Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Tell me where I'm wrong.

And try not to take a half page. It's not that complicated.

Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by 65BR
For North American game excluding big bears.

Is there anything it does that a say 270 or similar, smaller caliber, lighter recoiling rifle will not do?

What say you?

Still waiting. If you're implying that the 125 grain .30 caliber bullet is no good for hunting, or that the .270 can shoot as wide a range of bullets as the '06, you'd be wrong.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tell me where I'm wrong.

Is there anything it does that a say 270 or similar, smaller caliber, lighter recoiling rifle will not do?

What say you?

Still waiting. If you're implying that the 125 grain .30 caliber bullet is no good for hunting, or that the .270 can shoot as wide a range of bullets as the '06, you'd be wrong.

You just cant seem to comprehend the op question can you?
He did not ask which had the most Facroey loads or bullets.
BUT since you insist Look at either Speer,Barnes,Hornady,Nosler,etc and I bet there is ENOUGH different bu;;ets weights and construction in .277 to satisfy anyone.
Sorry it took almost half a page but you just catch on sooo SLOW.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My opinion is just that and probably worth less. Since this site exists on broadstrokes and at the same time slices a molecule wide, I'll hazard an opine.

It's a little heavy for all up to very big deer; about right for most elk hunting, and always practical.

I have recommended it to the one-gun Hunter who wants to include elk.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tell me where I'm wrong.

What say you?

And no I am not implying that the 125 grain out of an 06 is not any good for big game hunting.
I am Saying that MOST would not choose that weight in a cup and core for generalized deer hunting much less larger.
WHO CARES if there is more 30 caliber bullets? There is enough in other calibers AND that wasn,t the op Question !

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You just cant seem to comprehend the op question can you?
He did not ask which had the most Facroey loads or bullets.
BUT since you insist Look at either Speer,Barnes,Hornady,Nosler,etc and I bet there is ENOUGH different bu;;ets weights and construction in .277 to satisfy anyone.
Sorry it took almost half a page but you just catch on sooo SLOW.

Well, I don't recall talking about "Facroey loads," or "bu;;ets weights" but I do find it hilarious when a guy who doesn't know a proper noun when he sees it, can't spell, and can't use punctuation questions my comprehension.

Is that your final answer?

And I don't recall talking about how many bullet weights it would take to "satisfy anyone." That's subjective, I was just dealing with facts. And the fact is, the '06 is more versatile than the .270 in that it can and does handle a wider variety of bullet weights.

So let's try to stick to the facts.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Again smokespoles the OP question is not about my use or knowledge of proper nouns,my spelling or punctuation.
Nor did he ask if the 30-06 is a more versatile catridge than any other cartridge.
And that IS a fact.
I suppose that when you read the OP question you SUBJECTIVELY read into the question what you THINK he is asking instead of reading what it actually says ?
Reading is fundamental.
Comprehension Helps

How about YOU stick to the facts

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How about you tell me where I'm wrong?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

What say you?

Here ya go,once again.
And the Answer is,especially concerning the 270 Winchester is
NO

So your answer about more bullet availability,Light bullets in the 06 BLAH BLAH is correct!
However it doesn,t make any difference as there are more than enough bullets and Loads for a wide variety of calibers that will accomplish the things the 06 does on the game the op mentioned with less recoil.
Which is EXACTLY what the op asked.
YOU could say that 16 ounces is a pound and you WOULD BE RIGHT
BUT that is not answering the op question !

Last edited by bcraig; 04/26/15.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So your answer about more bullet availability,Light bullets in the 06 BLAH BLAH is correct!

My answer was correct alright, but I said nothing about bullet availability, or "Light bullets" in the '06.

What I said was, the '06 handles a wider variety of bullet weights. I know that's a lot for you to keep track of, but try to keep up.

And if you want to talk about "BLAH BLAH," go back and look at the length of your posts, and compare them to mine.

The BLAH BLAH is all yours, chief.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Avoirdupois or Troy? grin

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

My answer was correct alright, but I said nothing about bullet availability, or "Light bullets" in the '06.

What I said was, the '06 handles a wider variety of bullet weights. I know that's a lot for you to keep track of, but try to keep up

And if you want to talk about "BLAH BLAH," go back and look at the length of your posts, and compare them to mine.

The BLAH BLAH is all yours, chief.

You seem to be obsessed wit being "right"
AND either your memory is shot to chit or you are a liar as you post that use of the lighter bullets in the 06 would lessen the recoil.

My post are longer than yours in an effort to get accros to you what the op asked and not your bullchit that the op did not ask for.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by battue

Avoirdupois or Troy? grin

LOL
Common usage

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

What say you?

If you reload, it can handle a wider range of bullets, from 110-220 grains. Loading 110s or 125s makes recoil a non-issue.

Oh and here is the post about the lighter bullets in the 06 that you seem to be having trouble remembering

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You seem to be obsessed wit being "right"
AND either your memory is shot to chit or you are a liar as you post that use of the lighter bullets in the 06 would lessen the recoil.

You seem to be obsessed with coming off like an idiot. And you're damn good at it.

I know what I posted. But thanks for repeating it. It's still right.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
IF you know what you posted then WHY try to say you did not say anything about lighter bullets in the 06 ?

AND even though it was not the OP question
SINCE you mentioned the Wider range of bullets for the 06
85,90,100,110,130,140,150,165,180 grains in the 270
A wide enough range of bullets for ya ?

Last edited by bcraig; 04/26/15.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Why is alot of the post concerned with 30-06 recoil? When did humans become such pu$$ies that a 180gr bullet out of a 30-06 is just too much recoil. People has become weak, I shoot 208gr amax's almost exclusively in my sporter TC Venture 24" with no brake. If the 30-06 is too much then you probably squat to piss or to damn old to be shootin. Suck it up!!!
My little 130 lbs wife shoots my 30-06 with hot 178 Amax loads and doesn't say "oh it kicks too hard" people used to cut timber with cross cut saws and hunted with 30-06's with metal butt plates, they moved mountains with a pick and wheel barrel. Now were just fuggin weak, its pretty pathetic....

Last edited by logdog; 04/26/15.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Those light 270 bullets have poor BCs and SDs, nobody uses those....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just like the light .30 Cal. bullets.

smile

The Tea Party Movement is pretty much the same as a bowel movement except that it smells worse and has far less in the way of intelligent content.
--DancesWithGuns
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by logdog
Why is alot of the post concerned with 30-06 recoil? When did humans become such pu$$ies that a 180gr bullet out of a 30-06 is just too much recoil. People has become weak, I shoot 208gr amax's almost exclusively in my sporter TC Venture 24" with no brake. If the 30-06 is too much then you probably squat to piss or to damn old to be shootin. Suck it up!!!
My little 130 lbs wife shoots my 30-06 with hot 178 Amax loads and doesn't say "oh it kicks too hard" people used to cut timber with cross cut saws and hunted with 30-06's with metal butt plates, they moved mountains with a pick and wheel barrel. Now were just fuggin weak, its pretty pathetic....

So I take it your still using a cross cut saw instead of a more efficient chain saw?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DancesWithGuns
Just like the light .30 Cal. bullets.

smile

Exactly

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

631 members (1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 71 invisible), 2,054 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,933
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.