Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
What A Bunch Of Bullshit! WTF are we doing?

The family of the convicted marathon bomber is in America, on your tax dollars, and survivors are outraged after learning the news.

As of Thursday, family members of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have been staying at the Hampton Inn in Revere under very tight security, just one of the things tax dollars are paying for. FOX25's Sharman Sacchetti investigated how much this trip is costing you.

Sources say these family members are being called as witnesses and not only that, at least three agencies are working around the clock to protect and transport them. This is all part of the defense team's strategy to save Tsarnaev. While it's unclear when their flight started, we know the last part of it came through Amsterdam and landed at Logan Airport and cost nearly $2,500 per person.

The cost to put them up at the Hampton Inn at the government rate: almost $200 per night, per person. And a source says at least three agencies, the FBI, US Marshal's and Revere Police are involved in constant protection.

“I think you're probably talking about $100,000 plus in that neighborhood in terms of security and out of pocket costs associated with travel,” former US attorney Michael Sullivan said.

And that's just for this trip.

Lawyer fees or even what all witnesses during the trial cost is still unclear. One defense witness, Mark Spencer of Arsenal Consulting, charged $375 per hour and billing taxpayers for $150,000.

Governor Charlie Baker said, “It's a federal trial, it's a federal case, the feds ultimately need to make the decisions about this.”

Baker was non-committal about how resources are being used, even state ones.

Sullivan told Sacchetti that while he understands taxpayer outrage, the whole point is to make sure it's done right.

“The court wants to make sure that at the end of the day, the defendant gets a fair trial and would not want to add any potential issues on appeal in the penalty phase, prosecutors finished making their case yesterday,” he said.

Marathon survivor Marc Fucarile reached out to us Friday night, reacting to this news, saying that he's outraged that Tsarnaev's family's expenses are being paid for when "myself and some of the other survivors and our families have to pay for our own parking at court, lunch, and we were told that if the trial was moved out of state, we'd have to pay for our own travel and lodging, there."

The statement went on to say: "Why should our country pay for them when that family committed a violent act against our country? Not to mention, all of the free government services this family previously enjoyed on the backs of the taxpayers including government assistance and a free ride to UMass Dartmouth. In contrast, I was denied housing assistance I sought after the bombings, even though I needed a handicapped accessible apartment, and my wife lost her job as a result of the events."
He ended by saying he feels badly for the taxpayers that have to pay for this after they were so generous to all the survivors and the One Fund.

The defense team is up next. And the penalty phase picks up again Monday.

Bullshit Link.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

BP-B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The insanity of liberalism knows no bounds.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The accused has the right to call witnesses. It's in that little thing we call the Constitution.

What's your solution?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Shot dead where he lay in the boat?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
+1 on las post, could never understand why he wasn't.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gunswizard
+1 on las post, could never understand why he wasn't.

Because we strive to be a nation of laws, not me, and that's now how we do things.

Besides, if we had shot him in front of the camera's his terrorist family would get millions of dollars in the settlement they could then use to fund more taking of american lives.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/25/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
His family needs to consider this a last "vacation on our nickel" before they deport their sorry asses to meet up with their dead son back in the ME, after we kill him for terrorism.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
His family needs to consider this a last "vacation on our nickel" before they deport their sorry asses to meet up with their dead son back in the ME, after we kill him for terrorism.

This is certainly a case for speeding up, and limiting the appeals process, and sending him to Utah for the final event.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because we strive to be a nation of laws,

I thought you lived in Colorado or Wyoming. But now I know you live in the state of confusion. Maybe you would be so kind as to name one government official who "strives to be a nation of laws."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Because we strive to be a nation of laws,

I thought you lived in Colorado or Wyoming. But now I know you live in the state of confusion. Maybe you would be so kind as to name one government official who "strives to be a nation of laws."

Notice, I didn't say we had achieved it.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The accused has the right to call witnesses. It's in that little thing we call the Constitution.

What's your solution?

The Tsarnaev family should be allowed to testify all they want, ON THEIR OWN DIME.

MOLON LABE
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Anaconda

What's your solution?

The Tsarnaev family should be allowed to testify all they want, ON THEIR OWN DIME.

Extend that to all cases, and tell me how that's conducive to a Fair Trial, or do you not believe this individual has the right to a fail trail before we execute him?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I believe EVERYONE has the right to a fair trial.

Tsarnaev has already had a fair trial, and been found guilty.

What evidence can family members from out of the country supply ?
If they helped him plan the attacks, they should be arrested and put on trial them selves. If they knew nothing about it, then this is nothing but a free vacation.

MOLON LABE
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Anaconda
I believe EVERYONE has the right to a fair trial.

Tsarnaev has already had a fair trial, and been found guilty.

What evidence can family members from out of the country supply ?
If they helped him plan the attacks, they should be arrested and put on trial them selves. If they knew nothing about it, then this is nothing but a free vacation.

He was a good boy, he's misunderstood, his brother was the bad one....all that crap. I say let them bring it, it's just eliminated one more possible reason for appeal on is way to the needle. An appeal that would cost more then the plane tickets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What's your solution?

If these were his witnesses, they were also his accomplices.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeoW

What's your solution?

