Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://qz.com/384041/why-black-sout...foreign-africans-but-not-foreign-whites/

Interesting happenings is RSA. Those of you who have never been to RSA, don't get the idea it is not safe to visit and do safari. This is a city thing and a black on black thing.

Since the end of apartheid, Africans from further north have come to RSA looking for jobs. They are attracted by the fact that this country with a sizable White population still functions economically and democratically. Many have come, started working, and are prospering. Sure, some are living in slums and not making it, and that has its own problems, but I find it fascinating that White South Africans have little problems with the blacks coming from Zim or other countries. "They work" I am often told.

During the later apartheid era, the Xhosas especially stopped going to school and made resistance and subterfuge their work. In other words, they made destruction their life's work and had/have no capacity to build and grow, only to sit, point fingers, and demand hand outs. (Sound familiar?).

Durban is getting over to the Zulu area, so KMG or other residents can tell us if this report is accurate, and which contingent is stirring things up. Sounds like an ANC thing to me.

For those that missed the total breakdown into lawless violence that marked the 1980s that the ANC sponsored and fomented, this last part of this reminds me of the period:

"Many ask: “Why is it that a Somali man can run a shop in a township, get raided and beaten up, while a white immigrant in town continues to run a restaurant full of patrons?”
It is this delineation that breeds ground for denial.
While this sentiment may be correct—that the violent expression of xenophobia in South Africa is meted out mainly against African immigrants — it is unhelpful to resolve the crisis that has left many foreign nationals homeless, tortured and dispossessed."

This is what the ANC did to black South Africans during "the struggle". This is why I cannot and will not be a Mandela worshipper. He could have been released from prison long before if he had only agreed to have the ANC renounce violence, but he wouldn't do it. He never would condemn Mugabe for his tribal and racial crimes. It is this history that brings the current situation. It is what they know and it poison to the society.

I'm interested to get a report from some their and interested to see what the future holds for RSA. It's a great place, so good luck.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mandela, a terr by any other name.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I think you boys know my thoughts on Mandela....I got on the receiving end of some of his terrorist lads in the ANC before they renounced violence....( when WAS that anyway....?)
Mandela was a terrorist and a Communist, and those are the nicest things I can say about him.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Wasn't Mandela a Zulu? Not trying to stir up hornets, but I thought he was Zulu.

“Lighten up Francis”
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Xhosa

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mandela was a Xhosa, but more so a terroristic piece of [bleep] that destroyed a thriving South African country. They should have let that turd rot on Robben Island.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by micky
Wasn't Mandela a Zulu? Not trying to stir up hornets, but I thought he was Zulu.

I thought he was a knee gar Communist.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hatari,
Sorry for the late reply. Season is now in full swing, so hardly get time at home anymore.
You have pretty much summed it up. The Zimbabweans really are hard workers. I would go as far as saying that majority of household people here, will look for a Zimbabwean to work for them because of this fact.
Whether it is just their nature, or whether it is because of the situation that they are in the country illegally, so when they get a job they hold on to it, I'm not sure.
BUT, the fact is that they work.
Regarding why they are being attacked, it is about the simple mentality that these "foreigners" are stealing their jobs. I have heard that it is because the Xhosa people know that they cannot match the Zimbabweans for work ethic. How true that is, I'm not sure. It does make sense though.
These radicals that are causing the stir, are from the group that want everything for free, and want to work for nothing.
They were never apart of apartheid, they were only born after those times, yet they feel the most affected. It's a poor excuse from their side for their laziness.
Not sure what the media are reporting on your side, sure they make it out that the entire country is in war. Hardly that. It is single incidents happening in major cities. Bad incidents, no doubt, but single incidents that needs to be addressed.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Mandela, a terr by any other name.

The other name, as I recall, is communist.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
This is pretty much a repeat of happenings during the late 1970's & 80's; the ANC indoctrinated the masses in order to destabilise the government of the time. Most of the individuals involved with this today were either very young back then but most are actually the spawn of those involved in the 70's.

The ANC taught the people to strike, kill & destroy, now that ingrained mindset is coming back to bite them in the backside. They have made promises that are completely unrealistic to achieve & continue to spew the same in order to remain in power. They talk about education but are actually only lowering standards as an eye blind to keep the masses happy, education will see their voter base moving onto other parties.

As to the xenophobic violence; the whole "they are taking our jobs" angle is what the media are punting, a number of people I have spoken too (including my own staff members) have indicated that there is also a general distrust of foreigners due to the high number of them involved in organised crime.

Zimbabweans seem to be the ring leaders in the cash in transit robberies, car-jacking of 4x4 vehicles, mall/bank robberies where larger gangs are involved (military type training & precision used during these robberies).

Nigerians control the drug trade and are also strongly involved in the illegal electronics trade (cellular telephones).

Mozambicans highest occurrence with rhino & elephant poaching as well as home invasions.

A general complaint among many local shop owners is that the foreign owned shops are selling goods cheaper than the local guys can purchase the same goods at wholesale. The reason for this is that many of these shops are fronts for more illicit dealings.

All of these problems are as a direct result of the ANC opening up the borders to please other African states, current estimates are as high as 4 million undocumented Zimbabweans in South Africa (most estimates hover around 2 million), that is almost 10% of the population of South Africa. A news article over the weekend indicated that of the thousands of individuals (mostly Mozambicans) seeking protection in Durban (moved into a stadium & various police stations) 98% are undocumented. Hillbrow in Johannesburg (most densely populated patch in the country) is almost entirely Nigerians, Kenyans & Ethiopians; South Africans won't enter the area for fear of their lives (& this was long before this wave of xenophobic violence).

Long story short, open your borders, illegal migrants enter en-mass, everything goes to [bleep]!

Still an awesome country to visit, just stay out of the hell holes. When you come through give me a shout & we can have a beer/soda!

IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Just to clarify, I not saying that they are all bad, many good people being negatively affected by this. It's just you can't have as much as 20% of the population being illegal migrants & not expect tensions to run high! The government needs to step up to the plate, deport every undocumented immigrant they can catch, close the borders & have a proper vetting process for entry!

Currently illegals that do end up being prosecuted get released after paying an admission of guilt fine (highest amount I've heard of is $300). Few actually get deported!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 7 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,547
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.