesn't mean I won't have a threaded barrel for it at some point though. grin

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I like the looks of the 43, and I don't even like small pistols....grin.

Maybe the taller suppressor sights for the bigger Glocks will work with the 43 too. I'll bet they will.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Maybe the taller suppressor sights for the bigger Glocks will work with the 43 too. I'll bet they will.

I need to check. I know they make different sights for the 42s though. It's probably the same dovetail, maybe a little narrower on the 42 and 43.

Dawson Precision is right down the road. Might see if they are up to the task.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you shoot with both eyes open it's amazing how your brain can line things up.

Now if you are trying to strike matches with it at 25 yards not so much. Hitting moderately sized targets is no problem.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V

I think the front sights are the same but the rear cutouts are different.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by clark98ut

I need to check. I know they make different sights for the 42s though. It's probably the same dovetail, maybe a little narrower on the 42 and 43.

Dawson Precision is right down the road. Might see if they are up to the task.

Let me know what you find out from Dawson. I'd certainly be interested!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Let me know what you find out from Dawson. I'd certainly be interested!

Dawson said they don't have a 43 on hand, but think it's the same as the 42. Said to bring mine by and they'd check...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I tried my new Glock 43 in a new holster for the Glock 42 at my LGS,and it's just too tight of a fit.
For now, I'll probably just carry my Glock 43 in a pocket holster, untill I see what's available for it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of the guys at the shop, where I work part time bought the first Glock 43 to come in.

I loaned him my 42 for a side by side "shoot out"

After several hundred rounds, he says the 43 fit his hands better and he could "hit" better with it. He did some shooting at 25 yards and was very impressed.

I got on the "list" to buy one, and am third in line when we get more in.

Virgil B.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I handled one at a local shop the other day; I liked it, typical Glock feel, small but not too-small size. Should be a fun little gun.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I have 400 rounds through my 43 so far without any malfunctions what so ever. I plan to put it over the 500 mark tomorrow. Once I get to 1,000 rounds I will give it a good cleaning and start carrying it. The stock plastic sights were replaced with Ameriglo Tritium night sights and I have added Talon rubber grip. The magazines load easier than any Glock magazine I have ever loaded.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will stick with my Shield. I wish it was lighter but I prefer the longer grip where my pinky Isn't hanging off....

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did not think there was any way I would fall for the 43, but it only took about 2 minutes after handling one. The store was gracious enough to allow me to put it in my jeans pocket and draw it. I could not believe how smoothly it drew considering the shape of the slide-not even a hint of snag. It weighs about .6 ounce more than my Sig P938 when both are loaded with 6. It works well with a DeSantis Superfly and a DeSantis Die Hard for an Xds. It is going to be an interesting competition to see what winds up in the pocket more!

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have my name on the waiting list for one.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There are lots of Glock 43's listed on Gunbroker, right now, and prices have finally come down to actual retail.

The bad thing is that nobody has extra mags right now. There are only 2 mags listed right now, on Gunbroker, and both are up to $50 fricken bucks!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/09/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After cleaning and lubricating the gun, I shot about 125 rounds today. I experienced two types of malfunctions.

The first was a number of failures to feed on the ramp with both magazines when charging the gun from slide lock using the slide stop lever. (Before everyone says that is not correct, page 13 of the manual supplied with the gun indicates that this is one method of loading the gun.) The rounds did not begin to enter the chamber, which I thought was weird for round nose ammo. I thought that possibly it was because I load my 115 grain JRN ammo a bit on the long side, although within SAAMI spec. The same ammo has been 100% reliable over about 1500 rounds when loading my Glock 19 this same way. However, it also occurred with both magazines when using factory 124 grain Speer Gold Dots. There were no issues at all using the slingshot method from slide lock, but I did not check that with the Gold Dots.

The second issue was that the magazine either was not seated or unseated itself a couple of times. During one string of fire the magazine unseated itself and the slide closed on an empty chamber. I cannot recall which magazine or what round in the string. Another time, it occurred with the flat bottom magazine. I loaded from slide lock using the slide stop lever. It chambered the top round and then I saw the magazine unseat itself and drop down slightly. This may have been user error. The magazine catch protrudes substantially in the magazine well, so I have a hard time thinking that has an issue. By the same token, there is no way I hit the magazine release with the same thumb used to trip the slide stop lever.

The gun fired and ejected every round it fed. It appears to be accurate. Once I got the hang of the trigger and sights, and did my customary drifting of the rear sight to the right, it was head shot accurate at 50 feet. I found the recoil to be rather mellow.

When I then shot my G19/3, my first thought was “this gun is fat.”

I am expecting everything to work out. The feeding from slide lock could be a break-in issue. The magazine seating issue could have been my fault. I know where I can find a bunch of firearms instructors tomorrow who will gladly burn through a few hundred Blazers and Gold Dots and assist with break in at no expense to me.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Keep us posted on the 43. I'm at 450 rounds without any issues and to be quite honest, I don't expect any now. I made a vow not to carry or clean it until I have 1,000 rounds through it. I have added Ameriglo night sights and the Talon rubber grips.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Did you use the sights for a standard Glock, like for a Model 19 ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
got over 400 rds. through mine 5-6 different brands and weights of ball rounds and 5-6 different brands and weights of hollow points. not one hiccup. all sling shot method of charging.

the 124 federal hst +p are a handfull

FJB
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 18 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,312
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.