Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/1...-california-drought-caused-by-misguided/

Originally Posted by from the article

you’d think the government of California would have included this mathematical certainty in its disaster preparedness planning, but the government has done nothing, not even store rain, as the population has continued to grow.”

Environmentalists have since stopped the construction of water storage and delivery systems through legal and political actions. They have also fought to ensure that captured water is released into streams and the ocean -- rather than the water delivery system -- in order to boost fish populations and dilute the salinity of the delta.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Environmentalists/Liberals continue to phugg up the water here. No phugging brains at all, yet they continue to elect the same azzholes every election cycle. Maybe it would be best if CA fell into the ocean.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76

Environmentalists have --- They have also fought to ensure that captured water is released into streams and the ocean -- rather than the water delivery system -- in order to boost fish populations and dilute the salinity of the delta.

I have no problem with the above IF they get rid of the millions of illegals using up our resources. Oh, and the democrats and non-producing suck off the government tit types.

Salmonella for Head of Fish & Game!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
crazy

water collection and retention should be their biggest issue in the state.

even if this is just a temporary condition, its a crippling situation if/when it occurs.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe this drought will be a wake up call to the CA people...but don't count on it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
water is released into streams and the ocean -- rather than the water delivery system -- in order to boost fish populations and dilute the salinity of the delta.

Ummm...

There's kind of a good reason why diluting the salinity of the delta is important, that has nothing to do with fish populations. You see, if there isn't enough flow through the delta, then hundreds if not thousands of farmers in the delta would be pumping overly saline water into their fields. I'm not a farmer myself, but I've heard that's kind of a bad thing. Biblical sowing of salt and all...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJL53
Environmentalists/Liberals continue to phugg up the water here. No phugging brains at all, yet they continue to elect the same azzholes every election cycle. Maybe it would be best if CA fell into the ocean.

It's not the politician's fault.
The majority of Californians elect leaders that reflect their own values and beliefs.
It's the phugging morons that live here that's the real problem...

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Most of the morooooons are first or second generation, they or their parents have came here from the rest of the states, because Calif. had good weather, jobs or they wante to be movie stars. They created this mess, they didn't create the draught but they damn sure added to it. If California could turn the clock back to before the Dust Bowl, it would be the place to be. The people are still coming and it is going to get worse. ED

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, I've met numerous people that left much more conservative states and moved to California to be with people that "think" like they do.
Like a festering cancerous lesion...it grows until it kills the host.

Proud NRA Life Member
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by eh76

Environmentalists have --- They have also fought to ensure that captured water is released into streams and the ocean -- rather than the water delivery system -- in order to boost fish populations and dilute the salinity of the delta.

I have no problem with the above IF they get rid of the millions of illegals using up our resources. Oh, and the democrats and non-producing suck off the government tit types.

Salmonella for Head of Fish & Game!

Agree - get the non citizens OUT. Then let's see if the state can support the population. California has always been a desert - now it's a desert with millions of people living here....

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KuiLei
water is released into streams and the ocean -- rather than the water delivery system -- in order to boost fish populations and dilute the salinity of the delta.

Ummm...

There's kind of a good reason why diluting the salinity of the delta is important, that has nothing to do with fish populations. You see, if there isn't enough flow through the delta, then hundreds if not thousands of farmers in the delta would be pumping overly saline water into their fields. I'm not a farmer myself, but I've heard that's kind of a bad thing. Biblical sowing of salt and all...

This is correct. Sucking all the water out of the rivers isn't the answer. Neither is sucking it all out of the aquifer. But increased storage capacity doesn't necessarily mean either must follow. Bad planning and ignoring reality bites.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by RJL53

It's not the politician's fault.
The majority of Californians elect leaders that reflect their own values and beliefs.
It's the phugging morons that live here that's the real problem...

People, too many people, ilegalls, millions from other states who migrated here. Damming up the rivers so we can pump more water for LA and Central Valley Farmers so they can sell their nuts and rice all over the country, is not worth killing off the rivers of life.
The farmers and the parasites in LA could care less if the last hundred salmon float under the Golden Gate out to sea, belly up, they just want their's. Stop immigration to CA, both ilegal and legal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the only conclusion you can arrive at, is that liberals in power, State as well as Federal, have been working hard for years, to destroy America.
We are seeing the fruits of their labor now.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_s_s
Most of the morooooons are first or second generation, they or their parents have came here from the rest of the states, because Calif. had good weather, jobs or they wante to be movie stars. They created this mess, they didn't create the draught but they damn sure added to it. If California could turn the clock back to before the Dust Bowl, it would be the place to be. The people are still coming and it is going to get worse. ED

...California is a garden of Eden,
a Paradise to live in or to see,
but believe it or not,
you won't find it so hot,
if you ain't got the dough-re-mi!...

