Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by 700LH
Right or wrong isn't always decided because some one wrote a rule or law, nor does putting on a uniform make one right.

So you are thinking cops should enforce only the laws they agree with?

Real simple for me, and I could care less if anyone else agrees or not,
but,,
If any of those people arresting that woman worked under me, every one would be looking for employment in the near future.

Last edited by 700LH; 04/18/15.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by 700LH
Right or wrong isn't always decided because some one wrote a rule or law, nor does putting on a uniform make one right.

So you are thinking cops should enforce only the laws they agree with?

That's not what he's saying.

Right or wrong is often unsaid.....but you should know it when you see it.

Are you saying the SS had to round up Jews and throw them in rail cars?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties

My opinion, the police should have take the flag with assurances given that it would be disposed of in a proper manner, then arrested anyone seen walking on the flag in the video along with those that placed it on the ground.

She gonna be a rich bitch when this is all said and done.... smile

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by walt501
1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

My opinion, the police should have take the flag with assurances given that it would be disposed of in a proper manner, then arrested anyone seen walking on the flag in the video along with those that placed it on the ground.

This 100%

Nuff Said

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by walt501

I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court shot this down shortly after it was enacted. They based their opinion on the First Amendment. -tnscouter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suspect the Police would have acted a little more "creatively" and still remained within the law, but with people filming their every action, it puts them under pressure to act completely by the book..

Although I am not an American, I so say hats off to the women who stood up to be counted though..

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Watch the video again. The negro with the hat on sideways,,, that's the one I want to kick in the side of the head.

Remove the white girl, leave the cops and the negros and replace white girl with dynamite. This land need a great purging!

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rost495
Why don't the cops do their duty and protect the flag? IIRC there are some things you are not allowed to do to our flag.

I didn't watch more than a few mintues... but it does seem very typical. Unfortunately.

Because their oath is to the Constitution, not the flag, and there is this little thing in the Constitution called the First Amendment that protect the freedom of speech.

I'm not aware of anything in the Constitution that allows one citizen to confiscate the property of another citizen and burn it because they disagree with the manner in which the other person is exercising their First Amendment rights.
I believe the founders wrote exactly what they meant in the Constitution. One of the tactics of the left is to expand the meaning/connotation of words to suit their own philosophy, and to diminish/obfuscate other words or statements (like the second amendment) to do the same. In this case, freedom of speech is expanded to include something called freedom of expression. This is not speech, and neither is burning a flag. In this age, people do not craft written documents as they once did. Legal writing is specific, to be sure, but the craft shows itself in the clear simplicity and eloquence of the written communication seen in documents from the past. Done well, art looks easy. The result, is that the Constitution means just what it says - no more, no less. If a right says freedom of speech, it means speech. If a right shall not be infringed, it shall not be infringed, period. This is what I believe.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
If and when SHTF "THEY" will be in deep trouble.
Originally Posted by BigNate
This woman deserves accolades! NBN all over. I'm sick of it. When SHTF where are they gonna be? Stealing & looting 'cause they think they'll get away with it. This is just one more demonstration of low lives causing problems. Porch Monkeys.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pashooter
If and when SHTF "THEY" will be in deep trouble.
Originally Posted by BigNate
This woman deserves accolades! NBN all over. I'm sick of it. When SHTF where are they gonna be? Stealing & looting 'cause they think they'll get away with it. This is just one more demonstration of low lives causing problems. Porch Monkeys.

There wouldn't be a lot of stealing and looting in my neighborhood.. more like runnin' and dyin' while trying to figure out where that hole in their chest came from.

Most of my neighbors that I'm friends with are not simply armed.. they are heavily armed. And, I've done my best to help and enable with that. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I live about an hour or so from Valdosta. Those folks are lucky they didn't get shot, given our culture down this way. We don't generally put up with that crap down this way.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you ax me, your First Amendment rights STOP when you are desecrating the US flag. Your "rights" via speech or actions can continue, but not when you are violating federal law with your treatment of the flag.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by rost495
Why don't the cops do their duty and protect the flag? IIRC there are some things you are not allowed to do to our flag.

I didn't watch more than a few mintues... but it does seem very typical. Unfortunately.

Because their oath is to the Constitution, not the flag, and there is this little thing in the Constitution called the First Amendment that protect the freedom of speech.

I'm not aware of anything in the Constitution that allows one citizen to confiscate the property of another citizen and burn it because they disagree with the manner in which the other person is exercising their First Amendment rights.
I believe the founders wrote exactly what they meant in the Constitution. One of the tactics of the left is to expand the meaning/connotation of words to suit their own philosophy, and to diminish/obfuscate other words or statements (like the second amendment) to do the same. In this case, freedom of speech is expanded to include something called freedom of expression. This is not speech, and neither is burning a flag. In this age, people do not craft written documents as they once did. Legal writing is specific, to be sure, but the craft shows itself in the clear simplicity and eloquence of the written communication seen in documents from the past. Done well, art looks easy. The result, is that the Constitution means just what it says - no more, no less. If a right says freedom of speech, it means speech. If a right shall not be infringed, it shall not be infringed, period. This is what I believe.

Really?

So the protections against unreasonable search and seizure only apply to your "papers", and not to your computer or cell phone?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
If you ax me, your First Amendment rights STOP when you are desecrating the US flag. Your "rights" via speech or actions can continue, but not when you are violating federal law with your treatment of the flag.

That law was struck down by the Supreme Court, so they were not violating any standing law.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like they are displaying it properly.

[Linked Image]

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Call me wishy washy, but the difference between how you write something down or how you store your thoughts, be it hard copy or cyber, is not a large one. The difference between speech and action is. Just my opinion.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by benchman
Call me wishy washy, but the difference between how you write something down or how you store your thoughts, be it hard copy or cyber, is not a large one. The difference between speech and action is. Just my opinion.

Your statement highlights the difference between "Original Intent", and "Original Words".

It's a big distinction a lot of folks don't get.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

That law was struck down by the Supreme Court, so they were not violating any standing law.
The very same court that said the ACA was okey-dokey by them....

What does all that tell us??

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
A: If she would have let the police have the flag she would not have been arrested.
B: IIRC SCOTUS has shot down flag protection under the 1st amendment. (I disagree with many of their decisions)
C: I would like to go full "Buford Pusser" on the azzhats defacing the flag but if I do I should be willing to face the music. Obviously the brave gal is willing to do so.
Just my 2¢.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 41 invisible), 1,781 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,614
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.