Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
What A Bunch Of Bullshit! WTF are we doing?

The family of the convicted marathon bomber is in America, on your tax dollars, and survivors are outraged after learning the news.

As of Thursday, family members of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have been staying at the Hampton Inn in Revere under very tight security, just one of the things tax dollars are paying for. FOX25's Sharman Sacchetti investigated how much this trip is costing you.

Sources say these family members are being called as witnesses and not only that, at least three agencies are working around the clock to protect and transport them. This is all part of the defense team's strategy to save Tsarnaev. While it's unclear when their flight started, we know the last part of it came through Amsterdam and landed at Logan Airport and cost nearly $2,500 per person.

The cost to put them up at the Hampton Inn at the government rate: almost $200 per night, per person. And a source says at least three agencies, the FBI, US Marshal's and Revere Police are involved in constant protection.

“I think you're probably talking about $100,000 plus in that neighborhood in terms of security and out of pocket costs associated with travel,” former US attorney Michael Sullivan said.

And that's just for this trip.

Lawyer fees or even what all witnesses during the trial cost is still unclear. One defense witness, Mark Spencer of Arsenal Consulting, charged $375 per hour and billing taxpayers for $150,000.

Governor Charlie Baker said, “It's a federal trial, it's a federal case, the feds ultimately need to make the decisions about this.”

Baker was non-committal about how resources are being used, even state ones.

Sullivan told Sacchetti that while he understands taxpayer outrage, the whole point is to make sure it's done right.

“The court wants to make sure that at the end of the day, the defendant gets a fair trial and would not want to add any potential issues on appeal in the penalty phase, prosecutors finished making their case yesterday,” he said.

Marathon survivor Marc Fucarile reached out to us Friday night, reacting to this news, saying that he's outraged that Tsarnaev's family's expenses are being paid for when "myself and some of the other survivors and our families have to pay for our own parking at court, lunch, and we were told that if the trial was moved out of state, we'd have to pay for our own travel and lodging, there."

The statement went on to say: "Why should our country pay for them when that family committed a violent act against our country? Not to mention, all of the free government services this family previously enjoyed on the backs of the taxpayers including government assistance and a free ride to UMass Dartmouth. In contrast, I was denied housing assistance I sought after the bombings, even though I needed a handicapped accessible apartment, and my wife lost her job as a result of the events."
He ended by saying he feels badly for the taxpayers that have to pay for this after they were so generous to all the survivors and the One Fund.

The defense team is up next. And the penalty phase picks up again Monday.

Bullshit Link.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The insanity of liberalism knows no bounds.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The accused has the right to call witnesses. It's in that little thing we call the Constitution.

What's your solution?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Shot dead where he lay in the boat?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
+1 on las post, could never understand why he wasn't.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gunswizard
+1 on las post, could never understand why he wasn't.

Because we strive to be a nation of laws, not me, and that's now how we do things.

Besides, if we had shot him in front of the camera's his terrorist family would get millions of dollars in the settlement they could then use to fund more taking of american lives.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/25/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
His family needs to consider this a last "vacation on our nickel" before they deport their sorry asses to meet up with their dead son back in the ME, after we kill him for terrorism.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
His family needs to consider this a last "vacation on our nickel" before they deport their sorry asses to meet up with their dead son back in the ME, after we kill him for terrorism.

This is certainly a case for speeding up, and limiting the appeals process, and sending him to Utah for the final event.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Because we strive to be a nation of laws,

I thought you lived in Colorado or Wyoming. But now I know you live in the state of confusion. Maybe you would be so kind as to name one government official who "strives to be a nation of laws."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Because we strive to be a nation of laws,

I thought you lived in Colorado or Wyoming. But now I know you live in the state of confusion. Maybe you would be so kind as to name one government official who "strives to be a nation of laws."

Notice, I didn't say we had achieved it.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The accused has the right to call witnesses. It's in that little thing we call the Constitution.

What's your solution?

The Tsarnaev family should be allowed to testify all they want, ON THEIR OWN DIME.

MOLON LABE
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Anaconda

What's your solution?

The Tsarnaev family should be allowed to testify all they want, ON THEIR OWN DIME.

Extend that to all cases, and tell me how that's conducive to a Fair Trial, or do you not believe this individual has the right to a fail trail before we execute him?

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I believe EVERYONE has the right to a fair trial.

Tsarnaev has already had a fair trial, and been found guilty.

What evidence can family members from out of the country supply ?
If they helped him plan the attacks, they should be arrested and put on trial them selves. If they knew nothing about it, then this is nothing but a free vacation.

MOLON LABE
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Anaconda
I believe EVERYONE has the right to a fair trial.

Tsarnaev has already had a fair trial, and been found guilty.

What evidence can family members from out of the country supply ?
If they helped him plan the attacks, they should be arrested and put on trial them selves. If they knew nothing about it, then this is nothing but a free vacation.

He was a good boy, he's misunderstood, his brother was the bad one....all that crap. I say let them bring it, it's just eliminated one more possible reason for appeal on is way to the needle. An appeal that would cost more then the plane tickets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What's your solution?

If these were his witnesses, they were also his accomplices.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeoW

What's your solution?

If these were his witnesses, they were also his accomplices.

If they were, get a warrant and arrest them while they are on US soil.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Justice isn't always pretty, but it's what we must do.
Sure, there are those here who would presume to decide who deserves a fair trial and sentencing. but that's not a weight any of us should bear.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I look forward to seeing the crying faces on the family. Pity the mother of the surviving savage won't be one of them. She faces arrest if she steps back onto American soil, for failing to appear on a shoplifting charge. What a classy family. I am hoping hard the jury does the right thing and decides to put this dog down. Defense starts on Monday. Pity for the misguided fellow? Like that they had for the kids and adults they killed and the hundreds they maimed? I think not.

The FBI has moved the family of savages from their previous gov't footed residence already, BTW. Something about security concerns. Whatever.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What's your solution?

He can call all the witnesses he wants. I think the issue is who has to pay for them. I don't see anything requiring taxpayer funded penalty phase witnesses in the Constitution.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

What's your solution?

He can call all the witnesses he wants. I think the issue is who has to pay for them. I don't see anything requiring taxpayer funded penalty phase witnesses in the Constitution.

Do you want a one tiered or two tiered justice system?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,308
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.