-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
casting pearls before swine, Doc. Anyone that would be of that mindset is beyond gentle persuasion, or logic.

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Doc, a noble effort on your part and well written. I too was incensed at the comments by the antis...but I hate to admit that you can never underestimate the stupidity of people, and I just can;'t put the effort into trying.
Little do these azzhats know that in his work and in his life Ian did more for elephant conservation than ALL of them put together...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ingwe

Little do these azzhats know that in his work and in his life Ian did more for elephant conservation than ALL of them put together...

Poobah, that's what I'm talking about!!

When my sister called me, she said she'd shown my post to a couple of her friends, who were genuinely sorry they'd "liked" the original post after reading my response. Deb (my sister) suggested I tone down my original language, because she said it would put off people who would otherwise be interested and willing to learn more. I realized she was right, and edited my post to be less judgmental (I admit my original language was not conciliatory), and she's now "shared" it on her Facebook page and is getting overwhelmingly positive responses.

The point she made, and rightly so, is that these people aren't stupid, and they're not prejudiced. They are merely ignorant of the truth... and unless someone offers to show them the truth in a reasonable, non-confrontational manner, they're not going to become knowledgeable.

I have to give my sister credit for opening my eyes to the possibilities here. Before I talked to her, I was much more of a mind to agree with Steelhead about the futility of the exercise... but now I'm willing to give it a shot.

I'm up to my armpits in other work at present, but I'm going to get some research and planning done, and I think I'm going to use my safari to Zimbabwe in August as the material to launch the site. I've got some ideas that I feel really good about.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Give 'em hell Doc! grin

I wish you the best in this endeavor.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How the [bleep] does someone LIKE a post about a person's death? Again, they aren't ignorant, they are stupid k unts.

They will change with the wind in a moment, but I wish you luck.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks, Scott.

Actually, a Facebook "like" does not necessarily mean someone supports an article or post... but it's the only response Facebook allows. You can't "dislike". You can only "like", "share", or write a comment. This means there's a lot of room for discussion with people who lack sufficient information.

It's because of the narrow options of Facebook and other social media that I'm looking at starting a webpage OFF Facebook. Webpages have much greater bandwidth, both in terms of the internet and people's minds.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If moderates were teachable they wouldn't be moderates.

You can talk until you're blue in the face to those freaks. They're still going to vote against you.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well done, Doc.

Go for it!

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's probably a shot worth taking.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope you don't mind Doc but I copied/pasted your post with the following comment, "I didn't write this but if you take the time to read it, it might show you another perspective on big game hunting in Africa", on the Facebook page of a liberal friend who posted the story of Mr. Gibson's death as if it was a good thing. I doubt if it will sway any of their opinions but I will never apologize for speaking up for the truth. Thanks for posting.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by milespatton
Honestly...
I got bored 4 lines into your extraneous post and I was interested in the subject matter.

If you got bored with that post, then you get bored way too easy. It was a great, well written post. miles

Agreed - very well written and not boring in the least. As to the rest of it, I tend to agree with some others here that there's alot more than ignorance involved to respond to another's death as some of those FB responders did. I dont have words to describe how I feel about those folks mad

Doc - I wish you the best in future efforts to reach out to others on this subject. I for one, look forward to reading more from you...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seen a few threads on this forum rejoicing in/wishing for the deaths of others. Interesting...

Doc,

I just don't see the point in starting a 'hunting' blog for 'non hunters'? Do you really think most will read it? My boss is not a hunter and doesn't really understand why others do...but he is most definitely NOT anti-hunting or anti-gun. He for sure wouldn't be on the web looking for pro hunting defense claims or bother reading one if it came across his radar. He is a non Hunter so he doesn't care....

Your post was well written but I think the idea just might be chasing the wind...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bump

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Great post and well written. I only wish it were posted alone without the 'postamble' so i could copy and email it to friends.

PS, Barry and i found the fish and froze some for use in a couple weekends. We missed you.

Last edited by eyeball; 04/19/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Quote, edit, post, email.

Sean
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I hope you don't mind Doc but I copied/pasted your post with the following comment, "I didn't write this but if you take the time to read it, it might show you another perspective on big game hunting in Africa", on the Facebook page of a liberal friend who posted the story of Mr. Gibson's death as if it was a good thing. I doubt if it will sway any of their opinions but I will never apologize for speaking up for the truth. Thanks for posting.

Many are suseptible to the positive attributes of people risk7ng life and limb in an effort to feed starving Africans, after all, it is the 'in thing' for enlightened Americans.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Quote, edit, post, email.

Will do, as should you. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gawd you're a mess Scott, but I pretty much like you just the way you are

and I wish you were wrong more often too pard, for all our sakes

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

thanks for doing something Doc

you're a good man

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well done, Doc!

We must never give up efforts to educate those that have the will and open-mindedness to learn.

Of course we know we won't ever sway the anti-hunting faction from their hate filled beliefs. The main target with efforts like this are the fence sitters that don't know any different perspectives. other than the malignant hatred and lies posted by the antis.

An effort like this is never in vain, if even a few of the fence sitters start to open their eyes and use their brains. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.