Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
...The new one is sitting quite a bit lower than where his "old" kidneys sit.

Tell him not to worry about that. At 71, a lot of my stuff is sitting quite a bit lower than it used to.

Glad this worked out for him and his cousin.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sherri - I just saw this. I'd forgotten his surgery date.
He and you have my prayers. Vicky also has my prayers, and I will ask a special blessing for one who gave so freely!
My absolute best wishes are with you both.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pal
...The new one is sitting quite a bit lower than where his "old" kidneys sit.

Tell him not to worry about that. At 71, a lot of my stuff is sitting quite a bit lower than it used to.

Glad this worked out for him and his cousin.

laugh Thanks for a good laugh.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Sherri - I just saw this. I'd forgotten his surgery date.
He and you have my prayers. Vicky also has my prayers, and I will ask a special blessing for one who gave so freely!
My absolute best wishes are with you both.

Mark

Thank you, Mark! Things went so well for Vicki that she was discharged today. She and her husband will stay in our RV until Mark is discharged, and possibly longer, as she will need to see the surgeon and get lab work on Monday.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Yes, praying right now for a good outcome. Lots of praying people here to support you.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PastorDan
Yes, praying right now for a good outcome. Lots of praying people here to support you.

Amen. We so appreciate every prayer and every supportive reply/contact. We have a wonderful family as well. We believe in the power of prayer and know God has a plan.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The good news put a real smile on my ugly mug. Still praying for them both.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Any idea when they're going to transplant a conscious? Will you keep us in touch?

You are definitely in my prayers there Rauncho Bozo....

When you make it to the hospital they will cease...

please keep us posted...

did you ever consider the fact, that YOU are in desperate need of a conscience?

Naw, Guess not... YOU are too full of yourself, to possess or process a rational thought...

Have a good day tomorrow... Jack

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No need for your prayers, captain..

Just keep patrolling the local walmart, keeping everyone safe in the make-believe Shefire world.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
right,

usually the trx surgeon will position the 'new' kidney down lower into the rim of the pelvis. This will cradle the dangling and also provide shielding from impacts

thus, that dovetails back into my previous cautioning about returning to eval knieval motorcycle or super dave stuntman stuff.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
No need for your prayers, captain..

Just keep patrolling the local walmart, keeping everyone safe in the make-believe Shefire world.

Keep trying there RB,
ya can't strike out from the Bench there Rauncho Bozo....

If I lived in a make believe world.... first on the list, is YOU wouldn't be such a Scheisskopf and Horse's Azzzz....

But I can't wait for the day, you end up in Mark's position...and then the forum members can return your sarcasm right back into your lap...where it belongs...

have a great day there Jack...

PS, Glad you found my message first thing this morning... its almost like you were trolling and looking for it..

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
right,

usually the trx surgeon will position the 'new' kidney down lower into the rim of the pelvis. This will cradle the dangling and also provide shielding from impacts

thus, that dovetails back into my previous cautioning about returning to eval knieval motorcycle or super dave stuntman stuff.

Yes, I couldn't agree more.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Mark is being discharged from Virginia Mason. We are waiting for our ride back to the RV Park. He continues to heal well. The staff provided a good education regarding medicines, etc.

We'll be going in 3x a week to the clinic for lab work over the next 3-4 weeks so they can get his medications adjusted. He has a long road ahead, but he has a new lease on life so the miracle continues.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers! God has answered in a big way and we are so grateful.

In His loving grip,
Sherri

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Prayers will continue, Sherri.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Mark is being discharged from Virginia Mason. We are waiting for our ride back to the RV Park. He continues to heal well. The staff provided a good education regarding medicines, etc.

We'll be going in 3x a week to the clinic for lab work over the next 3-4 weeks so they can get his medications adjusted. He has a long road ahead, but he has a new lease on life so the miracle continues.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers! God has answered in a big way and we are so grateful.

In His loving grip,
Sherri

Sounds like everything is on schedule and running well! You should now be so tired a 2-week vacation wouldn't help. My wife had it harder than me during my TX.

Prayers will continue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sherri,

Just spoke with Lars and Brenda and they have been keeping us up to date. Glad to hear Mark is doing well. I'll be over in a week or so and will contact you about stopping by.

Please PM me your cell number.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Sherri,

Just spoke with Lars and Brenda and they have been keeping us up to date. Glad to hear Mark is doing well. I'll be over in a week or so and will contact you about stopping by.

Please PM me your cell number.

Hi David!
It's great to hear from you, and to know that Lars/Brenda are keeping you in the loop. We would love to have you over for a visit! We hope Lars and Brenda can come at some point. We have had 4 days in a row of sunny weather here in Seattle. This must be a record smile

Mark's sister catches her flight back to California early in the a.m. Vicki has her last appointment in the afternoon tomorrow and then they head back to Post Falls. Mark's parents are here and have their own motorhome.

~Sherri

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Glad to hear you're both doing well.
Prayer of thanks sent.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you Mark,

One of the first things we did was offer prayers of thanks to God following the surgery.

We go in for the labs and 2 appointments tomorrow so I'm going to call it a day. It's going to feel sooooo good to be in our own bed and to be able to shower again! Sponge baths help, but it's just not the same.

~Sherri

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

In His loving grip,
Sherri

Sounds like everything is on schedule and running well! You should now be so tired a 2-week vacation wouldn't help. My wife had it harder than me during my TX.

Prayers will continue.

I'm grateful for FMLA at work, but it's no vacation smile

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

575 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,301
Posts18,449,049
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.