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Lake Shasta is the states largest resevour. It was built in the 30s and 40s to keep salt water intrusion out of the Sacramento River during times of low flows. Ag has signed on to pay for the non funded part of the lake, while the funded part is payed for with tax dollars. The funded part is for the public and in the last ten years the environmentalist have carved out a large chunk of that water for delta and fish issues. In a short period the environmentalist have drastically reduced the size of the water pie.

To add insult to injury these environmentalist are the same groups that have held the state hostage as far as any new water storage projects are concerned. They seem to find plenty of uses for CA water, and then they tell everyone else to conserve.

The worst offender in this whole movement just might be the NRSDC National Resourse Defence Council. This group is led by a bunch of environmental lawyers and they seem to be compleatly economically driven.

These ass holes litigate litigate litigate and offer no real solution to the problem. In short they are just agitators and use the environment as their cover.
~

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Sorry for the rant, but this [bleep] gets old.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Barkof yes I am a farmer and water does butter my side of the bread, I'm also a fisherman. I fish the Sac for strippers,trout, and sometimes salmon oh and shad. Hell I care about the fish but man has jacked with the environment so much I don't think either knows which end is up. Dam are in place and this has altered nature now we use these dams to further alter the environment, when maybe just maybe what we try to fix was caused by us planting a fish that wasn't native. This is in reference to fixing salmon problems with water when the problem might be stipper predation on the migrating smolt.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Farming
Lake Shasta is the states largest resevour. It was built in the 30s and 40s to keep salt water intrusion out of the Sacramento River during times of low flows. Ag has signed on to pay for the non funded part of the lake, while the funded part is payed for with tax dollars. The funded part is for the public and in the last ten years the environmentalist have carved out a large chunk of that water for delta and fish issues. In a short period the environmentalist have drastically reduced the size of the water pie.

To add insult to injury these environmentalist are the same groups that have held the state hostage as far as any new water storage projects are concerned. They seem to find plenty of uses for CA water, and then they tell everyone else to conserve.

The worst offender in this whole movement just might be the NRSDC National Resourse Defence Council. This group is led by a bunch of environmental lawyers and they seem to be compleatly economically driven.

These ass holes litigate litigate litigate and offer no real solution to the problem. In short they are just agitators and use the environment as their cover.
~

You are well informed on the state of water in California. Especially the financial damage caused by the interference of the NRDC and the Sierra Club. They are not conservation organizations anymore. They are self perpetuating law firms begging for donations.

Even in good water years there isn't enough to meet all filed Water Rights. The only practical additional water storage is to raise the Shasta Dam, and to recharge the various aquifers. Intelligent water allocation is a neccesity. Cities have the votes to get whatever water they need. Agribusiness is going to have to adjust.

No water will be imported from the Klamath River. That's only magical thinking on a few people's part. Governor Brown's water diversion tunnels proposal for the Delta are quite literally "pipe dreams". There is no money for it. Nor will Congress agree to Ah Pah Dam even if it's entirely funded by California.

The Delta Smelt is essentially extinct in the Sacramento Delta. The only healthy populations are in large aquariums. Whether any Salmon and Steelhead runs can survive this drought is debatable. Those issues will likely go away on their own. But the outflow of the Delta does need to be maintained to prevent saltwater intrusion. And that water comes from Shasta and Oroville dams. If not then the California Aqueduct will send no water South, and the Delta's farms will go out of production.

On a national scale consider that their is a chance, or a probability, that California will be transfered to Mexico. The State history is of encouraging illegal aliens to migrate and stay. Illegals and Mexican-Americans will soon enough be the State majority. Soon California may revert back to Mexico. For two reasons. The desire by Democrats for votes lead to a policy to prevent deporting illegals. And the greedy desire of agribusiness for cheaper farm labor causing the scraping of the Bracero temporary farm worker program in 1964. Get used to the idea of Mexico as a mexican State, Americans...

Last edited by idahoguy101; 04/16/15.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I agree that Orville and Shasta will help keep salt intrusion out just as they were designed to. The states finite water supply used to last 4-7 years now it's 2-3. I think if the state is willing to allow growth it should make allowances for water. Hell if a new subdivision goes in they mitigate for schools, fire dept, and police. Why not water.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Southern California, where most of the people live, has always been a desert. Northern California has never been a desert, well it might end up one if we keep sending our water south. Ed

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.