Print Thread
Hop To
D
dkhnt Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Can anyone tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly about these triggers? Other than the high price I've been told that once you shoot a Huber, you'll throw everything else away?

Is there anyone with any experience with this trigger?

Your life is made of two dates and a dash. Make the most of the dash.

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one on a Husqvarna. It's going to the gunsmith next week. The trigger has started firing when it is released rather than when it is pulled….most of the time. Probably just an adjustment, but I don't work on triggers. I let the pros do that.

Harry
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My gunsmith talked me through the adjustment of the Huber trigger. The over travel screw needed to be backed off a turn. It works slick as a ribbon now. The trigger is really easy to adjust and I found some instructions on the Huber site, that were as clear as you could want, that verified the adjustment that I made.

I'm still going to let my gunsmith check it out next week, but I am confident that it is working as it is supposed to now.

Harry
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just received a single stage and two stage Huber last week. They told me I could switch one out if I found I preferred one over the other.

I have dry fired them and they seem quite nice. I plan to go to the range next week and try them out

Michael Jordan once told me that no one likes name droppers.

I would like to give a shout out to sidewalks for keeping me off the streets
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
$400 for a Remington trigger...I'll just buy two Jewells and be happy. powdr

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
+1 or 2 grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
one of the guys from what used to be LWRCI had a 260 at the range about a year-ish ago with a huber trigger.

that thing was really frackin sweet....but for 4 bills, i think i'll stick with an old style (pre x-mark) 700 trigger and spend the rest on components....keep the 2-stagers to my ARs, and the bolt guns on singles.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I have had Jewell HVR triggers and prefer the feel of the Huber 2 Stage.

To me the Jewell triggers are a bit too clinical and I like to take my aim with the finger putting pressure on the trigger. The crisp 2 stage allows this, the crisp, light single stage does not.

My early one was a bit temperamental with the safety, but return to Mr Huber for a service fixed that problem (it was a very early model). I will be buying more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone brought a Mosin Nagant to me with a Huber trigger installed.

Who ever designed it did not understand the real limitations of Mosin Nagant trigger and sear/trigger spring system.

http://huberconcepts.com/product/mosin-nagant-trigger/

I can understand mistakes..... but to sell them?
They did not do a test and find out their product made no improvement?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been less than impressed w/ the one on my Arisaka. Mine is an early one, that I found on clearance for $75. It was worth a $75 gamble, but I wouldn't gamble with $400 - too rich for my blood.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I would love to see instructions for adjustment. I normally adjust all of my triggers but have been led to believe by Huber that it's some kind of black art that only clairvoyant rocket scientists can accomplish. Maybe I'll just dive in...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
123 members (32_20fan, 338reddog, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,458 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,893
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.