Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
Damn, that hurt.

One of two things are true. 1) there are lots of nerve endings there, or....2) I'm a puzzy....

There's more nerve endings in your index fingertip than there are in your dick. Yeah, it hurts!!

Table saws are a sonofabitch. I've seen more traumatic finger amputations due to table saws than any other 3 tools combined (radial arm saws were worse, but they're not so common any more). I got to the point where my own table saw had become a bench with my MEC shotshell reloader mounted on it.

Glad you didn't lose your fingers, Don!

P.S. Take the pain-killers.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn, that hurt.

One of two things are true. 1) there are lots of nerve endings there, or....2) I'm a puzzy....

uh I'm voting #1 and I don't even need to phone a friend

most of us have really mashed or burnt a finger tip, we've all lived through it, but I'd say there's very few of us that weren't aware of the plethora of nerves housed in the ends of our digits while doing so.

hope you hair over fast Don, that sucks, but glad you still got all your digits

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sure cant fit that in the left nostril.....

[Linked Image]

No, but some women are going to be very happy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ouch, Don. That's nasty. We might have to nickname you kerf or pushstick.

I've been fortunate that nothing like that has happened to me, yet. I started working for a family friend at 13, building patio furniture from treated lumber and building decks. Lots of planing, ripping and cross cutting, routering and dadoing of wood.

The bosses son, who was a couple years older than me, worked there sometimes too and was rabbeting out some mating sections for a rocking chair and got the idea to chuck a router bit up in the drill press and crank the speed up to remove the material faster than making dozens of half depth saw cuts and finishing with a chisel.

It worked really well, too. He was making a clean job of it until the router bit caught a knot in the wood and dragged the wood and hand through the bit. Mangled the chit out of his first 3 fingers, it did. A bunch of surgeries, some stainless pins a couple months later and he was back to work, a smarter and more cautious young man.

Hope it heals up quickly and cleanly for you.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I guess I'm just not fully attuned to the Campfire even now.

If it were me, I wouldn't have even thought to take close-ups of the cleaned wound before it was sewed up. grin

he did have the camera around his neck on a string.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by fluffy
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I guess I'm just not fully attuned to the Campfire even now.

If it were me, I wouldn't have even thought to take close-ups of the cleaned wound before it was sewed up. grin

You'd be amazed at how many people now take pictures of their mangled body parts before, during, and after I sew them up. I think it's pretty cool, actually. Educating the community on how to not do stupid schidt is how I look at it.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fluffy

funny thing, that.... I don't know how to use the fartsmone camera. In fact, I don't know anything about the phone, except to talk and text and email. I carry a point and shoot.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That hurts looking at it. I am glad to see you are still fully digitized. I am guessing that they gave you a script for something that warns you to not get pregnant or operate heavy machinery.

I have to pop over to the predator forum and see what you shot today.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
So far that never happened to me , even been a carpenter for 34 yrs. I shot myself twice though. One time with a spike in the forearm and a 2" staple in the wrist. I just pulled both right out. Both times I said it doesn't even hurt. Then 5 minutes later my whole arm was sore as can be. Never been cut from a blade except one time a skill saw kicked back and it cut my knee pads, stopping it before it hit skin.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
tablesaw bit me

Don:

That's a pretty lame excuse. What were you really doing? laugh

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Damn, that hurt.

They are both true! shocked
At least it wasn't your trigger finger!

Don, you gonna make it to the campfire gathering this year?

Last edited by colodog; 04/19/15. Reason: add comment

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Table saw, the most dangerous tool on a jobsite. Been bit once (worse than yours by a fair bit), I don't plan on that again... happy your outcome was a digit-intact one.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Don,

Best wishes for your healing and a strong recovery.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Brad
Table saw, the most dangerous tool on a jobsite.

They don't even have to be plugged in. I slipped on a wet stair with mine and broke 3 bones in my back.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Know a guy that was loading one out of a job trailer, and hadn't dropped the blade. He slipped and put his palm/wrist into the blade, damn close to hitting his radial artery, which could have been a light's out affair.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
coundn't beat the meat for a month.

[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Doesn't anybody own one of those table saws that stop when you put a hotdog on the blade?

I saw that advertised years ago on TV and when I went to Lowes to buy one they didn't have any.

One good thing, though. I can use my table saw to cut hotdogs.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hope you are keeping that hand higher than your head.

After Katrina i was doing some framing for my Grandfather's house and the trigger messed up on the nail gun,it double tapped and put 2 16 penny nails in my left ring and index fingers.

There was a red cross station not far from the house so i went there to get them pulled out.
They have never seen it before and i thought one of the gals there was going out for the count.
They asked me if it hurt much and i told them i had about 45 minutes before i would feel like crying out and saying some colorful words.
Went to the or and the doc cleaned it up and all was fine except that while waiting for the x-rays to come back the nails got cold.
he came in and i was blowing on my hand and he thought it was weird.After i told him about the cold he understood.
He did ask if he could take some pictures of them to show around but i did not mind.

But what really made me mad was him cutting the brand new elkskin glove off.
Those cost good money.

Heal up.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ouch stx, that's not a near miss, that's a dang near got them all!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
done that, too....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

if you look close, the little piece of skin from the exit, is still stuck to the point.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.