If these were his witnesses, they were also his accomplices.

If they were, get a warrant and arrest them while they are on US soil.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Justice isn't always pretty, but it's what we must do.
Sure, there are those here who would presume to decide who deserves a fair trial and sentencing. but that's not a weight any of us should bear.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I look forward to seeing the crying faces on the family. Pity the mother of the surviving savage won't be one of them. She faces arrest if she steps back onto American soil, for failing to appear on a shoplifting charge. What a classy family. I am hoping hard the jury does the right thing and decides to put this dog down. Defense starts on Monday. Pity for the misguided fellow? Like that they had for the kids and adults they killed and the hundreds they maimed? I think not.

The FBI has moved the family of savages from their previous gov't footed residence already, BTW. Something about security concerns. Whatever.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What's your solution?

He can call all the witnesses he wants. I think the issue is who has to pay for them. I don't see anything requiring taxpayer funded penalty phase witnesses in the Constitution.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

What's your solution?

He can call all the witnesses he wants. I think the issue is who has to pay for them. I don't see anything requiring taxpayer funded penalty phase witnesses in the Constitution.

Do you want a one tiered or two tiered justice system?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Very true, but ......

I've read the U.S. Constitution more than a couple of times and damned if I can find a clause in it where it states the U.S. taxpayers must pay for the defense witnesses to attend trial.

If the "parents and buddies" of the already-found-guilty want to come testify, they should dig into their OWN pockets for the tab, not mine.

After all, the Taliban, etc., have millions of $$$$$ they can spend to get off one of their own.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Very true, but ......

I've read the U.S. Constitution more than a couple of times and damned if I can find a clause in it where it states the U.S. taxpayers must pay for the defense witnesses to attend trial.

If the "parents and buddies" of the already-found-guilty want to come testify, they should dig into their OWN pockets for the tab, not mine.

After all, the Taliban, etc., have millions of $$$$$ they can spend to get off one of their own.

L.W.

Should that just apply to this guy, or all defendants?

How about attorney's?
Should be apply the same principle to attorney's?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
No way do witnesses have expenses paid to attend trials. This isn't close to a fair trial issue, that's silly.

This is a political exception and shouldn't be allowed... ever.

Kent

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You really don't think a bunch from Mass. is going to declare the death penalty? This is the land of Ted Kennedy, Lurch and Romper Room Rommney.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
No way do witnesses have expenses paid to attend trials. This isn't close to a fair trial issue, that's silly.

This is a political exception and shouldn't be allowed... ever.

Kent

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/1821

Well, I guess they do get paid.

So instead of the bare minimum declared by law. They get special treatment and billing law firm instead of a public defender.

Problem with 'fair' is... if any of us were on trial we wouldn't get this.

Some's fair is fairer than others.

Kent

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It's no longer a Country of, for or by the People.
We're ruled by degenerates and lawbreakers.
Big Brother Rules

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to remember that all the lawyers in Congress get to make all the rules that keep the lawyers in the money. Tax payer money. It's simple, he who makes the rules gets to keep all the money.

They have no intentions of telling the tax payers just what they are paying for, it would ruin it for them. Public defenders and experts are paid with taxpayer money. End of story. Stop voting for lawyers and maybe some of this crap will end.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
would have been cheaper to just have them all killed.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

What's your solution?

Do you want a one tiered or two tiered justice system?

if you don't realize we already have a two tiered justice system you haven't been paying attention.

I have a hard time believing you don't pay attention.

there's rules for the ruling elite, the celebrities and there's rules for the common folk

justice, uh scratch justice, bad word, the legal system and application of it's laws are not applied equally to all classes of people

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t get bogged down in the semantics of the thing. A VW Beetle and a high end Lexus are both still cars, but more people can afford the Beetle than the Lexus. The Constitution provides minimum protections, not “perfect world” protections. Paying for the defense of indigents has been grafted into the Constitution by judicial precedent, but it should not mean that an indigent gets a taxpayer funded dream team or a deep pocket to fund fantasy defenses designed to create reasonable doubt. I don’t see how that entitles a person to fly in witnesses from other parts of the globe on the taxpayer’s dime to testify during the penalty phase about what a good boy the convicted mass murderer was. The family was over here under a claim of political asylum but seemed to have no trouble flying back and forth to the motherland whenever it suited them. Well, living far away has some disadvantages, but it still looks like a choice to me.

I really don’t see it being about different rules. America provides equal opportunity, not equality of circumstance. Bill Gates can buy better everything than me, including lawyers and health care. So what. My middle class lifestyle affords me a living that over 90% of the world cannot have.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What's your solution?

Zip ties, Black hood, C-130, GTMO.

Last edited by rlott; 04/26/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Notice, I didn't say we had achieved it.

Good man. You didn't let me down, after all.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." Dick the Butcher in Henry VI

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

He sure does. However, don't recall anywhere it says it gets to be on the taxpayer's dime.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Some here are walking a very slippery slope.

What happens when what you espouse is turned against you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How could this animals family help by standing in the courtroom and caterwauling?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Come hell or high water every member of my family will get to that courtroom one way or another.......of course my family as well as I are productive members of society and make it a point to obey laws and not get involved in terrorist activities so the chances of it happening or close to none.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

What's your solution?

