Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I used the ignore feature and the post removing my salvation just disappeared.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Whew! That was a close call! I wonder if I can remove some unsightly people from this site that way? Or have my virginity restored? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Won't hurt to try. I see we got another new fine Campfire member. Posted in the big wave thread. I just ignored him but the next time I see him post he will go away from my monitor.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
are more than likely just the collegen in bone

In other words, you haven't read the latest.

given you dont understand basic science i dont think your reading biology papers in scientific journals. I'm enough of a nerd that i do every so often but you arent the type that does, cant see you spending anytime reading bout what you dont even believe in......i havent seen anything newer than 2013 out there officially published on it other than synopsis that havent been reviewed yet which is where the maybe found hemoglobin popped up...yeah it looks like it may be a red blood cell but it sure hasnt come anywhere close to confirmed....and they aint claiming what you think they are....its a reddish brown spot on a slide that has iron in it....its not an actual red blood cell.....may be what used to be one....but is not anything currently recognized as a cell....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dr Schweitzer, who is an evolutionist doesn't agree with your post. It didn't take long to come up with something she wrote. Of course predictably, some evolutionists lost no time in trying to discredit her data. She wrote,

“I had one reviewer tell me that he didn’t care what the data said, he knew that what I was finding wasn’t possible … . I wrote back and said, ‘Well what data would convince you?’ And he said, ‘None.’”

This is not exactly a scientific attitude, would you say?

This reminds me of what Dr. Kindell told me one time. He said the Ph.D scientists and philosopher don't accept God for the same reason the garbage man or the school janitor doesn't. They don't want to submit to a higher authority.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dr. Kindell is an idiot then. Some people really don't see any reason to believe in gods. They're not avoiding having to submit to a higher authority by not believing in Dr. Kindell's god any more than he is refusing to submit to Odin's authority.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
I've ask him to do that before, and he won't do it, because he can't fit real history into his imaginary time line.

Sorry, boys, I thought did that awhile back. I started with the creation and did a little arithmetic from Adam to Noah's Flood. I came up with 1,656 years. Since I did that about thirty years ago I have read many others did the same thing and came up with the same number of years. Abraham is modern history; according to archaeologists I have listened to in lectures. He was born 300 years after the Flood about 2,000 to 2,100 years before Jesus Christ was born. Split the difference and go with 2,050 to make things easy. It's been 2,000 years since Jesus was born. These simple numbers bring us to an age for the universe of about 6,000 years.

I am not dogmatic about the number being 6,000 years, but am certainly dogmatic Scripture is the Key. I would go with a plus or minus of 100 years from the 6,000 without argument.

By the way, there is no verifiable history that goes beyond that.

So the flood was around 4500 years ago?

That would produce a DNA choke point in human DNA and also the DNA of all the species that were on the Ark, but presumably not in things like fish and marine animals ect.
So does such a choke point exist? They do exist in human DNA..For instance “something” happened about 70,000 years ago that reduced the human breeding population to around 15 000 world wide..Scientists have linked it to the eruption of a super volcano in Indonesia and the resulting sudden climatic change..A flood on the biblical scale would cause an even more significant DNA choke point still readable in todays human beings.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Basic little premises here...
# when the ice ace was occouring a vast amount of water was locked up on ice a mile high and down to Virginia and hip to south america.
OK?
Now the ICS was made from water...from water on this planet...meaning the ocean levels were lower than what we see them as now.
So what we think of as the coasts of the continents was much further out and more visible land, including
And masses that are submerged now and land bridges that enabled people to cross to places unaccessible now. Australians probably walked from Polynesian islands.

Now hold that thought.
75-80% of the worlds population has always, ALWAYS, lived on or near the coast.
This is because it offers 3 sources of food, aquatic, surf and land.
So if civilizations that existed before the ice age above the ice lone they would have been wiped out by the massive ice flow.
Civilizations existing below the lone and costal during the ice age would have been flooded and destroyed following the melt.
Just because the planet caught a scrub and rinse does not mean that there was nothing technologically advanced before it.
To the contrary.
There are places that show levels of building skills we can't explain or duplicate.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure where your going with that line of thought..I actually don't disagree with what you say..

