Print Thread
Hop To
#9784516 04/19/15
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hey, I know you've been asked this before. Are you payin’ too much for cole slaw or mock cabbage products?

Yeah, you probably are. But don't give up on yummy, sliced green vegetables soaked in tasty dressing just yet! Come on down to Kerry’s Slaw Palace for a heapin’ helpin’ of your favourite cabbage or mock cabbage salads!

We don’t sell our slaw in tiny Styrofoam cups. We don't buy off shore, blah tastin', commercially made salad either. We use all natural, locally obtained ingredients, cut and mix everything in house, and sell it by the bucket! No more high priced salads from chicken houses or dirty chip wagons!

From as little as .29 cents a pound, you can be drownin’ in slaw by supper!

With almost five kinds of slaw, we’re the region’s number one manufacturer and retailer of cabbage side dishes.

Bring your own bucket, or clean one of ours and save even more! We're Kerry’s Slaw Palace! Just off exit 32, beside the crematorium.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Steve, you sound like a man who knows just exactly how good slaw's SUPPOSED to taste, and from your sales record, it seems many agree. FWIW, here's a recipe I picked up from an old river rat buddy of mine down here in the Georgia swamps, where folks DEMAND good eats, and the wheat quickly gets separated from the chaff.

I like my slaw cut fine, and use a Cold Steel kitchen knife to do it. Add in enough finely sliced onions about 1" or so long, then a little bell pepper finely diced, some carrots roughly grated, about 1/2 tsp. sugar to a table sized bowl of slaw, about 1/4 to 1/5 cup milk (whole or whatever ya' like), mayo to taste with a dab or two of yellow mustard, a little salt (very little for my taste) and some fine ground black pepper and plenty of sweet salad cubed pickles. Options include paprika, garlic powder, ground cayenne or chili pepper, or whatever strikes ya' at th' moment as interesting. As you can tell, I cook (or like to think that I do?) like Justin Wilson - I see what's in the fridge and go from there, trusting my instincts and sense of smell a lot, as well as my imagination. But that recipe for slaw comes from a friend's wife who is one of the best and most consistently good cooks I know. Goes great with fried fish, a basic sacrament here in the Southland. From the looks of your recipes, I think I'd really like to spend a few days sampling your wares! Sure looks good! And I don't say that kind of thing unless I really MEAN it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1234, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 280fan, 222Sako, 40 invisible), 2,709 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,925
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.