Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have been scoring .22 mag fairly regularly. Its has been very scarce but it is letting up some.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A nearby Academy has had limited supplies, been picking up a couple of 100 round boxes each visit for a couple of months now. Haven't fired any yet. It is Winchester Varmint and Small game. 100 rounds were $7 or $8 IIRC.

Was in a big gunshop in Smyrna last week and they had tons of Norma 22's, about $8/50, but it is advertised as target ammo.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I checked the local Walmart an hour ago. Score!

[Linked Image]

The Auto-Match was $18.97 a box and the Mini-Mags were $7.47.
[Linked Image]

On Tuesday, some Hornady bullets showed up. It's a good start.
[Linked Image]

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd love to find some mini-mags... I have a couple semi auto handguns that really love the mini-mag but they are non-existent locally and I never find them in stock online.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
A week ago Saturday, I stopped in at KY Gun Company's storefront, and bought 1000 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag HPs, but two bricks were the limit.

Happy to find them, they shoot well in ALL my various rimfires, though not the BEST in any of them. First HPs I'd seen in several years, at that.

I have Federal Auto Match I picked up last fall, and a couple of the Winchester 555s, too. I'm not hurting for anything except .22 Shorts, which I need for an old gallery gun I have.

I found one box of 100 CCI .22 Short HP's. If you need them, they're yours. Just PM me your address.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I am going to buy two bricks each week until I retire in five years.
I am buying Federal Champion 525 round bricks for 17.88.
I figure that I can reload most other types of ammo.
My real concern is that one of the Justices of the Supreme Court are going to die before OBAMMY moves out of the White House and into a holiday inn.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I haven't seen 22 for sale in over 3 years, glad I saw it coming before that Negro got elected.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have been in two different Bass Pro shops, a Gander Mountain, and two Dick Sporting goods stores recently. No .22 LR in any of them.

I don't even bother to look in a Wally World any more.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 04/17/15.

Sam......

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tjm10025
- the ones that haunt Walmart like trolls -

There's 3 of them that haunt all 3 of the Walmart's around here on days that they know 22 ammo is coming in (still haven't figured out how they know). There is a guy that has started posting that info on a local gun site here (he won't tell how he knows, either), and last weekend he posted that one of them would have the 1,000 round boxes of M-22 the next morning. I was having trouble sleeping that night anyway, so about 1AM I decided I'll show those sonsabitches. I got dressed, grabbed a Clive Cussler book I hadn't read yet, and headed out to camp out at the Sporting Goods counter. 2 of them came ambling in about 4AM, saw me, and gave me a look that would strip paint. I just smiled at them, and they got pissed & left. That made it worth it right there. About 5AM, a couple other semi-regulars started coming in, with 3 or 4 more over the next couple hours. They brought the ammo out at 7AM, and I was the 1st one in line. They only had 2 boxes, so I bought both of them.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Son bought 2-325 bricks at DFW Cabela's for $19.00/box. There was a limit of 1 per customer. He and his wife bought one each.

Jim

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Yup, We old [bleep] don't know chit and are totally [bleep] worthless. There should be an app for that.

Hell, Swifty, you aren't one of those pre-dawn Walmart guys, are you? Shame on you, if you are.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One call and the ammo man has 10,000 rounds. What shortage?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Yup, We old [bleep] don't know chit and are totally [bleep] worthless. There should be an app for that.

Hell, Swifty, you aren't one of those pre-dawn Walmart guys, are you? Shame on you, if you are.

Have no need, still shooting on the 6 flats of 525 packs I bought back in 07 at 79.95 a flat. Only time I have shot 22LR in the last 6 years is when the grand kids want to shoot. Teaching the youngest 2 this year.

Swifty
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Good for you.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We get them here frequently... but this area is still full of both hoarders, and then also the tin foil hat types stocking up for the 'Big One'....like they are going to hold off the Feds doing the Randy Weaver- Ruby Ridge thing, with their 10/22s and the Walmart and BiMart 22 LR ammo...

I know a few spots I can get all I want... at $100 a box...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

In 10 years or so, a lot of these boomer hoarders - the ones that haunt Walmart like trolls - are going to start dying off and their kids are going to open up their garages and see pallets of collapsing cardboard boxes filled with .22 lr and we'll hear cries across the land of "WTF are we going to do with all this chidt?"

There are going to be some great estate auctions.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

In 10 years or so, a lot of these boomer hoarders - the ones that haunt Walmart like trolls - are going to start dying off and their kids are going to open up their garages and see pallets of collapsing cardboard boxes filled with .22 lr and we'll hear cries across the land of "WTF are we going to do with all this chidt?"

Ah, the assumptions of youth. One of these ol "boomer" types might have thought of that. If you have a back hoe, you take it with you in the hole, and then you youngins don't get it then either. Works for firearms too.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/18/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
One of the things about being a boomer hoarder, is looking ahead and thus one doesn't run into times of scarcity.
I was looking at a brick of target .22 made by winchester yesterday, perfectly fine stuff, made probably in the 60's.
I got to shoot the older stuff first.
I think i am going to burn some tomorrow.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was looking at some old ammo boxes on-line.
Your 50-60s .22 box may be worth as much as
the ammo.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Bobcape
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
A week ago Saturday, I stopped in at KY Gun Company's storefront, and bought 1000 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag HPs, but two bricks were the limit.

Happy to find them, they shoot well in ALL my various rimfires, though not the BEST in any of them. First HPs I'd seen in several years, at that.

I have Federal Auto Match I picked up last fall, and a couple of the Winchester 555s, too. I'm not hurting for anything except .22 Shorts, which I need for an old gallery gun I have.

I found one box of 100 CCI .22 Short HP's. If you need them, they're yours. Just PM me your address.

Bob

I DO appreciate the offer, but I don't really shoot that old Remington M24 much, so I'm set for awhile. It is iron-sight-only, and my eyes don't agree to play along crazy .

Again, thanks for the offer. Next time I get up that direction, I'll buy you a cup of coffee or something.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,901
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.