Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I need a new turkey hen decoy that is light, portable, durable and quick to set up. What do I buy?

Thanks, RS

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Montana decoy has a new 3-D hen that is very portable, and pretty realistic IMHO.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The montana is very sweet, but It doesn't beat the Dave smith

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have been running Zink for a few years now and like them.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The Zink LCD for $65 can't be beat for the price. It's not as portable, but it looks better than any portable decoy.

IC B2

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
For lightweight and portable it's hard to beat the foam Feather Flex type decoys. The downside is they don't look as realistic as some others do. But I've seen enough real turkeys walk right up to them and peck one on the head to know that the turkeys don't care.

I have a Dave Smith upright hen and to me it looks awesome. If I was buying a new one today I'd by the LCD hen from Zink. The downside is that they are not lightweight and portable. The upside is they do look good and maybe it makes a difference.

If I'm doing a lot of walking, I still take the foam decoys. But otherwise I take the Dave Smith and a Funky Chicken Jake with me.

Bob.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I bought and use the Avian X breeder decoy last year and the two toms that I arrowed, both fell in love with it, before I put the arrow through them. Very life like. Only downside is it is tough to air up, so I just leave her aired up all season. Of course last year, season lasted all of two days.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
The Zink LCD for $65 can't be beat for the price. It's not as portable, but it looks better than any portable decoy.
+1 I've nodded off for a minute only to open my eyes and think my zinks are real

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My Zink Jake decoy sucks. The stake that holds it up has been broken 2x from Toms jumping on it. grin

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Paul, you can spend a ton on decoys and I've used most everything including stuffers. If you just sit in a blind and portability doesn't matter go big and realistic but for something less expensive that works as good try this:

[Linked Image]

Fairly durable and deflates and rolls into a nice package. I carry a hen and a jake. They have seen terrible things...

Golden............
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
And btw, in case you've never had the pleasure, toting and caring for a stuffer through the woods is akin to managing a small unruly child. laugh

Golden............
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very hard to beat a DSD and I strongly support buying Made in USA.

We all should!

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
My Zink Jake decoy sucks. The stake that holds it up has been broken 2x from Toms jumping on it. grin

Lol, BTDT

My Zink hen was mated on and off for 1.5hrs on Saturday by a jake. It was quite funny. The stake was bent, but still usable. I'm temp using a Xbow arrow for the jake laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ronny, I think I am going to try a different stake too. I was hoping Avian would send me some for free when I told them how good the dekes work, but they still charged me. <GRIN>

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Ronny, I think I am going to try a different stake too. I was hoping Avian would send me some for free when I told them how good the dekes work, but they still charged me. <GRIN>

The carbon xbow bolt with nock removed, vanes cut off, and a old BH with blades removed works pretty well and is tough, but w/o the little cup thingy on top, it doesn't bobble in the wind. Those cheap fiberglass electric fence stakes at tractor supply would work too, but need to figure out something to put on top to let it twirl.

D
D
I saw the reply about Montana decoys, and went to their website; they even have a foldable strutter! Very cool.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 51 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.