However Scientists date the last major glacial "event" as occuring between 100,000 and about 15,000 years ago with its peak around 20,000 years ago..Those figures are from memory so might be a bit out..This "event" is one of many of varying severity that goes back much further and is still occuring today as evidenced by a mini ice age sometime in the Dark Ages..

Incidently Scientists can see a DNA choke point corresponding to that last major glacial event indicating another dramatic drop in the human population.

Regardless of the exact dates of these events, the general figures are still grossly at odds with your 6000 year old creation..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My 6000 year creation date???
You got me confused pal.
I think modern humans existed for millions of years.
I tend to think the mesopotamians were right.
That Gods came here and created us from the earth stock and genetic manipulation as labores and tenders of their farms.
Then when the were done the scrubbed the planet and left.
I think the pyramids are possibly 60k years old.
That Atlantis existed and that christian biblical tales are only as valid as cuniform tablets of creation.
All religious texts are derived from source.
The source is the cuniform tablets that were produced and distributed in UR, the supposed home country of Abraham.
They stories were translated and eventually changed to suit the people who adopted them.
Genesis 6:4King James Version (KJV) There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

[Linked Image]
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm
My 6000 year creation date???
You got me confused pal.
I think modern humans existed for millions of years.

Surely have! My bad, bad mistake..got you confused with Ringman! crazy

Edited to add IIRC, during the creation account in Geneses after creating Adam and Eve, God instructs them to go out and multiply and *replenish* the Earth..

The word *replenish* is very interesting..What were they replenishing? So that had been there previously but was then lost? Or is the word just a quirk of human transcription/translation over the centuries?

Last edited by Pete E; 04/15/15.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Note to self...nuke Wales...
Twice.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by billhilly
Dr. Kindell is an idiot then. Some people really don't see any reason to believe in gods. They're not avoiding having to submit to a higher authority by not believing in Dr. Kindell's god any more than he is refusing to submit to Odin's authority.

This.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
this can't be right the Grand Poopah was only partially petrified when i met him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Exactamundo....

No...wait.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the flood was around 4500 years ago?

That would produce a DNA choke point in human DNA and also the DNA of all the species that were on the Ark, but presumably not in things like fish and marine animals ect.
So does such a choke point exist? They do exist in human DNA..For instance “something” happened about 70,000 years ago that reduced the human breeding population to around 15 000 world wide..Scientists have linked it to the eruption of a super volcano in Indonesia and the resulting sudden climatic change..A flood on the biblical scale would cause an even more significant DNA choke point still readable in todays human beings.

Isn't it interesting a Global Flood predict a choke point and viola! what do we find in observable science? A choke point!

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God instructs them to go out and multiply and *replenish* the Earth..

This is a very poor argument. The Same King James version that uses "replenish" uses the work repent. I asked did the person repenting pent prior to repenting. If you read other literature of the time the King James Bible was translated, you will see the word "replenish" ment fill. The modern American Bibles use the word "fill" in the Very Passage you are referencing.

About the ice age...it is another thing predicted by the Global Flood!

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Here is an interesting article: Adam and Eve genetically speaking

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
this can't be right the Grand Poopah was only partially petrified when i met him.

Which part was petrified? The part that leaves DNA samples?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ingwe, I am patiently awaiting your reply.

Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by ingwe
Somehow the Christians got this thread to spin out of control. If the DNA sample came from the Grand Poobah, don't you think it would just be easier to ask me about it?

Do you remember a sample being taken? Did you "deposit" one and someone snuck behind you and collected it?
Do you even leave samples or are you "full of it"?
Did DNA even exist when you were young? Were you ever young? Can you remember that far back? How long do memories last? Can you radio-carbon date them?
Is your beard a remnant from the last Ice Age?
By God, inquiring minds want to know!
Ed

Ed

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 51 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,329
Posts18,468,550
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.