Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
GuyM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Contemplating a hunt for interior grizzly to mark my 60th birthday next spring. Figured I'd better get on this while I'm still in good shape. Am an experienced black bear spot & stalk hunter, but grizzly will be new to me.

Recommendations re area and/or guides?

Yes, am also torn about the big coastal brownies with Phil... I've seen a BUNCH of them while fly fishing the incredible silver salmon run near Cordova over the years.

Alaska is a relatively short hop for me, coming from Washington State. Have .375, will travel.

Thanks, Guy

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Timothy Treadwell is the AK expert on grizzly interiors...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PM sent.

Signed,

Not a smart azz (like the previous poster wink )

…at least not this time.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A good friend of mine is a guide for an outfit in western AK. He has put clients on some very nice bears, and he will go the extra mile to make it happen. I will PM you the website for the company he works for.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
what does a hunt like that go for any one knows ?

Taxidermist / Wildlife Artist
http://www.westernwildlifeartinc.com/

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Peanuts. 4 or 5 solid gold ones will do. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GuyM
Contemplating a hunt for interior grizzly to mark my 60th birthday next spring. Figured I'd better get on this while I'm still in good shape. Am an experienced black bear spot & stalk hunter, but grizzly will be new to me.

Recommendations re area and/or guides?

Yes, am also torn about the big coastal brownies with Phil... I've seen a BUNCH of them while fly fishing the incredible silver salmon run near Cordova over the years.

Alaska is a relatively short hop for me, coming from Washington State. Have .375, will travel.

Thanks, Guy

Jake Jefferson is another good one good guy. He got out of guiding for a year or two and went back to guiding this year.

http://alaska-bearhunting.com/

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's good to hear that Jake is back in the bear guiding business. He's a solid dude and is a helluva bear hunter as well.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A man wakes up one morning in Alaska to find a bear on his roof. So he looks in the yellow pages and sure enough, there's an ad for 'Bear Removers.' He calls the number, and the bear remover says he'll be over in 30 minutes.

The bear remover arrives, and gets out of his van. He's got a ladder, a baseball bat, a shotgun and a mean old pit bull.

'What are you going to do,' the homeowner asks?

'I'm going to put this ladder up against the roof, and then I'm going to go up there and knock the bear off the roof with this baseball bat. When the bear falls off, the pit bull is trained to grab his testicles and not let go. The bear will then be subdued enough for me to put him in the cage in the back of the van.'

He hands the shotgun to the homeowner.

'What's the shotgun for?' asks the homeowner.

'If the bear knocks me off the roof, shoot the dog.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Bear Hunter

A group of men go up into the mountains to go bear hunting. The first morning out, Bill goes out on his own. He comes to a clearing on a hill overlooking a field and sees a bear slowly strolling across the field. He gets the bear in his sites and fires. He then looks all around, but he can't find the bear.

All of a sudden, he feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns around, and there's the bear. The bear knocks the gun out of his hands, and Bill stands there shaking in his boots.

The bear yells at him, saying he's sick and tired of being shot at and gives Bill an ultimatum. The bear tells him that he can either drop to his knees and blow him, or the bear will eat his face.

Bill immediately drops to his knees and obliges the bear. The bear walks away contented and Bill find his way back to the cabin.

The next morning, Bill takes an even bigger gun with him and goes to the same place he saw the bear before. And sure enough, there was the bear strolling across the field again. Bill gets all excited, gets the bear in his sites and shoots! He looks all around, but there is no bear. All of a sudden he feels a tap on his shoulder again. He turns around, and, surprise, there's the bear. The bear looks at him, knocks the gun out of his hand, and says,''You know the routine.''

Bill drops to his knees and obliges the bear again. When he's done, the bear walks away smoking a cigarette and Bill stumbles back to his cabin.

Bill is all pissed off now. He grabs the biggest gun he can find and heads to the same spot again. And sure enough, there is the bear strolling across the field again. He gets the bear in his sites, and says to himself, ''Now this bear's gonna [bleep]' get it!'' He pulls the trigger and, "Ka-BOOM!" He looks all over again, but no bear. Then, just as before, he feels the same tap at his shoulder. He turns around, there's the bear standing there with a big smirk on his face. He looks down at Bill and says, ''You're not in this for the hunting are you?'''

Steelhead

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And it bears three-peating! Might be a couple puns there!

Testing editing feature...

Last edited by Sitka deer; 04/27/15.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know why it posted 3 times, too late to delete them now.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ahhh negative. You have 24 hours to edit or delete posts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why does it keep telling me "This post may no longer be deleted" on all 3 of them?

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are right... used to be we had 24 hours to edit and that included deleting. You can still edit your posts and say something clever! wink

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I think once it has been replied to, it cannot be dumped.

I'm sure you had a Seahawk fart to post the 'three-pete'.

Yeah, that's the reason. Book it!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
PM headed your way...

G
GuyM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Why does it keep telling me "This post may no longer be deleted" on all 3 of them?

I just figured it was Really, Really, Really important for you to post that info! grin

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

This is likely to be a "once in a lifetime" hunt for me. I've contacted one outfitter/guide recently, but still looking for info.

Guy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GuyM
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

I just figured it was Really, Really, Really important for you to post that info! grin

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

This is likely to be a "once in a lifetime" hunt for me. I've contacted one outfitter/guide recently, but still looking for info.

Guy

I hope it helped you then. lol

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

This thread is worthless without bear pictures (2011 Talkeetnas).

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

627 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,245
Posts18,447,994
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.