+1

This is what makes us different from the barbarians we fight.

Of course judging by the cavalier attitude of many here we may have become the enemy sometime during the battle?

I honestly don't know... Has the family been accused of any actual crime, or are they only guilty of being in the same family as a terrorist?

As to the victims' needs for assistance, that's a whole other topic and clearly indicative of the crumby ways we "manage" entitlements in this country, but a separate conversation in my opinion.

Sure is a sad messed up world we live in. Grateful to have had the opportunity to worship The One who came to make it all right this morning...

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Come hell or high water every member of my family will get to that courtroom one way or another.......of course my family as well as I are productive members of society and make it a point to obey laws and not get involved in terrorist activities so the chances of it happening or close to none.

Time is coming when making comments such as those we on a subversive site such as this may get us charged with treason. At that point we will not likely have any of the luxuries you mention above.

The rule of law for all, even those who use it to kill us, is all we have if we hope to make it a couple more generations.

All this terrorism stuff is a shell game; a distraction. While our eyes watch that and look over seas to those our govt tell us are our enemies they @$$ rape us and we thank them for the protection.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sure, you can think that...but what happens when the majority decides, without habeus corpus, that you are guilty and aren't afforded the "rights" you think you have? Can't take away from some the rights you expect and demand, it's comes from the Constitution or so I was told....ya know, the whole "all men are created equal."

Hence, the slippery slope.

Last edited by Jcubed; 04/26/15.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Think about the much used analogy of the wolf and the sheep...sometimes you aren't the wolf, no matter what you think and believe. Those are the times when it is absolutely necessary for the rule of law, habeus corpus, and the Constitution to protect you...

Otherwise, you will be dinner whether you are the wolf or the sheep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

Sure is a sad messed up world we live in. Grateful to have had the opportunity to worship The One who came to make it all right this morning...

Amen Brother, Amen!

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Sure, you can think that...but what happens when the majority decides, without habeus corpus, that you are guilty and aren't afforded the "rights" you think you have? Can't take away from some the rights you expect and demand, it's comes from the Constitution or so I was told....ya know, the whole "all men are created equal."

Hence, the slippery slope.

I've never read in the constitution were it says the taxpayers take it in the ass for the comforts of his family, maybe I missed it.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Well, I apparently missed the part where the American people empower the government to do whatever they want...in the name of "freedom."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I apparently missed the part where the American people empower the government to do whatever they want...in the name of "freedom."

That whole nuther topic for discussion, and I'll likely agree with you on most of it, but tell me were does it say we take it in the ass?

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Define "take it in the ass"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are truly FUBAR..............

I feel so badly for the life my kids will be faced with.

MM

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
We are truly FUBAR..............

I feel so badly for the life my kids will be faced with.

MM

yup...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yep, 18.2 Trillion in national debt, we have much bigger fish to fry in the budget arena then this.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Yep, 18.2 Trillion in national debt, we have much bigger fish to fry in the budget arena then this.

Yup...just think about the interest. But I'm just a simpleton, what do I know?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

And there is the reason it will just keep going up, gotta start somewhere might as well be here and keep going right on up the ladder.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

And there is the reason it will just keep going up, gotta start somewhere might as well be here and keep going right on up the ladder.

Yeah, I think the point has been missed...

You can't pick and choose where you want your "rights" to work for you and against another.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Yeah, I think the point has been missed...

You can't pick and choose where you want your "rights" to work for you and against another.

I think maybe you're missing the point that the lavish rights he is being afforded are because of judges not the constitution.

He has every right to a fair and just trial not a lavish vacation for his family on the backs of the taxpayers.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What is the vacation you speak of?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Don't pretend to be something you're not, I already know enough about you to know you're not stupid but you do like to play games with folks when they disagree with you.

I'm not going to play your game.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just asking for the terms of the "argument" to be defined. Otherwise, how can we ever engage in civil discourse?

eidt:

Damn, sounds like TRH...my apologies.

But, I would like to know how you "know" about me.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Yes you crossed a line there didn't you.........

Ones posts tend to reveal who they are just as TRH's posts revealed who he was.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

No line crossed. Figured it hit a nerve.

To be honest, you have no idea what I think or believe. You have shown that in this thread.

Do, carry on...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

To be honest, you have no idea what I think or believe. You have shown that in this thread.

Do, carry on...

If that makes you feel better run with it.

Truth is unless you just post lies and just post to incite others like sherp and NWA do then folks here get to know the basics of who you are.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Don't pretend to be something you're not, I already know enough about you to know you're not stupid but you do like to play games with folks when they disagree with you.

I'm not going to play your game.

Sequestered in a hotel room for several days with armed guards.

It doesn't exactly sound like Disney land.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Do, carry on...

If that makes you feel better run with it.

Truth is unless you just post lies and just post to incite others like sherp and NWA do then folks here get to know the basics of who you are.

Go on...

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I read a sentence or so of such and close the thread. Right or wrong, not where my remaining head runs...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
95 members (160user, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,675 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,766
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.