-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
have tried the Dyna Bore Coat on their muzzie barrels? I did mine and I CANNOT believe the difference it makes when loading and cleaning. I literally could not load and shoot 3 times before treating, now I can load 25 times. I have been using this in my Reg. rifles for a few years but first time in the front stuffer. Try it and you will be glad you did. And I don't even work for them............

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I did a search and read about the process.

If you could address the following questions that would help me a great deal:Can you share with us where you bought the mixture

and how you applied the mixture?

How about accuracy at the range???

Also I would like to know how many rifles you can do with I mixture???

Now talk about how to prep clean the inside of the barrel before treatment??

THanks
ABLE

I see four more years of economic stagnation and high unemployment if Obama is reelected. He lies every time he opens his mouth. "The GREAT DECEIVER"! Scary prospect.Worst president EVER.
UPS HAS ROTTEN CUSTOMER SERVICE, THIS I HAVE EXPERIENCED

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I use it and it works well. I order it direct and apply with patches or a swab after degreasing with their solvent, acetone, or denatured alcohol. It will do several guns; fewer if you apply with a swab, more if you use patches.

Last edited by KineticPerformance; 04/04/15.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I used it on my Omega, it seemed to help when I was shooting 777
Switched to BH209 and it is a moot point now

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I used it on my Omega, it seemed to help when I was shooting 777
Switched to BH209 and it is a moot point now

Exactly.

The Omega was miserable with 777. Even though I use BH209 I still coat all my guns.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I run pure BP in all my guns, including my inlines. Not only does the UBC make loading much easier, and many more loadings before having to clean it, it also seals the bore to a degree that I didn't think possible.

I hate to admit it, but I forgot to clean one of my MLs after shooting it a couple years ago. The charges were 100 grains of FFg, and it sat for almost three months before I cleaned it. The UBC treated bore showed NO signs of rust, corrosion, or even discoloration and it cleaned out very easily.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 4ager
I run pure BP in all my guns, including my inlines. Not only does the UBC make loading much easier, and many more loadings before having to clean it, it also seals the bore to a degree that I didn't think possible.

I hate to admit it, but I forgot to clean one of my MLs after shooting it a couple years ago. The charges were 100 grains of FFg, and it sat for almost three months before I cleaned it. The UBC treated bore showed NO signs of rust, corrosion, or even discoloration and it cleaned out very easily.

I would imagine this would be a great product for straight BP,Pyrodex and 777. If I prep another Colorado only muzzleloader , I will be sure to do this . Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 4ager

I would imagine this would be a great product for straight BP,Pyrodex and 777. If I prep another Colorado only muzzleloader , I will be sure to do this . Thanks

I have used BP, Pyro, and 777 in my UBC treated MLs, and all have shown the same properties of easier cleaning, easier and more loadings between cleanings, and thus far better corrosion resistance. I only shoot BP now (I've found it far more consistent and stable than Pyro or 777), and treat every ML I get as soon as I get it and get the barrel down to bare metal.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My black powder, muzzle-loader shootin' buddy tried it... and in WORKS as advertised, according to my "bud".

That said, I sorta doubt that the stuff would make much of an improvement in my "groups" 'cause most of the round, patched ball displacement in my flint-lock's and cap-lock's "groups" are probably due to ME and my "old" eyes.

I also think that stuff is a bit too "pricey" for me, but HEY... "Different strokes for different folks"...! grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The new Knights come coated from the factory. I can't say how much difference it makes as it's my first swing at sabots and BH209. I can shoot a lot before things start to get a little sticky, probably from plastic residue.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (22kHornet, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,287
Posts18,467,895
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.